Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ATTACH]86611[/ATTACH]

Comment

Ive seen Per before......on youtube w/ his GTV...

thanks for the share....very cool
      I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

9000 RPM V6. Produces very little torque, but oh does it sound good.

Will
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
          Produces very little torque, but oh does it sound good.
          Nice!

Alfas are (should be) always about the engine..

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Most of that sound is from the Webers.

1971 Montreal V8.. (have to turn the sound up on this one)

8C warm-up..

8C 2300

Decent noises at the Nordschleife..

Comment

On my '69 GTV I had a set of Shankle Quadraflows in place of the original air box for the SPICA throttle bodies. It sounded great, just like carbs but with ITBs. I also had the Alfabb/Magnaflow stainless exhaust on it. I really couldn't complain about the sound. That said the '65 spider the I exercise has a single weber downdraft and the stock exhaust and its so quiet its boring. The wind noise is louder than the engine note.

I'm not sure what direction I'll go with the Sprint when its ready. It will have headers on it, but beyond that, I don't know.

Will
            '88 BMW M3

Comment

just watched The Graduate yesterday (loved it btw)

anyway i didnt even know they made alfa romeo spiders that didnt have that ugly flat rear end. I defintely prefer these boattails over the kamm tails

phucken beautiful.

now if only i could acquire this.

Originally posted by HarryPotter
              not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
              Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

Look at that blind turn at 2:19.

..disregard music choices….sheesh...

Comment

My cars at their new home in Socal. Drove the '69 all the way from Portland to Marin county, and from there later to the San Diego area. Had some oil issues on the 2nd portion when a 10 years old part failed so was limping to the end there, but it is all good now.

The '67 was shipped in a truck to Marin county, the truck had an accident so it had a small body bump that had to be repaired, and if you know these cars, there are almost no shut lines - so the entire car had to be repainted. I drove it from Marin county to the San Diego area - and it did surprisingly well for such a small engined car during a heat wave through I5.

There are a lot of misconceptions about the quality of engineering on these cars, but well sorted ones that are properly cared for - are wonderful cars and can take a beating. I would guess that the old '02 I had in the past was just as much work to care for if not more than these cars.

Past - 1991 318i, 1972 '02

Comment

Picked this guy up last week at the local ADESA auction. 1 owner 0 accident, 94k miles, super clean. Traded in to a local Toyota franchise dealer, no idea why. Very clean underneath, must've been stored winters. Got it for $3k +fees. Put it on my floorplan so I'll have another couple hundred in fees from that.

I love it! What a blast to drive. Something is amiss in the rear suspension, I put it on the lift and everything looks pretty good. I'll check the shocks when I go back Monday perhaps. Need to do the flex disc, and the diff/trans/motor have some oil leaks that will need a few gaskets.

It was originally purchased to flip but I think I may have to keep it. Figure I can get $13k for my e39m5, pay this off, get my 240z together and still have enough left to build an e30!

I hope to upgrade to the early 70's bumpers at some point, and maybe some day sell it in favor of a round tail model.

Just saw the graduate for the first time last month, cool this popped up and ended in my hands one month later.

Originally posted by blunt
                    can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by rloewy View Post
                      My cars at their new home in Socal. Drove the '69 all the way from Portland to Marin county, and from there later to the San Diego area. Had some oil issues on the 2nd portion when a 10 years old part failed so was limping to the end there, but it is all good now.

Great looking cars! Do you go to that alfa dealer/shop? off of convoy and the 56 by any chance? I always see a couple and want to say hello and oggle at classic italian auto candy.

Comment

All of you stop it, before im forced to sell My E30 and get one :(
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

I saw a few cool ALFAs this weekend. Perhaps the coolest being the Autodelta GTA prototype. It was rough and unrestored, but it was all good because someone felt it was important enough to keep around. I have pics, but its going to take me a week or so to get through them all.

Will
                          '88 BMW M3

Comment

damn you guys and this thread! i know this is basically about vintage cars, but i started looking at the new 4c's recently. i am going to test drive one.....very soon!
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                              damn you guys and this thread! i know this is basically about vintage cars, but i started looking at the new 4c's recently. i am going to test drive one.....very soon!
                              Things are starting to happen out there… signs are appearing on dealers..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Small front of FIAT_Alfa Studio.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	7169041

I read that all the 4Cs spotted around the US have Michigan manufacturer's plates on them. The real ones are going to start arriving sometime soon (in the next two years..?). Some of the dealers are being upfront and publishing the mark-up they will require to get an early model…some of them $15,000 (!)

Name:	2015-Alfa-Romeo-4C-Pricing.jpg
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	7169042

A couple showed up in CA at Laguna Seca and Pebble Beach…

Name:	20140815_140328.jpg
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	7169043

I also read a rumor that suppliers have orders for pieces for a new sedan, and that prototype mock-up and testing will begin soon. No one's seen any real sketches yet, I don't think. You'd think there would be some talk about a new RWD platform through the Chrysler grapevine. Who knows - it's constant rumors with Alfa / Fiat.

Comment

I'm hoping Alfa booms and stays here for good. I could use a decently priced new Alfa sedan some day.
                                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X