The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kway View Post
    Newest addition to the garage, '99 BMW R1100RT-P. The P is for police, it's ex-California Highway Patrol. CHiPs! Predictably, its nickname is Ponch.

that's sick!
    how'd you stumble upon this

Comment

Stumble is the right word dude. Just browsing craigslist and there it was in the next town over. Wasn't even looking for one, but couldn't pass it up.
      '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
      '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

god fucking damnit i wish i had the money to pick this up!!! its in my town too...
        thoughts?

Comment

89 honda hawk n thats my buddies triumph behind me.
          -Frank
          1987 325is m50nv (schwarz)
          1990 325is (sterling silber)(sold)
          2001 525i

Comment

Originally posted by kway View Post
            Newest addition to the garage, '99 BMW R1100RT-P. The P is for police, it's ex-California Highway Patrol. CHiPs! Predictably, its nickname is Ponch.

that's sweet! My dad just picked up a 2008 K1200gt Awesome bike!
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
            VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Bump.

Went to Deals Gap NC and rode the Tail of the Dragon a couple weekends ago!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
              This is the internet. Just make something up.

Comment

Almost bought a 70's cb350 this weekend:hitler: Someone beat me to it.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

My SM610...

...on the Rubicon
                  Attached Files
                  Suspension tips here...
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
                    Almost bought a 70's cb350 this weekend:hitler: Someone beat me to it.
                    I just picked up a '76 CB500t on Tuesday for $180. It's rough, but complete and running. Been wanting to build a cafe bike for a while and this will do. Saw the ad on craigs about 20 minutes after it was posted and jumped all over it.

Comment

07 f650gs dakar here. My first bike, so far it's a blast

Comment

Finally got a lift at the house:

Wish it was a car lift, but it will still make life a LOT easier.

Comment

Ok here's a few of my past bikes.
                          The R6 was a heap of fun and sold it due to racking up a few too many km's

The XS, "loud bike" as I liked to call it when a friends son pointed out how loud it was. I built this bike up from stock into what it was. Then about a week after these pic's some dick decided they liked it more than I did and stole it from my apartment block :twisted: Any how here is some if the pics.

Next on the cards will be a BMW 1000rr :) From test riding the 1098 and the 1000rr the decision is clear. I just need to hurry up and move into a place with a secure garage again.

Comment

I got a couple of shots from my buddies GoPro on our cruise through god's country on Saturday. There are about 185 more pics that took half shots of my bike from the day...

My 2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM-

Him on his Gixxer with me back there somewhere-

Comment

my last big bike, buddy gave it to me and yea it was fun but also scared the crap out of me lol

then my daily i picked up off a guys back porch for $50, 81 Honda XL185S, its a good bit of fun and might soon become a motard.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
                              That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

So I just got home from checking out this 1962 Honda Dream CA77:

Bike looks pretty good, guy is asking $2800 or b/o. Has the title in hand. New tires, battery, etc. Also comes with a single seat. Originally from California, now in Hawaii. Owner says the clutch can stick - thinks its the clutch plates.

Here's the original ad:

"For Sale is a 1962 Honda Dream.
                                Has the 305cc motor
                                This bike was bought on Ebay 2 years ago by a friend of mine.
                                At that time it had been repainted, frame, tank, and all panels.
                                All aluminum polished, including motor.
                                Chrome on wheels is immaculate.
                                Chrome on mufflers and exhaust solid.
                                Super fun bike, starts up and idles first time every time.
                                I have the original 49 year old seat on the bike now, although the sale of the bike includes a new solo seat.
                                Bike has new white wall tires, new battery, newly tuned up by the fine folks at Andys Motorcycle Shop.
                                The bike starts right up and idles fine, the clutch grabs in all gears but slips at higher RPM's - the clutch plates need either replaced or adjusted- these parts are available online
                                This bike needs someone to care for and enjoy riding it as an antique, that it is.
                                I ride this bike almost every day, and love it, its a definite attention getter. Need to sell to focus on other bike projects.

I have seen a few people riding similar bikes around but not many, very unique bike in Hawaii.
                                Own a piece of Real Honda Motorcycle History!"

So R3V what say you? I think I'm going to call tomorrow with an offer. Its not perfect but its got its own unique charm...
                                "Modern cars, they all look like electric shavers."
                                http://www.flickr.com/photos/bloodonthemotorway/sets/

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X