How often do you shut down your computer?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jean
    replied
    My unix box and server 2003 easily top it until there is power outage or I make changes, but the workstation/laptops I turn off daily.

    Leave a comment:


  • nickpro
    replied
    27 days on my MBP. I'm sure I've gone longer lol

    Leave a comment:


  • bimmerpirate
    replied
    Originally posted by e30trooper
    Time for new heat-sink and clean everything.
    It's a tablet laptop that's only a year and a half old. this thing ran hot to begin with.


    Yeah, and a 64bit AMD at that. lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    Originally posted by bimmerpirate
    Top for my desktop was 3 months, but I shut it down every summer to keep from overheating my room. lol

    laptop is only at 2 days because it likes to overheat. it's a HP tx2z-1000. runs hot ALL the damn time.
    So does mine, gotta love those AMD processors...

    Leave a comment:


  • e30trooper
    replied
    Originally posted by bimmerpirate
    Top for my desktop was 3 months, but I shut it down every summer to keep from overheating my room. lol

    laptop is only at 2 days because it likes to overheat. it's a HP tx2z-1000. runs hot ALL the damn time.
    Time for new heat-sink and clean everything.

    Leave a comment:


  • bimmerpirate
    replied
    Top for my desktop was 3 months, but I shut it down every summer to keep from overheating my room. lol

    laptop is only at 2 days because it likes to overheat. it's a HP tx2z-1000. runs hot ALL the damn time.

    Leave a comment:


  • LowR3V'in
    replied
    I turn it off every night or the sound will keep me awake.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dominic49
    replied
    Originally posted by b*saint
    whats folding?
    math

    Leave a comment:


  • b*saint
    replied
    whats folding?

    Leave a comment:


  • u3b3rg33k
    replied
    An idle computer consumes nowhere near 200w. Mine FOLDING consumes 250W.

    An idle laptop consumes under 20w on average.

    Leave a comment:


  • b*saint
    replied
    Every night because it heats up my office too much.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sailor37
    replied
    average of 200 watts, at 12 cents per kWh, that's about 58 cents a day to your computer on.

    Leave a comment:


  • u3b3rg33k
    replied
    Originally posted by nando
    Most computers come with lithium ion batteries. they don't have memory issues..
    It's not a memory thing - that got dealt with a long time ago with Ni-Cd.
    Memory was the need to fully drain a battery, this is somewhat the opposite - not draining it fully on purpose. They do it in Hybrid vehicles as well. Li-ion batteries just last longer when not fully discharged.

    Manufacturers take a conservative approach and specify the life of Li-ion in most consumer products as being between 300 and 500 discharge/charge cycles.…

    Leave a comment:


  • Killacortes
    replied
    Right on. I have maybe turned it off 2 times in the past 8 months of owning it

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Most computers come with lithium ion batteries. they don't have memory issues..

    Leave a comment:

Working...