The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kronus View Post
    I'm not sure if it's for sale yet, it's just been standing so I'm going to leave a note on it. Looking around they go for anywhere from 500 to 1500 used stockish. This one is modified, but it hasn't moved in a long time, so if it's for sale it'll probably be in there somewhere.
    If everything actually functions and it was $800 or less I would scoop that thing up and drive the shit out of it.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
    This is the internet. Just make something up.

Comment

Originally posted by DTFE30 View Post

My love.. 1988 ZX10
      I'm loving that Kawasaki. The big sport bikes get me all hot and bothered. Those, the ZX-11s, Thunderace, GS1200SS, CBR1100XX... cool stuff.

Just picked up this little beauty. 18k miles, Penske rear shock ($$$), Scotts steering damper, Yoshi pipes and a Power Commander. It was wrecked in a parking lot by a tiny little woman. Who teaches their wife to ride on a TL1000S?! She hit a truck and then a tree and that's how I got it for almost nothing. It'll be back together and on the street in a week or two.

'88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

What is a good price for a 1976 cb360t with 10k miles and in running condition? There is one locally that needs a gas tank and needs a brake flush and had the carbs just rebuilt. I can pick it up for $700 right now.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
        VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
          What is a good price for a 1976 cb360t with 10k miles and in running condition? There is one locally that needs a gas tank and needs a brake flush and had the carbs just rebuilt. I can pick it up for $700 right now.
          Seems a bit high that's about a $500 bike.

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
            I'm loving that Kawasaki. The big sport bikes get me all hot and bothered. Those, the ZX-11s, Thunderace, GS1200SS, CBR1100XX... cool stuff.

Just picked up this little beauty. 18k miles, Penske rear shock ($$$), Scotts steering damper, Yoshi pipes and a Power Commander. It was wrecked in a parking lot by a tiny little woman. Who teaches their wife to ride on a TL1000S?! She hit a truck and then a tree and that's how I got it for almost nothing. It'll be back together and on the street in a week or two.

Nice find! I know how you feel about the big bore bikes. My dad recently bought an '02 ZX12 . That bike is the fastest thing I have ever been on haha

Comment

Originally posted by Str8 Rippin View Post
              Seems a bit high that's about a $500 bike.
              Really? Alot of them are going for over 2g's on ebay. This one is 99% rust free

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
              VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
                Really? Alot of them are going for over 2g's on ebay. This one is 99% rust free
                qft, around here if you can find one (without even a hint of work done in 20 years) they go for $2-3k...
                usually can't find them though...
                Originally Posted by ACMF74
                i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

i hate having a bike with odd ball sized tires. 100/100 21 front and 110/90 18 rear, so hard to find a decent pair of tires that match. guess it will just get some dual sport tires on it again even though im chopping it up.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
                  That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

Uncovered her and rode her to the gas station for some fresh gas...

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

^that so sick. what do call that front brake setup an inverted disc brake? Any videos of it?
                      SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                      IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                      BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
                        ^that so sick. what do call that front brake setup an inverted disc brake? Any videos of it?
                        Thanks and it is a blast to ride. They refer the front brake as being "perimeter mounted" meaning the disk is mounted to the wheel rather than the hub. The front forks are inverted if that is what you are asking as well? The bike was designed to reduce as much un-sprung weight as possible and it shows. It's not the fastest bike in the world but its tuned and handles like a dream, weighs just under 380lbs as well :)

I can get some video up if you would like..

- Kyle
                        Last edited by Cronopoulos; 02-21-2012, 02:57 AM.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

I really want to build something like this.

Start with a BMW R65

Strip off all that isn't essential in making the bike move, turn or stop.
                          Hide as much wiring as possible and move the turn signals to the headlight.
                          Single seat and matching tail.
                          Clip-On, or clubman handlebars.
                          Upgrade the shocks. Maybe Ohlins.
                          Tune up the engine. Open up the ports, bigger carbs, better exhaust.
                          M20B23 Euro 323i - The Legend Of Ron Burgundrot

Comment

^^^ oh my god, that is amazing

Comment

That reminds me of the bike i posted up in here before;

This one;

SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                              IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                              BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

83 shadow 750
                                rear chopped off, solo seat, model a light
                                drag bars

Just got new fork seals and rear tire- just waiting on things to heat up again.

Comment

Working...
                                X