The Official Modern House Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nadocaster
    replied
    Yeah, a forgiving climate does wonders for what a designer can get away with. Every Canadian architecture student- of which I was one, until a couple years ago- has at some point wished to work in California.

    One of my favorites, and one of the first modern houses-



    The Schindler-Chase house in West Hollywood. 1922! You sleep on the roof in baskets.

    I'm also completely nuts for anything by Sean Godsell:


    Leave a comment:


  • keefy6
    replied
    creatively, alot of these are just amazing. i can't help to wonder though how inefficient they are at heating and cooling a space. high ceilings with minimal insulation equals wasted energy to me.

    then again, if you have the money this doesnt matter

    Leave a comment:


  • jaywood
    replied
    To much prime content on this Tumblr ---> http://thelavishlifestyles.tumblr.com/



















    Last edited by jaywood; 05-05-2012, 03:11 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • speedhop
    replied
    Revival time! Just some overly sterile orthogonal geometry for your brains.







    Leave a comment:


  • EndreM
    replied












    Not a house, but still cool.


    And this:



    View of probably the best road in Norway

    Last edited by EndreM; 10-17-2011, 12:24 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vtec?lol
    replied
    Keep posting! this is epic!

    Leave a comment:


  • Jav3
    replied
    lol, heres my version of a moder (dog) house. Just built it last week for my husky.





    thats a smoke plexiglass window to the side.



    I did get the idea from google- so its not original.

    Leave a comment:


  • jaywood
    replied
    More pics of that?

    Looks pretty nice!

    Leave a comment:


  • unrlmth
    replied
    Where I live/parent's house. It's not quite finished yet, but the exterior is pretty much done.

    Leave a comment:


  • jaywood
    replied


    Leave a comment:


  • EndreM
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
    I see no bathroom in there.....
    It's in a forest

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    I see no bathroom in there.....

    Leave a comment:


  • Cronopoulos
    replied
    Nothing like bambi watching you bone...

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Looks... FAKE. The glass house that is

    Leave a comment:


  • nickpro
    replied
    Such a cold design in the snowy woods. Can't say I'm feeling it.

    Leave a comment:

Working...