Clear All

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    dude! his dick is hanging out!
    Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    thats what happens when they are relaxed lol
    Happens to me all the time...
    sigpic

Comment

I was thinking about getting a portable strobe for shooting outdoors and architecture. what is your opinion on this? or is there something better to look into and a beginner in the strobe world.

Calumet Traveller Plus 3000w power pack and one head - $500
      Attached Files
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Looking at picking up a Fuji X100T after the holidays, have any of you shot with any Fuji X series cameras?

I'm looking to use it as an everyday carry kind of camera, I didn't to go to a Point and Shoot though, so I think the Fuji will work great.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Originally posted by noE30 View Post
          Looking at picking up a Fuji X100T after the holidays, have any of you shot with any Fuji X series cameras?

I'm looking to use it as an everyday carry kind of camera, I didn't to go to a Point and Shoot though, so I think the Fuji will work great.

Depends on what you are thinking of shooting. For that price I would probably be looking at a sony they have amazing sensors plus the one below has a sensor size of 35.8 x 23.9 mm compared to 23.6 x 15.6 mm of the fuji. This will give you a great advantage in low light conditions.

Though you will need to buy a lens to go with this

sigpic

Comment

The fuji is great I have not shot one other than to play with them in the store once in a while. When people ask me what to look at for a P/S I point them to the x20 or if they want new new version the x30...... The Fuji glass is top notch there is no doubt about that, but and while 35mm is a good all round focal length it can be a bit limiting

For a every day camera its REALLY HARD to beat a Olympus or Pan M4/3 set up. With the primes that are out there from both Zuiko or Pan Pan/leica there is a lot of bang in a little package. Also there are are a few fast F2.8 zooms out now form both Pan/leica and Olympus though they are kinda pricey The pen seires form Olympus have been getting those outstanding sony senors since 12, and with a simple adapter thanks to the narrow flange to sensor distance you can adapt almost ANY legacy manual lens to it, and there are some GREAT cheap awesome Olympus OM mount stuff out there as well as the Rokkor and the old Contax/Yshica (C/Y) mount zeiss glass that is out standing for very very good pricing...... I have manual 180mm F2.8 Zuiko OM on the way soon.

My every day carry around camera is Oly EM5 normally with a 17mm F1.8 on it A nice Pen with the sony senor and and that lens (34mm FF equivalent) makes a great combo that will likely out produce the X100. Lens might be a touch softer in the corners, compared to the X100 but you have a better low light sensor in the sony hardware and a lot more versatility over all with lots of lens options out there....

Random example though with a 75mm on the front....

deer by mrsleeve, on Flickr
            Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-11-2014, 03:24 AM.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

A throwaway from a recent set for a client. Just colour balance adjustment and clarity adjustment on this one. Need more time from my other job so I can finish my backlog of photos. >.<

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
                Depends on what you are thinking of shooting. For that price I would probably be looking at a sony they have amazing sensors plus the one below has a sensor size of 35.8 x 23.9 mm compared to 23.6 x 15.6 mm of the fuji. This will give you a great advantage in low light conditions.

Though you will need to buy a lens to go with this

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...al_camera.html
                Of course the Sony A7 is the better camera. The whole point in me looking into the x100t is to avoid buying lenses. If I was doing a complete revamp of my gear id sell my 6d to buy the Sony A7s, and probably use canon lenses. I've looked at going to a high end point and shoot but I still want full manual control if needed.

This will be a camera to carry while going out with friends, cycling, and everyday wanderings around the city. My DSLR woukd still be used for all paid work and special events.

Flickr

Comment

well if its straight up P/S with manual controls your after then I would be looking at the Fuji X30 or the Olympus Stylus1 only real draw back the Olympus P/S is a max shutter speed of 1/2000th but thats good enough for birds in flight as a general rule so for a general ABC camera it should not be too much of a hindrance.

here is a good shoot out review of the advanced P/S on the market which the XT100 is included
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Anyone have interest in a Canon 85mm f1.8 USM? Selling mine due to never using in, 10/10 condition. $300 plus shipping.

Flickr

Comment

I shot this yesterday.

I can't make up my mind if its too dark or not.

Will
                      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                      '88 BMW M3

Comment

given what you have to work with there will, its about as good as you can do with out a massive HDR...(from a moving car?????? ) .......... I like the sky and the bridges main tower, cableing and city skyline but if it had been me I think I would crop out much of the road deck and the cars right at the roof line of the cars. But then you lose much of the perspective you get from that shot, the up shot is though you lose the part thats making feel its too dark...

Something like this maybe, I hope you dont mind (I will pull it down if you want me to) All I did is crop it some, but left the cars in the frame too keep the perspective there but lost all the overly dark and boring extreme foreground.... Its still dark, but it feel like its supposed to be that way with out all the excess. I think that would look very nice on the wall of a hipsters downtown loft..... has more of an arty feel to it

William Pitt-

Comment

I agree with Mrsleeve, I do like the moodyness of the shot but I think it feels too dark due to the bottom third being mostly black. The crop definitely tones that down a bit IMO.

Here are a few of my shots from the last few weeks. Its been kinda foggy and dreary lately so I've kinda switched up my edits a little to fit the mood.

_MG_7201.jpg by m_colby, on Flickr

_MG_7386.jpg by m_colby, on Flickr

_MG_6274.jpg by m_colby, on Flickr

_MG_7103.jpg by m_colby, on Flickr

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by noE30 View Post
                            I agree with Mrsleeve, I do like the moodyness of the shot but I think it feels too dark due to the bottom third being mostly black. The crop definitely tones that down a bit IMO.

Here are a few of my shots from the last few weeks. Its been kinda foggy and dreary lately so I've kinda switched up my edits a little to fit the mood.

Where is that? Looks like something you'd find in the countryside of Pennsylvania.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                              Where is that? Looks like something you'd find in the countryside of Pennsylvania.

Northern Iowa actually, I believe it is some kind of old school house.

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                                given what you have to work with there will, its about as good as you can do with out a massive HDR...(from a moving car?????? ) .......... I like the sky and the bridges main tower, cableing and city skyline but if it had been me I think I would crop out much of the road deck and the cars right at the roof line of the cars. But then you lose much of the perspective you get from that shot, the up shot is though you lose the part thats making feel its too dark...

Something like this maybe, I hope you dont mind (I will pull it down if you want me to) All I did is crop it some, but left the cars in the frame too keep the perspective there but lost all the overly dark and boring extreme foreground.... Its still dark, but it feel like its supposed to be that way with out all the excess. I think that would look very nice on the wall of a hipsters downtown loft..... has more of an arty feel to it

Yes, I shot that from a moving car through the windshield. I can lighten up the pic. I was just looking at it in Lightroom and by chopping the bottom out, but just to the point of the nearest car, things seem to balance better. Chopping things to the tops of the roof lines also cuts the city skyline out as well. I over cropped another pic that looks better in the original state.

This one is way dark, but moody.

Will
                                '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                                '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                                '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Working...
                                X