It was very cool to see. At the same time it was interesting to see how scrapped the area has been over the last 25 years. A lot of windows are gone from people stealing the metal frames, and the vehicle graveyard which used to house thousands of fully intact vehicles now only have a couple of hundred well picked over shells left.
It was cool playing the game just before I left again to compare it to reality. They got a lot of the buildings pretty dead on, they only moved the locations of some of them around a bit to suit the game storyline.
Urban Exploring - Hobby of yours?
Collapse
X
-
downi LOVE urbex. unfortunately anything that was interesting locally is either burned by the cops or the local party kids use them to get loaded. i need to branch out more and drive out further i think. we have some abandoned dairy's nearby too, but they've been fenced off recently due to squatters and gang related nonsense. anyone in SoCal want to get an outing together? I figure 4-5 people max is enough to stay low key, but still get some cool shit going. more eyes is always better
people with ideas for locations would be good too. i've always wanted to check out rock-a-hula, but i cant justify driving all the way out there by myself for that.Leave a comment:
-
such creepy places!!! the ones from over seas look exactly like that one map in cod4.... especiall the pool its almost identical including the steel work/window frames.....Leave a comment:
-
I have wanted to go there since seeing that "Life After People" show on TV a while back. Perfect example.A few select shots from Chernobyl/Prypiat, Oct 2010.Leave a comment:
-
According to the cops it was part of some "turf war" between 2 gangs at the time which is why they were patrolling it fairly often.
I have friends who had been going there since at least 2005 and it was pretty beat up then.
I find it ironic that a former paint factory is covered in spray paint now.Leave a comment:
-
Weird. That place is SO open that I have seen so many people there... must have been more 'new' at the time.Leave a comment:
-
How have I not found this thread until now? I've been exploring for almost 5 years now. Traveled to a lot of very cool spots all over the world.
Ugh F this place. I went with some friends a few year back. I went from one of the buildings into the other and walked into 2 cops pointing guns at me. Good times. Apparently a bunch of taggers had gone there, parking in an obvious spot and for some reason the cops decided they needed to send 12 cops in to find the taggers and found us as a bonus.Leave a comment:
-
I wish there was more around here. I got into this lightly when I was living in PA. Went to Pennhurst, Lynnfield Industrial Park(which is HUGE by the way), an abandoned paper mill in Downingtown, and a couple other places that were less than exciting. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. Great pictures dinanm3!Leave a comment:
-
Leave a comment:
-

General Electric Exide Battery Factory Urban Explore Urbex UE Atlanta Georgia by DinanM3atl, on Flickr

Broken Dials Glidden Paint Factory Urban Explore Urbex UE Atlanta Georgia by DinanM3atl, on Flickr

Broken Breaker Glidden Paint Factory Urban Explore Urbex UE Atlanta Georgia by DinanM3atl, on Flickr

Monitor Glidden Paint Factory Urban Explore Urbex UE Atlanta Georgia by DinanM3atl, on Flickr

Mixers Glidden Paint Factory Urban Explore Urbex UE Atlanta Georgia by DinanM3atl, on Flickr

No Lights Glidden Paint Factory Urban Explore Urbex UE Atlanta Georgia by DinanM3atl, on Flickr

World Outside Atlanta Prison Farm Urban Explore Urbex UE Atlanta Georgia by DinanM3atl, on Flickr

Pull Incase of Fire Atlanta Prison Farm Urban Explore Urbex UE Atlanta Georgia by DinanM3atl, on Flickr

Escape Atlanta Prison Farm Urban Explore Urbex UE Atlanta Georgia by DinanM3atl, on Flickr

Instruments Exide Battery Factory Urban Explore Urbex UE Atlanta Georgia by DinanM3atl, on Flickr

Syntron Exide Battery Factory Urban Explore Urbex UE Atlanta Georgia by DinanM3atl, on Flickr

Automatic Wash Exide Battery Factory Urban Explore Urbex UE Atlanta Georgia by DinanM3atl, on FlickrLeave a comment:
















Leave a comment: