No announcement yet.

The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bike and my neglected e30. Will be cleaning up the e30 now that the cold weather is here.

Comment

From the Craigslist thread:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcd/5271927669.html

1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Just swapped the rd's front and rear sprockets and a new chain what a difference. That 15/38 combo was way too short on the gears. Im loving this 17/38 now it just cruises so smooth now.

Downs congrats on the new pickup! Old BMW bikes FTW! Those cx transmissions cases are huge lol. Ive been contemplating getting an xs850. I rode my friends xs1100 the other day, and man was that thing heavy 600+ lbs.

I want to get a nice inline 4 that does not weight that much. It seems though that all the 750's are in the 500lb range though :(

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
          Just swapped the rd's front and rear sprockets and a new chain what a difference. That 15/38 combo was way too short on the gears. Im loving this 17/38 now it just cruises so smooth now.

Downs congrats on the new pickup! Old BMW bikes FTW! Those cx transmissions cases are huge lol. Ive been contemplating getting an xs850. I rode my friends xs1100 the other day, and man was that thing heavy 600+ lbs.

I want to get a nice inline 4 that does not weight that much. It seems though that all the 750's are in the 500lb range though :(
          Thanks man, I'm still jealous of that RD haha

The guy i bought my BMW from actually does similar things that i do with these old bikes, he just picked up a huge load of bikes, one of which being a MINT RD, but alas, no money at the moment

Oh and speaking of XSs', I've got one of those too lol, havent even started on that one yet, but I can attest that they are MASSIVE compared to something like your RD or my lil CB360, I loaded and unloaded this 750 off my truck without brakes by myself, it was terrifying.

bad shot of it, but its been crammed in the back of my garage while i finish up these other bikes

Comment

Ayyyyyyyyy

I have a 2005 SV650S and a 2007 SV1000S.

I have the 650 for 3 years. I used it for everything including commuting up until 1 1/2 years ago. Racked up about 18,000 miles on it. Now that I carpool everyday I really enjoy riding it on the weekends when I get a chance. A lot more fun than the 1000. I like the sound of it too. However it's hard to deal with that exhaust on a long trips even with earplugs and music going (intercom).

Mt Lemon, Tuscon, Arizona:

I purchased the 1000 almost 2 years ago. It was my realistic dream bike. I primly use it for trips. Here's a thread showing me refreshing it up to go to LA: http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthr...034&highlight=
            I also did a Four Corners trip with it. I went through Utah, Colorado and New Mexico. Have about 7,500 miles on the saddle with the 1000.

Pike's Peak, Colorado (Kept the saddle bags back at the hotel):

E30: '91 318is - M52/ZF320 | Azev A 16X7.5 | H&R Race/Bilstein | Completely refreshed suspension/brakes/drivetrain

An Associate/Bachelors degree is America's most overrated product

Comment

Originally posted by AllydNYC View Post
              Mt Lemon, Tuscon, Arizona:
              Killer, ive been meaning to take the Repsol down to Mt lemon, i hear its awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Downz View Post
                Killer, ive been meaning to take the Repsol down to Mt lemon, i hear its awesome
                It's a pretty nice ride however there are a lot of signs letting you know the area is 'actively' patrolled and is a speed enforcement area. On the ride up I did 5 over the speed limit which was :yawn:. I did 15-25 over on parts on the way down and that was a lot better.

Great change in temp, it's a good sign that you're headed high up. Once I got to the it reminded me of Colorado. There was surprisingly a good restaurant up there called Iron Door: http://www.yelp.com/biz/iron-door-mount-lemmon .
                E30: '91 318is - M52/ZF320 | Azev A 16X7.5 | H&R Race/Bilstein | Completely refreshed suspension/brakes/drivetrain

Comment

My 2013 Triumph Street Triple R, this was actually one of the press launch bikes all the journos would've ridden, I bought it direct from Triumph, their factory is only about 15miles from my house!

At the road race track in Chimay, Belguim last month;

Somewhere in the Black Forest, Germany;

San Bernadino Pass, Switzerland;

This was fun, the valley where the Furka Pass (where the pictures is taken) meets the Grimsel Pass (Switzerland);

Twitter/Instagram - Kedge85

Comment

That's an amazing road. Break down of your trip and any details about you being able to walk afterwards? That bike must of been a blast in the hills!

Comment

Originally posted by Kedge View Post
                      My 2013 Triumph Street Triple R, this was actually one of the press launch bikes all the journos would've ridden, I bought it direct from Triumph, their factory is only about 15miles from my house!

Somewhere in the Black Forest, Germany;

Was around that area this past summer. Man I wish I had a bike while I was over there.

Comment

^one of these days I have to do a moto tour around Europe. How beautiful.

The Build:
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

Originally posted by ttrousdell View Post
                          ^one of these days I have to do a moto tour around Europe. How beautiful.
                          Do it, one of the best things I've ever done, I'm hoping to do it again next year.

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                          That's an amazing road. Break down of your trip and any details about you being able to walk afterwards? That bike must of been a blast in the hills!
                          The bike was brilliant, as were the roads. Could walk fine each night as well thankfully :), however I've had chronic sciatica since I've been back!

Basic itinerary;
                          Day 1, travelled down from the Midlands (UK) to the Channel Tunnel, then crossed to France, spent the afternoon seeing some WWI memorials and then stayed in Bruges, Belguim.
                          Day 2, from Bruges I headed south through Belguim and into the Ardennes Forest, stopped off in Chimay, Rocroi and then stayed in Sedan, France. Also stopped off at the Ouvrage de La Ferte.
                          Day 3, from Sedan, back into the Ardennes Forest and onto Bastogne, then down through Luxembourg to Diekrich and Vianden. From there I hopped into Germany and went to Trier, finally hitting the Autobahns to head south back into France to Strasbourg.
                          Day 4, straight into the Black Forest, where I spent most of the day before heading off to the Mercedes Museum in Stuttgart.
                          Day 5, just stayed in Stuttgart, was meant to be a bit of a rest day.
                          Day 6, headed south from Stuttgart, skirted through a bit of Austria by Lake Constance, stopped off in Vaduz, Liechtenstein. Then hit Switzerland and the San Bernadino Pass to get to Bellinzona.
                          Day 7, spent the day in the Swiss Alps, slowly heading west.
                          Day 8, time to head north again, and a change from the original paln of heading straight through France and instead went back through Luxembourg and stayed near Bastogne that night.
                          Day 8, north through the Ardennes and then across to Calais, France, where I spent the night.
                          Day 9, got a ferry crossing from Calais back to the UK and then hit the motorway back home.

I've started a ride report on another forum if it's of any interest, http://www.street-triple.co.uk/index...c,26868.0.html

Twitter/Instagram - Kedge85

Comment

Planned to fix a fuel leak on the e30 today but the weather was about 70 so decided to go for a ride instead. Nice fall picture on the way up to the Reading Pagoda

Comment

ugh

The guy is trying to make "loud" bikes more illegal

Anyone interested in assisting me in my struggle to "do the right thing," to stand for those in our society that are unable to stand for themselves, to truly make a difference, PLEASE...send the...

Edit: I responded to him on his FB page and he invited me to watch the video and then have a argument. He then deleted my leveled response...
                              Last edited by Dozyproductions; 11-04-2015, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kedge View Post

This was fun, the valley where the Furka Pass (where the pictures is taken) meets the Grimsel Pass (Switzerland);
                                Beautiful bike!

The idea of being able to travel between countries so easily and within a day driving/riding blows my mind. Over the distance of a US State in Europe you can ride to somewhere that has a different language, food, culture and architecture. That sounds so appealing minus me liking hot climates. The US has very little change going to an adjacent state so it lacks a lot of that. At least in the South West and Mountain states there is a big change in geography and climate.

I was talking to my girlfriend about that recently and I wanted to ask someone that lives in Europe. -How is it traveling between countries? Is it inconvenient?

Does going into another country in Europe feel dodgy or really uncomfortable at first?

With having so many countries close to one another, does having the opportunity/ability to easily travel to them something you get use to? It seems overwhelming that I could take a couple days off from work, drive onto a ferry and go somewhere so different.
                                Last edited by AllydNYC; 11-05-2015, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X