The Official Modern House Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Vinnie: Those look like they are built outta shipping containers

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    I <3 never ending pools. I could swim in one forever.

    Leave a comment:


  • M-technik-3
    replied
    Keep my current stick built money pit.

    Leave a comment:


  • VinniE30
    replied
    I like this one too.

    Leave a comment:


  • VinniE30
    replied
    I LOVE houses like this!
    I actually prefer smaller houses though.
    This is one of my favorites:


    Cost less than 500k for them to build it for you...


    One thing I would change though is having the ground floor walls go all the way to the corner posts to make it an enclosed garage. Perfect.

    Leave a comment:


  • TwoJ's
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    While neat in their own respects.


    SO NOT MY STYLE not even close to anything I would want to call home.


    They all look so cold, and sterile. Look more like doctors offices or Office suites. Nothing homey at all about any of them. The 1st one is ok, but just way too modern with too many goofy angles and too much glass. like you would be living on a stage with everything you do the neighbors would be privy too.
    I dated a girl who was a house manager for a guy named Rob Glasier who comes from early microsoft money and was worth over $1 billion at one point. He went on to create real networks and rhapsody and shit. Anyways, one year I went to a Christmas party that he threw for the staff at his house (around 15 people). He had a house like these that was on lake WA, and while there was a fucking TON of glass on all sides of the house, all you had to do was hit a dimmer switch and the glass would tint so you couldn't see through it.

    I think houses like that are works of art and beautiful. You really have to walk through them to appreciate them IMO.

    Leave a comment:


  • imsotyerred
    replied
    Originally posted by 5Toes
    Are you a gnome? I <3 gnomes
    not a gnome nor a hobbit but I was the inspiration for the dwarf character in RPG my friends were making a few years ago. Apparently it was the combination of how i run and my beard...reminded them of Gimli

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Are you a gnome? I <3 gnomes

    Leave a comment:


  • imsotyerred
    replied
    If i were to have a house built for me, it would be more like this:



    Yes Please!

    That's right, another modernarchitecture-disliker. the square shape and so much glass, while somewhat neat looking, screams more LOOK AT ME! my house is MODERN and has a COMPUTER!

    Leave a comment:


  • Harry's E30
    replied
    Here is a pretty cool modern house my dad designed.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	4081895428_fa92755ae3_z.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	7135847
    Click image for larger version

Name:	4081895524_76717a9231_z.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	7135848

    Leave a comment:


  • markseven
    replied


    Looks like a server or some other computer hardware...

    Leave a comment:


  • MattAvino
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Eecen
    replied
    I like what Kershaw posted, that kind of architecture is what I find attractive.

    Buut, LEED is a bunch of bullshit tbh, one of their "certificates" shouldn't really be a deciding factor on a house's design.

    Leave a comment:


  • jaywood
    replied






    Leave a comment:


  • Kershaw
    replied










    modern houses do not have to be a waste. this one is a sustainable, LEED certified, design. i've been in love with this type of architecture since i was a kid. i love seeing metal, glass, concrete, and wood. i was raised on frank lloyd wright. :D the robie house, falling water, johnson wax headquarters, the guggenheim, petra island house, are just amazing pieces of architecture. some of my favorites from him.

    mrsleeve, you're pics of OT. this is the MODERN house thread. not "the official hunting lodge in colorado thread." :P

    Leave a comment:

Working...