Teen suicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maluco View Post
    most of us have gone through semi-to-very embarrassing things in our lives, maybe not what this kid was doing and/or getting caught in the manner in which he did, but still. You don't go killing yourself and devastating the lives of family members, loved ones and friends over it. People move on and forget. I just have a very hard time understanding how someone can take their own life, outside of absolute extreme necessity.

that being said, there's no question it's sad that he did this to himself and his family. Other than that, people are always going to make light of tragedy and devastation. Have you ever ran into a 9/11 joke? What, 3,000 something people died in that, didn't they? Pretty sure some of those jokes even came via talk show hosts...
    100% with this post.

For the underlined part, yes, it's pretty fucking selfish taking your own life.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Yes i agree with maluco, and i never said i feel for the kid but i definitely feel for his family as I've been through the same shit they're going through. I wasn't aware i was getting hot headed, but thanks for letting me know.

86 Zinno es
      M50 inside

Comment

Originally posted by Vince30 View Post
        Its sad when someone dies, its hard for me to find pity for those who kill themselves.
        Would you have the guts to do it?

Internet and forums are the new locations for bullying. It doesn't take more than a few spoiled brats to make somebody's life difficult. It happens with kids, it happens with adults.

Tyler Clementi had to manage being a teenager, which by itself can be tough and requires acceptance and understanding, but also to face its different sexuality and all the personal questionning that goes with it. He didn't choose to be gay, the same way nobody here chose to be hetero.

There's a very high rate of suicide within the gay teenage segment, caused by all the pressure of the "environement". To those of you who prefered to laugh: I wish you had experienced the same traumatic situations. There's no joke to make.

Really.
        Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
          He got filmed fucking a dude, then freaked when his sexual preference was revealed, and posted a suicide note on Facebook before doing himself in.

He should of just strut his success and make his roommate look weird for recording him having gay sex.
          The psycho approach has worked very well in my life. When something happens just make their response seem weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post

Internet and forums are the new locations for bullying. It doesn't take more than a few spoiled brats to make somebody's life difficult. It happens with kids, it happens with adults.

Tyler Clementi had to manage being a teenager, which by itself can be tough and requires acceptance and understanding, but also to face its different sexuality and all the personal questionning that goes with it. He didn't choose to be gay, the same way nobody here chose to be hetero.

There's a very high rate of suicide within the gay teenage segment, caused by all the pressure of the "environement". To those of you who prefered to laugh: I wish you had experienced the same traumatic situations. There's no joke to make.

Really.
            Then HOW THE FUCK IS bimmer_E30 STILL FUCKING ALIVE?

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by alpinee30m50 View Post
              Yes i agree with maluco, and i never said i feel for the kid but i definitely feel for his family as I've been through the same shit they're going through. I wasn't aware i was getting hot headed, but thanks for letting me know.
              I never said i don't feel bad for his family, but I would if i knew them. I just don't have any sympathy for some kid killing himself.

90 325is alpine2 m50b25 becoming a dorifto car.

Comment

I don't either, I just think its really damn immature to be making jokes about it when you don't know the entire story aside from what was in the news. That's the point i was trying to make, plus its been a while since I've started shit on here so i figured it'd be funsies :D

86 Zinno es
                M50 inside

Comment

You guys are fucked up beyond belief.

A real young kid I believe just committed suicide also from being bullied for being gay, the kid was 13 or some shit. He was kind of a wack job said he was gay and was a Buddhist at 13... then offed himself with a self inflicted gun shot.

HERE.

I don't think you should sit here and call some one selfish and whatnot, many of you have probably never even dealt with severe depression. So maybe you people talking shit should stfu. I don't give a fuck if the kid was gay or not, what happened is a shame and seems to be happening far to often these days with the use of the internet.

Bad parenting for young children getting bullied on the internet is to blame IMO. Your 13 yearold shouldn't be posting videos on youtube.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post

Really.
                    No I would not have the guts to do it because I love my life and everyone in it to much. When I was in high school I would sometimes go around the locker room telling everyone good game while slapping their asses because I thought the reactions were fuckin funny. You have to be completely uncomfortable with yourself to be able to kill yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince30 View Post
                      You have to be completely uncomfortable with yourself to be able to kill yourself.
                      Bingo. And what do you guess makes the gay teenagers uncomfortable to the point that they see no other issue than suicide? Imagine being bullied every single hour of the day for something that is not in your control or have no handle on.
                      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Who gives a shit he's a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles for K.O'n himself. amidoingitright?

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

The people who don't sympathize with suicides are ignorant and haven't yet experienced the full band of human emotions and society. There's no way to know what this guy was really going through or who actually cared for him.. So all you kids with loving families and friends realize that not everybody has that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nic01101011 View Post
                            The people who don't sympathize with suicides are ignorant and haven't yet experienced the full band of human emotions and society. There's no way to know what this guy was really going through or who actually cared for him.. So all you kids with loving families and friends realize that not everybody has that.
                            You know what? Life is hard. It's his loss.

I regret that this happened for his family's sake, but take comfort in the fact that the kid isn't in pain anymore. I mean, it was his choice, right? A decision like that is best made by the recipient. I regret that he was troubled but it was ultimately his decision. Why feel bad about it?
                            "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Its a shitty situation if the story goes that he was being bullied by his roomate constantly to the point of suicide. but i have a hard time believing that was necessarily the case. nobody knows what really happened just from that article.

maybe the kids boyfriend broke up with him and thats why he offed himself. maybe someone killed him for being gay. maybe he didnt jump. maybe he fell.

"A New Jersey college student has leapt to his death a day after authorities said two students secretly filmed him having sex with a man and broadcast it over the internet."

this is what we know but it does not mean the suicide and the video broadcast necessarily were a correlation and causation. its just unclear from this article. if the kid was asking for private time, rather than sneaking around, then it seems very possible that everyone already knew he was gay. if that were true then there had to be some other motivation for him to jump off the bridge.

its easy to jump to conclusions. still sad regardless of the situation.

Originally posted by Dermeister3 View Post
                              actually its somewhere that does not spell check their students on trivial internet forums.

it's also somewhere which has the 3rd best business program in the country. (according to the WSJ)
                              really dude? who cares? 3rd best biz program? that doesnt mean shit really. it all about how you use your skills and knowledge. dont go walkin around thinkin you are better than everyone because you are overly sensitive about peoples reactions to an article and you go to the 3rd best business program in the country. (according to the WSJ)

Comment

Originally posted by tonywonder View Post
                                Its a shitty situation if the story goes that he was being bullied by his roomate constantly to the point of suicide. but i have a hard time believing that was necessarily the case. nobody knows what really happened just from that article.

maybe the kids boyfriend broke up with him and thats why he offed himself. maybe someone killed him for being gay. maybe he didnt jump. maybe he fell.

"A New Jersey college student has leapt to his death a day after authorities said two students secretly filmed him having sex with a man and broadcast it over the internet."

this is what we know but it does not mean the suicide and the video broadcast necessarily were a correlation and causation. its just unclear from this article. if the kid was asking for private time, rather than sneaking around, then it seems very possible that everyone already knew he was gay. if that were true then there had to be some other motivation for him to jump off the bridge.

its easy to jump to conclusions. still sad regardless of the situation.

really dude? who cares? 3rd best biz program? that doesnt mean shit really. it all about how you use your skills and knowledge. dont go walkin around thinkin you are better than everyone because you are overly sensitive about peoples reactions to an article and you go to the 3rd best business program in the country. (according to the WSJ)

Very good way of putting it. I agree with you very much so.

90 325is alpine2 m50b25 becoming a dorifto car.

Comment

Working...
                                X