No announcement yet.

This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That first shot looks so peaceful. Nice!

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
      Dabbling in photography...

You should dabble in posting it right :ST1G:

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
        That first shot looks so peaceful. Nice!
        Thanks! It's up there with one of my favorite shots.

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
        LOL

Feedback!
        Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
        Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
          Works for me? What are you seeing wrong?

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
            Works for me? What are you seeing wrong?
            I dislike seeing the flickr information. Which can be eliminated by selecting the specific image size prior to copying the image url.

Comment

Did some canyon stuff the other day, GoPro Hero 3+
              C6Z
              S2K
              VeloN

Comment

This is Photography

Strausbourg France
                BMW tech
                Umass Amherst
                05 wrx sti

Comment

Took this in September at Garnet Lake in Ansel Adams Wilderness

Garnet Lake by Geoff Potter, on Flickr
                  "Modern cars, they all look like electric shavers."
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/bloodonthemotorway/sets/

sigpic

Comment

Been thinking about upgrade camera body. Ive had the d3100 for just under two years and the 35mm 1.8 just under one year. Ive been thinking about the d7200 to keep with the Nikon name and I don't think I want to drop full frame money. Main uses will be cars and landscape while hiking, someday I want to get into portraits. Do you think upgrading over the d3100 will help out much? Any suggestions?

Comment

A newer FF body with higher DR and better low light ISO performance will help greatly for landscapes in some situations and I would think better DR would be beneficial for shooting car stuff .

I would put my money into glass right now, that would work on a FF or better crop body from nikon as well as your current set up. Get your glass collection closer to where you want it then drop some money on a nice gently used D750 or D810. I will admit after messing with a friends 810 for a couple hours this summer, I was seriously thinking about ditching my canon and olympus rigs to fund an 810 set up.

Currently I am looking to go the other way, of sorts. I love my 6d but for wildlife shooting I would benfit from a good crop body, due to the crop factor and better A/F tracking, so am looking for a deal on decent 7d to couple with my supper telephoto and just leave it on there.
                      Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-02-2015, 03:47 PM.
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Yeah its always a tough call on what to do when a lot of money is involved. There's a budget 24-85mm but I think it'd be consider a kit for the FX line. It could be a decent buy for now before I really save up for a better body. Maybe by then a new body would be released making 750's cheaper.

And who knows, I might be shooting in Montana next year too. I applied to grad school in Bozeman.

Comment

Your pictures look pretty nice to me, Could get FF if you want but better glass is a bigger deal in my opinion. My mom still uses here 12 year old Canon Rebel XTi and it takes great pictures with my 50mm f/1.4 and her 8-16mm f/4.5 Wide angle.
                          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                          willschnitz

Comment

full frame probably isn't necessary unless you are semi pro or better. full frame lenses also cost a lot more. i would get a newer crop sensor camera because the auto focus and metering will be better. buy the best lenses you can afford. avoid at all cost the factory lenses that come with camera kits. they suck big dirty ass. look closely at the sigma 18-250 zoom. good glass quality, lots of versatility in a small package and price.

i agree with sleeve....my blood bleeds canon, but right now the camera bodies made by nikon are blowing canon out of the water-especially in terms of light meters and ccd sensors.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

went out with a buddy of mine to finally shoot his new 5.0. was bummed though, we went a week after he sold his old wheels/a week before he got his new wheels, so hes just on his stocks in the photos. nonetheless, I love this location and it makes any car look badass, stock or not.

sigpic
                              @joshua.j.rizo

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf
                              Just remember next time you hear "late night when you need my love" I'm gonna be sitting somewhere way more bitchin' than you, driving or not.

BUY MY BUGATTI WHEELS:
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=377693

WRITEUP TO MY RHD SWAP:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371904

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                                Been thinking about upgrade camera body. Ive had the d3100 for just under two years and the 35mm 1.8 just under one year. Ive been thinking about the d7200 to keep with the Nikon name and I don't think I want to drop full frame money. Main uses will be cars and landscape while hiking, someday I want to get into portraits. Do you think upgrading over the d3100 will help out much? Any suggestions?
                                I'm in the exact same situation with the exact same body and exact same lens lol. I decided I'm waiting until I can drop FF money on a body and new glass. I don't feel like making the incremental steps up.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X