No announcement yet.

This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pope Valley "Butts Rd" fire. Too small of a lens.

I really need a 300mm prime lens for this sort of stuff. Not my best work, but with the right lens, it could have been really good.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Yeah a 300-400mm prime would be awesome for both this kinda stuff and for your air show work, other then being really heavy, I dont see much down side to it especially if your going to be look8ing into something in F2.8 realm hell even f4 is going to give you a noticeable upgrade in the low light/bokeh department
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

300mm aren't too bad in the weight department.
        Maybe I'm crazy. I use to do a lot of football and I just hand held my 300mm 2.8 and just kept most of the weight with a camera strap on the lens around my shoulder as I ran around up and down the field and up and down levels of the stadium shooting for sponsors. I liked the 300 over the 400 for mobility but again, a little biased because I'm generally a wider guy anyway.
        travisyoungphotography.com // instagram @tyouphoto

Comment

I'm thinking about buying a 300mm F4 prime, its expensive, but I'm getting really tired of having good shots ruined by a soft lens. I'd kill for a 400mm but I really don't have that sort of $$$$. The thing that sucks is that I haven't found a 300mm F4 lens with image stabilization. I can shoot without the image stabilization but its so much easier to shoot slow shutter speeds for perfect prop blur with it. I think I was shooting at 1/60 -1/80 sec for these shots.

Will
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

I went to a big Porsche thing today. Took an hour to drive there. Got there. Got out of the car. Grabbed my camera. Promptly realized I forgot my one battery in the charger.

:|

Of course, the camera store was closed and the batteries Walmart sells aren't precharged even in the slightest.

Lesson learned.

I should probably get a bag for all my shit now, too.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Had this as a rental car. Had more room inside than I would've ever expected seeing it from the outside.

travisyoungphotography.com // instagram @tyouphoto

Comment

Went fishing with the room mate. We have a friend with three private ponds, they are full of large mouth bass.

And some iPhone 5 photos.

Comment

thats a good looking fish.
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                  92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                  88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                  88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                  87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                  12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Not the most exciting angle but I absolutely love this car

20140718-DSC_2344 by PhillipKeefe, on Flickr

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I can finally post these, now that Wired wrote an article.

Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Some really good shots in here. Almost feel like I shouldn't stink the thread up with my garbage but some constructive criticism may help improve my skills.

Pentax KX, 50mm SMC f1.7 prime. I don't have any programs like Light Room or Photo Shop.

Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 07-20-2014, 11:09 PM.

Comment

CPL for sure and maybe use your exposure compensator a bit to slightly underexpose some of your main subject to keep from blowing the sky or really well lit areas totally out.

I know its really hard to get light and shadow correct in one shot with out resorting to an HDR , I shoot a lot of lit and shadowed landscapes and tend to try to get the lit ares usable and sacrifice the shadowed ones unless my main interest in the shot is shadowed.

Not too bad though I really like the 1st one
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                            I can finally post these, now that Wired wrote an article.

What and where is this? Cool shots.

Will
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

Obsessed with doing this to my pictures right now

Originally posted by LowR3V'in
                              It's in the name e30tech not e30offtopic

Comment

^ plz don't