Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

about to get hired at the local vw/scoobie dealer as a chauffeur/car washer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
    I'm sure I could give you a free wash once I'm decently established, my sisters friend who works there does it for her haha, and I don't know anything about benefits yet, it's hanlees vw/subbie on soscol across the street from napa bowling alley
    Nice, idk where that is but congrats haha. And reason I ask is because my buddy works at the vdub in fairfield and sometimes hes my go-to guy if I need parts since he gets parts for cost + 10%.. I believe he's in the parts department, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Comment

It probably does but I wouldn't put my money on it, it's about 1 mile further into town than the college. Same road.

Comment

Yesterday was my 1 year in the service dept. at an Audi dealer. Based on what i've seen and heard from my managers and porters (i'm actually in charge of the porters here), pay attention to these:

- SHOW UP ON TIME OR EARLY

- RESPECT.RESPECT.RESPECT. - CARS AND CUSTOMERS

- When you leave a customers car, please turn down the radio from your blasting hip hop station

- If you move the seats, try to put them back. I'm a big guy so i tell people i've had to move their seat and they're always ok with it when i've told them

- Do your job then come right back - Don't be the guy who isn't around when he's needed because he's taking 25 mins to come back from a shuttle that should have been 10

- Don't distract the techs

- Work hard and show it - I spoke to my manager about this

I'll add more as i think of them/see them

Good luck! Overall, you'll have fun and its a great starting point for the industry. If you work hard, your advancement could look like Porter -> Service Advisor -> Service Manager etc or branch out into lot management. Its a good job to see how everything works.

Feel free to PM with any q's
        Last edited by tifosichris; 02-15-2012, 09:47 AM.

Auto Technic J-Stock Suspension Kit, Bilstein Shocks and Struts, ST Sway Bars, Front Camber Plates, Offset Euro Upper Strut Mounts, Chassis Reinforced, Aluminum Rear Shock Mounts, Offset control Arm bushings, Custom Control Arms, Custom Springs, Conforti Chip, UUC Ultimate Shift Kit, Kosei K1s, Sabelt 5 Point Race Belts

Comment

Originally posted by tifosichris View Post
          Yesterday was my 1 year in the service dept. at an Audi dealer. Based on what i've seen and heard from my managers and porters (i'm actually in charge of the porters here), pay attention to these:

- SHOW UP ON TIME OR EARLY

- RESPECT.RESPECT.RESPECT. - CARS AND CUSTOMERS

- When you leave a customers car, please turn down the radio from your blasting hip hop station

- If you move the seats, try to put them back. I'm a big guy so i tell people i've had to move their seat and they're always ok with it when i've told them

- Do your job then come right back - Don't be the guy who isn't around when he's needed because he's taking 25 mins to come back from a shuttle that should have been 10

- Don't distract the techs

I'll add more as i think of them/see them

Good luck! Overall, you'll have fun and its a great starting point for the industry. If you work hard, your advancement could look like Porter -> Service Advisor -> Service Manager etc or branch out into lot management. Its a good job to see how everything works.

Feel free to PM with any q's
          you're a big guy, but u have a mini in your pic lolzz

Comment

I meant big as in tall. I'm 6'2 and we get these little old ladys in their Q5's with their seats basically up against the steering wheel. I can't even get my legs in. Everytime i see it i just have nightmares of these people getting completely owned when the airbag goes off an inch from their chest

The mini is surprisingly roomy (in the front at least...)

Auto Technic J-Stock Suspension Kit, Bilstein Shocks and Struts, ST Sway Bars, Front Camber Plates, Offset Euro Upper Strut Mounts, Chassis Reinforced, Aluminum Rear Shock Mounts, Offset control Arm bushings, Custom Control Arms, Custom Springs, Conforti Chip, UUC Ultimate Shift Kit, Kosei K1s, Sabelt 5 Point Race Belts

Comment

Joyride or dorifto the cars and post video of it on Youtube~
              Originally posted by blunttech
              Always Always go for the reach around if there is an option

Comment

Refer to this, do it to management, climb ladder?
                Yours truly,
                Rich
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Rigmaster
                you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by giantkeeper View Post
                  Joyride or dorifto the cars and post video of it on Youtube~
                  Our deductible is $50,000. I don't fuck around in the cars and anyone who does is extremely dumb

Comment

Originally posted by tifosichris View Post
                    Our deductible is $50,000. I don't fuck around in the cars and anyone who does is extremely dumb
                    itsajokebro.
                    1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

I know. I always laugh though when i see these people online bragging or posting vids in customer cars like that 1M vid recently. Like, do they think people won't find out?

Comment

so i got the job for sure!
                        pee tested today, hope all my friends smoking around me didn't effect my piss.....
                        or ill piss all over them.
                        first shift is saturday at 9am.
                        plan on getting coffee and being there by 8:40,
                        with Altoids :)
                        and probably wearing some khaki's and a polo.

Comment

The job will be fine. My friend started off as the same thing and has worked his way up to manager of dealer-trades and some-other-stuff.

It seems like it's quite decent money eventually and isn't very stressful.

Comment

wow really?
                            that sounds amazing.

Comment

Yep. Definately possible. And yes, the money once you start making your way up is decent

Comment

Spence the posibilities and oppurtunities are endless. Either move up at the vw/subie dealership or gain a reputable workmanship and move to a different dealership i.e. BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, etc and try moving up there. As long as you have the drive to do so you have a problem.
                                SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                                IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                                BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Working...
                                X