The Official Modern House Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tg318is
    replied
    What he said

    Leave a comment:


  • 87e30
    replied
    ^ Wow that glass house is INCREDIBLE!

    Leave a comment:


  • Thehemiman
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    While neat in their own respects.


    SO NOT MY STYLE not even close to anything I would want to call home.


    They all look so cold, and sterile. Look more like doctors offices or Office suites. Nothing homey at all about any of them. The 1st one is ok, but just way too modern with too many goofy angles and too much glass. like you would be living on a stage with everything you do the neighbors would be privy too.
    I have to agree with you. A timber frame house with some nice stonework incorporated into it is what I would consider ideal. These modern houses are incredible to look at and some of the designs are quite impressive, but they're just not for me.

    Leave a comment:


  • jaywood
    replied
    Glass house in the woods?










    Leave a comment:


  • 5spoke
    replied
    Holy fuck that pool looks amazing.

    Leave a comment:


  • tg318is
    replied
    I've seen that house before^. Absolutely love it!

    Leave a comment:


  • Harry's E30
    replied
    jumping of the roof into that would be so much fun

    Leave a comment:


  • jaywood
    replied
    One more: check out the pool

    Leave a comment:


  • jaywood
    replied


    Leave a comment:


  • jaywood
    replied











    Leave a comment:


  • nickpro
    replied
    ^^





    ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Eecen
    replied
    Sooo...do you do porn shoots or something?








    I actually got to meet the architect who designed this house, and lives in it. He kind of came off as a stuck up douche-nozzle. The house however is very nice, and has a great view of Okanagan Lake. Unfortunately there aren't many good pictures of it online...

    It's in a Cul-de-sac., and this is what you see at the "curb"


    The "back yard"












    Last edited by Eecen; 10-03-2011, 05:00 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • nickpro
    replied
    I love modern Architecture. My Dad deigned this house for himself, and now I live here. It's 1200 sq ft, perfect for one or 2 people.








    guest bed lol

    Leave a comment:


  • 87e30
    replied
    ^ I'm with you, I love the smaller, modern, thoughtful layout homes. I would, however, like more exterior landscaping/glass than the ones posted above.

    Quality/Design > size.

    Leave a comment:


  • VinniE30
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    Vinnie: Those look like they are built outta shipping containers
    They look cool as fucking hell.
    Very high quality and lots of attention to detail, read about it.
    Very energy efficient too, and you get a discount from the gov because of it. 51% more energy efficient than the average new home.

    Leave a comment:

Working...