The Official Modern House Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shangsta
    replied
    Originally posted by jaywood
    I have been to this house, my friends Step Dad owns it and it is beyond amazing. Its been forsale for a few years now, I guess not alot of people have 75million laying around

    Leave a comment:


  • E30 Wagen
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Deltron Dirty30
    replied
    Originally posted by Eecen
    Imagine the hooker and blow fueled parties one could throw in these houses.

    Mouth watering.
    lulz. sig worthy.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30vert
    replied
    Recently attended a party at a home that is done in this modern style with my girlfriend. When we were walking out I said, "Damn that sure is a rafter house" She replied, "Whats a rafter house". I told her that its a house that when you leave it you just want to go home and throw a rope over the rafters cause it make one realize that they can work all their lives and never get to own a home like that".


    She promptly told the dentist she was working for who threw the party what I had said. He laughed!

    Leave a comment:


  • markseven
    replied
    The I beam house better not be in CA. An earthquake would...

    Leave a comment:


  • Eecen
    replied
    Imagine the hooker and blow fueled parties one could throw in these houses.

    Mouth watering.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    ^^

    Ummm you would be very surprised, we have lots of multi million dollar homes where I live and many of them are packed fairly close together on little 3-25ac lots in subdivisions but one thing is they are way more my style than others posted around here. Josh we have lots of places like you describe around here too, and rather than 2-4 months is 2-4 weeks. 2 in july august when its summer and 2 around the holidays or prime ski season

    Leave a comment:


  • Victell
    replied
    Watch people swimming above you? Also add glass water slide from 2nd story pool down to the first.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pudmunkie
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    While neat in their own respects.


    SO NOT MY STYLE not even close to anything I would want to call home.


    They all look so cold, and sterile. Look more like doctors offices or Office suites. Nothing homey at all about any of them. The 1st one is ok, but just way too modern with too many goofy angles and too much glass. like you would be living on a stage with everything you do the neighbors would be privy too.
    If you can afford houses built like these, you don't have neighbors close enough / able to see you :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Deltron Dirty30
    replied
    Originally posted by jaywood
    what the waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sailor37
    replied
    I like the first place...but you know what they say

    Mo' money, Mo' problems!

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Something I can tell you about these houses though, they're some of the most MASSIVE wastes of money you will ever see.

    I've been doing home theater and cable installation for about 6 years now, and I have spent considerable amounts of time in houses just like a lot of these. If and when the people that own them are actually living in them (which is on average, about 2-4 months out of the year), they don't even use 75% of it.

    Most of them live in them for about a month or so around major holidays, when they have everyone they know and the entire family over. The rest of the time, they're empty, using countless hundreds of thousands of dollars to heat/cool them, and have them maintained/cleaned by caretakers.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    here we go little bit more home like









    Leave a comment:


  • jaywood
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • jaywood
    replied


    Check out the projector screen on the wall......I want.











    Leave a comment:

Working...