Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
    Interesting one for sale:::

1976 Alfa Romeo Alfetta GT - $4000 (Downingtown)

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6185898053.html
    Did you go look at it? This is reviving my long ago desire for a clean rust-free Alfetta coupe with some suspension mods and a bit more power.

Click image for larger version

Name:	c2f4a241495366de36bff4658007e420--virus-wagon.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	7192254

Name:	GTV.jpg
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	7192255

Name:	$_35.jpg
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	7192256

Name:	9b0b0be63c57327fc5121c969012f971--alpha-dog-alfa-gtv.jpg
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	7192257

Name:	60ef68a8ec0e9f05cb47576265448f68.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	7192258

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
      Did you go look at it? This is reviving my long ago desire for a clean rust-free Alfetta coupe with some suspension mods and a bit more power.

[ATTACH]115310[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]115311[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]115312[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]115313[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]115314[/ATTACH]

No, I didn't check it out. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
      └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

You should just buy it!

Comment

..or this one....

"Hi All,

My 1978 Spider race car is for sale. It has one race on a complete update on body, drive train and engine. I have aged out of the sport. This car has an SVRA annual tech ended June 30, 2017. I ran a 1:51 at Mid Ohio last weekend, with the bus stop and on old tires. I am asking $29K negotiable. Please no low ball offers. See the attached fact sheet. Car is in Dayton OH. Call Bob Colaizzi 937 477 5530.

Bob"

Attached Images

Name:	Spider sales sheet 150.jpg
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	7192259

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
            gtv6 hood+164 24v engine= win, win, win

just sayin'......
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Seems like the fun cars are coming out of the garage this summer. What a sweet shape this one has!

1972 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 - $20000

Selling my '72 Alfa GTV 2000. Owned ElGouda for about 5 years. She spent all this time in Yuma, AZ where it was barely used while I was stationed overseas the past 3 of those years. It shipped from Scottsdale (where Rex from Alfa Sport) worked on her to get her ready on return. I just spent about $4K (2 weeks ago). ElGouda was previously kept in the same family in Thousand Oaks, CA since 1978. The ElGouda name came about from the PO, who inherited the car from a family member who passed away. She passed at a very young age and loved cheese. I kept it for obvious reasons.

It's been a west coast car it's entire life until last Monday. I just drove her nearly 5 hours from Quantico to Philly so yes, the car is is good running condition. 3 years ago I rebuilt the engine, including new clutch, pistons, rotors, plugs, wires, etc...Spent over $10k on the car since I purchase it. She still needs some attention though...the good news it that she doesn't have rust anywhere except for on the backside of the hood. There's also a hole in the passenger side floor board (foot area) where I placed the jack in the wrong spot and it punched through. Easy fix, just know that coming in she is not perfect. If you're good with cars or just learning, this is a good one to learn from because it's very small and doesn't require any electronics to troubleshoot. Has the SPICA, DOHC, disc brakes, 5 speed manual. Extremely rare car. Perhaps 2-5 for sale in the America at any given time and the value's rising fast. Gotta sell her... instead of renting, we decided to buy a house in Manayunk. Odometer didn't work when I purchase her, and still doesn't but it reads about 98k on the 5 digit reading. Could be 98k or 198k, but I bet it's closer to 98k because, well, it's an Alfa. Truly beautiful and rare car, made in Milan, designed by Bertone. Clean AZ title. Front bumper and various items are currently in military storage and will arrive in the next month or so. When they do, they're all yours as well. $20,000.

Car was hit in the back left before I purchased her, so the filling the shops used wasn't set properly causing a few cracks in the paint. This updated posting is more detailed then my "shotgun" post a few days ago. I've received over 30 interests in this car I'd prefer to not contact each one to share this additional information so I'm updating the post.

Current issues, brakes pull a little to the right when used. Typical Alfa pause needed when shifting from 1-2 gear. Reverse works great. Hole in floor board as disproved above.

If you think this is a $40k GTV and I'm the crazy guy selling it for $20k so you can sell her tomorrow for $40k, then please keep looking. This is not that car. This is a $20k Alfa GTV 2000. This car taught me a lot, made me smile, made me curse and then made me smile again. I hope she does the same for you (with less cursing of course).
              R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
              └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Worth it.

Comment

Making headway on my Sprint. The front end is done, Alfaholics racing springs, Konis, and monster Alfaholics front anti sway bar.

Now to pull the old rear end to make way for the new, modified 105 rear end with 4.10 diff and a 54% lockup LSD.

Will
                  '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                  '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                  '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

Damn Will, that looks great. Should be a load of fun when its all done! Any headway with the seating yet?
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                      Making headway on my Sprint. The front end is done, Alfaholics racing springs, Konis, and monster Alfaholics front anti sway bar.

Now to pull the old rear end to make way for the new, modified 105 rear end with 4.10 diff and a 54% lockup LSD.

Will

Completely off topic, but I am incredibly impressed with whoever fabricated and installed that ductwork! Beauty and art!

Whatcha gonna do with all those egg cartons?
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                        Completely off topic, but I am incredibly impressed with whoever fabricated and installed that ductwork! Beauty and art!

Whatcha gonna do with all those egg cartons?
                        hahaha. Not sure who did the duct work, but its at least 20 years old. Its a friends garage, not mine (I wish it were mine) They have chickens so the egg cartons get used for fresh eggs.

Will
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

I dig those finned drums.

Comment

Neat to look at but will those drums be adequate on the track with all of the other performance mods? Or will it not see track use?

IG @turbovarg
                            '91 318is, M20 turbo
                            [CoTM: 4-18]
                            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                            - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                              Neat to look at but will those drums be adequate on the track with all of the other performance mods? Or will it not see track use?
                              It might see track use. It will certainly see spirited driving use. The truthful answer is, I don't know. I've been told by every person who tracks their Sprint that the stock brakes are just fine with modern brake shoe compounds. I'm going to call up Porterfield and KFP to see what they say. As you can see, the drums are massive finned aluminum pieces so They should disappate heat far better than a cast iron drum. I will be using a good DOT 5.1 brake fluid in the car, so that will help.

Will
                              '88 BMW M3

Comment

True. With enough air flow those bits should dissipate heat a lot better than your typical cast iron drum setup. Maybe put a dab of thermal paste between those drums and the wheels just to improve the heat rejection of the whole system ;)

The helical fins really are cooler to look at than a steel disc. I imagine they'd be a total nightmare to remove on a neglected car.
                                Last edited by varg; 07-07-2017, 12:39 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                                [CoTM: 4-18]
                                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                                - updated 3-17

Comment

Working...
                                X