ID:	9915812

One-piece magnesium casting
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Alfa Tipo33 bare3.jpg
Views:	5277
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	9915813

Comment

Carlo Durante of Tacoma Washington has died.

Brothers Carlo & Lino owned Alfa of Tacoma, which was also a Ferrari service shop. They were characters and totally interesting guys. I only visited a couple of times when I was in Tacoma. I had friends who had their cars serviced there for years. There was a sort of mythical aura surrounding that shop. If you could manage to get a tour of the basement garages, it was a real treat of vintage Ferraris and V12s being rebuilt, and old Alfas - wish I had seen it.

From what I understand, they ran a Ferrari-Alfa service shop down near Lake Washington in Seattle, then the dealership was given to someone else and located up on Capitol Hill. Pete Lovely, the famous racer in Tacoma, helped them set up as the Alfa dealer in Tacoma.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6735...9641991708989/

PROVA Motorsports Godspeed Carlo. I admired you, and aspired to be you. My greatest condolences to those closest to him. You touched a lot of lives Carlo.

Steve Schaeffer And so ends an era that will never be again. The entire PacNW owes so much to Carlo and Lino. They were among the first Alfisti I met upon buying my '67 GTV in 1989. Carlo, your story was one for the ages.

Matthew Martin Lino and Carlo were central to my love affair with Alfa Romeo...Carlo brought Italia to my various Alfas - including my first - a 79’ Alfetta GT - tuned it better than ever with those Euro cams. I hung out at Alfa of Tacoma for an hour or more every time I went even if I was just buying one caliper rebuild kit. When I bought Ralli-Round, I relied upon Carlo - it was never competition- we were like family in our love of these mechanical art pieces...I miss you Carlo...I always loved hearing an engine in full song roaring away as you dialed it in...

Gary Reed Carlo was a dear friend and neighbor for 23 years. He loved working on cars from the time he was 13 years old in Italy, until just a few weeks ago. Rest in Peace, Carlo. We love you.
      Last edited by LateFan; 04-12-2020, 01:54 PM.

Comment

LateFan Glad to see progress!
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Giulia 1300 makes good noises.....

Kermit driving video. 1971 Alfa Romeo Giulia 1300 Super Bringatrailer auction.

Comment

'57 Sprint

Name:	IMG_3118.jpg
Views:	759
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	9924814

Name:	IMG_3119.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	9924815

Name:	IMG_3121.jpg
Views:	750
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	9924816

Name:	IMG_4306.jpg
Views:	721
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	9924817

Name:	IMG_4410.jpg
Views:	732
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	9924818

Comment

Was temporarily gifted this 1974 Alfa Romeo S2 Iniezione for the summer by a good friend. I'll be doing a bit of work to it to bring it closer to his desired level of completeness, while enjoying it during the process!

Took it on a ~70 mile drive yesterday down the switchbacks to Sedona on the 89A. Splendid little machine with the top down, especially on a partly cloudy day.

While it is remarkably slow, it is very reliable and drivable, despite being 46 years old. Most definitely a head turner as well.

Alfa Romeo - 5-12-20 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Alfa Romeo - 5-12-20 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

I have been reading alfabb.com to learn as much about the car as possible before I start getting into it. First order of business is the fuel vapor system check/cleaning in an attempt to remove the frequent smell of gasoline while driving.
              My previous build (currently E30-less)
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Nice looking spider. Is it still running the SPICA system or did someone convert it to carbs? Great color. Anything but red on an Alfa is always a treat.
                1985 325e -> M60 swap project
                1983 GTV6
                1974 X1/9

Comment

Originally posted by Italian_Tuneup View Post
                  Nice looking spider. Is it still running the SPICA system or did someone convert it to carbs? Great color. Anything but red on an Alfa is always a treat.
                  Thanks. It is not. It was swapped to Weber carbs by someone.

Found out why it may be much slower than it should be with its "125 hp" 2L. An aftermarket electronic fuel pump was added, and one of the feed lines is severely kinked, probably starving the engine of fuel in high revs.

Comment

Hey MR E30!

I posted on your thread on AlfaBB. You're making quick progress!

Comment

Friday pics....

I want to do the red crinkle on the cam cover.

Name:	Alfa testa rosa.jpeg
Views:	740
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	9925895

I got some fun in a box from the UK....

Name:	Classic Alfa.JPG
Views:	723
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	9925896

Name:	IMG_5613.JPG
Views:	775
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	9925897

My original bump stop on the left, the new style on the right. And the rubber in mine is still soft. I may just send them back.

Name:	IMG_5614.JPG
Views:	724
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	9925898

Hows this for a funky drop link / end link? The post-'67 ones don't look anything like this. Cleaning them all up and painting. Not doing too well with the sockets and ball peen method to push small bushings in.

Name:	IMG_5615.JPG
Views:	746
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	9925899

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

Thanks. It is not. It was swapped to Weber carbs by someone.

Found out why it may be much slower than it should be with its "125 hp" 2L. An aftermarket electronic fuel pump was added, and one of the feed lines is severely kinked, probably starving the engine of fuel in high revs.
                        125hp might be a bit much unless its running a hotter cam or higher compression pistons. I want to say a stock mid 70s 2L is about 100-105? I might be confusing that with Fiat Twin Cam numbers though.
                        1985 325e -> M60 swap project
                        1983 GTV6
                        1974 X1/9

Comment

I think they peaked in '73 with around 130-135 hp stock. After that they got leaned out and air pumps and whatever for emissions and they went downhill until the Bosch era.

Comment

Originally posted by Italian_Tuneup View Post

125hp might be a bit much unless its running a hotter cam or higher compression pistons. I want to say a stock mid 70s 2L is about 100-105? I might be confusing that with Fiat Twin Cam numbers though.
                            Not that I am aware. I'm too new to the game to be sure, so I am simply regurgitating things I have heard from two other Alfa owners.

Latefan, thanks for the support!

Comment

I don't have an e30, or BMW for that matter, but I did recently acquire a '17 Guilia TI Sport. Muffler delete, BMS intake coming, and a tune.

2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

those cars are really beautiful. i saw a red one on the road the other day with the little cloverleaf on the fender.
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                                X