Any Vegans on the board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Vegans on the board?

After making the transition to the different diet, my GF an dI have noticed a few things:

1/ More energy! I dont' have to sleep as much at night to get that "well rested" feeling.

2/ Pooping crazy amounts! and crapping is less dramatic. No more feeling like I'm passing a boulder outta my ass and no more feel like I wanna take a nap after said poop.

3/ Far cheaper of a diet since you're not eating anything from the animal, nor the animal itself.

4/ Recovery time after work-outs is decreased. I dont' feel as "spent" after a workout and I don't feel the need for coffee (or energy drinks or pop, not that I ever drank any of that stuff anyway) anymore.

5/ My speaking voice is clearer and no more phlegm in my throat like I used to when I was consuming dairy products like cheese, milk or yogurt.

6/ Sex drive and stamina has increased. I can blow a load and not feel like I gotta take a nap anymore. Really helps me be more productive!

anyone else a vegan? any other benefits you've noticed?
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

I think a lot of those benefits are from the increase in fiber you're taking in.
    sigpic
    -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

It sounds like you were just unhealthy before the switch.

Comment

Definitely your pre-vegan diet.

Veganism is actually pretty harmful to you if you arent doing it right.

Organic consumerism is more healthy however.

There is a reason humans eat animals and have been for hundreds of thousands of years.

Comment

Fiber is really under appreciated as a nutrient. It helps more than your digestive tract--it improves nutrient absorption and lowers GI levels. It's a natural antidote to sugar.

A lot of people get health benefits from switching to this kind of diet, and they're not imaginary. I think a lot of it has to do with the boost in fiber and cutting out the bad things. It's also a good thing to do a ctrl-alt-del on the digestive tract every so often. I did a pesudo-fast / flush about two years ago and felt sooo much better afterwards.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BillBrasky View Post
            It sounds like you were just unhealthy before the switch.

+100 you need meat protein, it's how our species developed.
            Valley Motorwerks
            1988 E30M3

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
              I can blow a load and not feel like I gotta take a nap anymore. Really helps me be more productive!

How do ya get to sleep then??
              -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

If you have Netflix watch documentary called 'Forks over knives'.

My girlfriend and I are gonna try out vegetarianism and see how it works. But, my how I love to consume the flesh of lesser organisms.

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

sounds like your diet before wasn't the greatest, and you need meat protien. it has vitamins and nutrients in it that other protiens don't offer. we have the teeth we have for a reason. The building blocks of the human body is protien, just saying. Also one thing to think of is yes your saving money on certain foods but then your spending it on vitamins to replace what your not getting so it probably equals out.\
                  working out and eating healthy is the best diet, don't know why nobody ever gets it. It's a lifestyle it's not a quick patch to see results. My fat friend quit his diet after a week because he didn't see results, I'm like guy it takes more than 6 months to see a drastic change. Everyone wants everything instant it's ridiculous.
                  "I wanna see da boat movie"
                  "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Laughing at the comments. My wife and I have been vegan for 20 years. My wife has her degree in health and nutrition. I wont debate this on a forum, but I just wanted to say that ill informed people with opinions make me laugh. Knowing almost nothing on a subject never seems to stop people from giving their two cents. Keep up the "people need to eat meat crap" cause its making my day.

btw...we have three kids (18, 17, 13) all of whom are very healthy.

Comment

I'm vegetarian, not full vegan, and I definitely notice a change in my energy, mood, and overall body feeling when I consume less carbs and less animal protein (such as yogurt, eggs, cheese). I do indulge in those often, cause I like the variety, but I could honestly live without it.

Pros: cheaper, healthier, less energy intensive in production, less moral weight.

Cons: none i can really think of

And to the pro-meat crowd.. protein is protein. It matters not where you get it from.

Comment

Originally posted by evandael View Post
                        I'm vegetarian, not full vegan, and I definitely notice a change in my energy, mood, and overall body feeling when I consume less carbs and less animal protein (such as yogurt, eggs, cheese). I do indulge in those often, cause I like the variety, but I could honestly live without it.

Pros: cheaper, healthier, less energy intensive in production, less moral weight.

And to the pro-meat crowd.. protein is protein. It matters not where you get it from.
                        That's not true at all. You have no idea what you're talking about.

In short, proteins are made of amino acids. There are many different types of amino acids, some of which your body can make on its own and some that can only be had from food.
                        The protein in different kinds of food are made of different concentrations of amino acids. For example, chicken might have a high concentration of one kind of amino acid and cheese might have a lower concentration of that amino acid.
                        It's best to have a varied diet (which contains several different sources of protein) to get all the amino acids your body needs.
                        Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

I don't know what I'm talking about just my sister is nutritionist LOL. If you want to be a vegan that's fine to be physically weak if that's your thing just don't get mad when you can't defend yourself or fall down and break your hip.
                          "I wanna see da boat movie"
                          "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by evandael View Post

Haha, wow.

Comment

Protein isn't protein. Your muscles aren't just bags of protein grams. It's a complex structure of amino acids. Vegetarians generally see a nice boost by supplementing creatine, which is found the most in red meat.

And fyi, I'm not laughing at anybody, I'm having an adult discussion and being respectful of others opinions. If you chose to laugh and point fingers without adding anything, that's your choice.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X