OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
    orrr.....get a big putty knife, scrape off all the unreliable bits...and reassemble with reliable bits.

It's funny how much those look like an old 110 / Defender...which is essentially what they were.
    ^_^

This is the RRC I had the M52 in. It's getting something more special now.

...and it is kinda funny how similar those are to 110/Defenders....and Series 3 109s....isn't it....
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
      IDK what do now.
      Buy a Toyota

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

oh. oh. ow.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
          Buy a Toyota
          Who allowed you in here pal?

This place has gone to shit since I got into e90s.
          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I don't know how I've missed this thread but it's good to see some other suckers who love Land Rovers as well. I've had 3 RRCs, 1 D1, 2 D2s, and now an S/C L322.

Comment

Wanting to get a P38 of some nature to drive from the PNW to Nevada. How stupid is this lmao.
              -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
              -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

^_^

This is the RRC I had the M52 in. It's getting something more special now.

...and it is kinda funny how similar those are to 110/Defenders....and Series 3 109s....isn't it....
                A few from a day or so after the storm...

Tire tracks there are from the D2 driving through the full like 30"
                It's been converted to spring-over-axle. Apparently at some point it had a 4BT in it. The steering arm is all jacked up because of the angle.

I was just after the body. Going to need some repairs, but it's going onto the RRC LWB frame eventually.

I donno what powerplant to pop in it. I want to do BMW, since the 4hp in the RRC has a M20 bellhousing on it from when the RRC was M52'd. Really wanna to M30B35....think it's a fitting engine for a Series truck....if it'll fit in the bay. I don't wanna move the grille up flush with the fenders....but may have to.

Oh, Boy !!
                Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesset View Post
                  How stupid is this?
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQKbwGsExUk

Comment

Originally posted by Nesset View Post
                    Wanting to get a P38 of some nature to drive from the PNW to Nevada. How stupid is this lmao.
                    I bought my '02 in Denver and drove it 1400 miles back to Cleveland, back in July. Yeah they get a bad rap, but mine's been pretty damn awesome so far. I believe the 'fire' issues are mainly with the older model P38s w/ the Lucas EFI. Something about rubber fuel lines being run too close to the hot exhaust manifolds. I believe the later Bosch injected models remedied this with a different design. At any rate... it does crave more attention than the e30 or e34 but I love driving it!

Here's the beast on a camping trip from a few weeks ago

-Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
                    '95 525iT
                    '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
                    '98 Disco 1

Comment

^^ Decent! Looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSpeed66 View Post
                        I bought my '02 in Denver and drove it 1400 miles back to Cleveland, back in July. Yeah they get a bad rap, but mine's been pretty damn awesome so far. I believe the 'fire' issues are mainly with the older model P38s w/ the Lucas EFI. Something about rubber fuel lines being run too close to the hot exhaust manifolds. I believe the later Bosch injected models remedied this with a different design. At any rate... it does crave more attention than the e30 or e34 but I love driving it!

Here's the beast on a camping trip from a few weeks ago

Really does look great. I hear very mixed things, but I keep hearing they're better than most people give them credit for. Never actually been in one sadly. They seem pretty lux'.
                        -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                        -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

I don't have any experience with Rovers of any kind, however I've always thought the Disco was a great looking truck. I'm also thinking of getting a more off-road/winter capable vehicle for camping in the summer and snowboarding in the winter.

This truck is local to me and I think I'm going to go check it out. Thoughts?

I know that it's priced high compared to other Discos local to me, however the upgrades might make it worthwhile. I spoke to the owner yesterday and he seems to be an enthusiast, said he's selling to buy a Defender 110, he's got a Disco 1 as well as a collection of 10 other exotics/classics.

Biggest thing is maintenance, he does have some records and the head gaskets were done under his ownership, which is one of the weak points that I've become aware of.

So all opinions welcome.

Comment

was looking at jeep xj's for a bit but my best friend has an RRC and is pulling me over to the dark side. Been looking at discos and classics. If anyone who has experience with both can compare the two I'm super curious. This would be a parts hauler/camping rig/probably daily driver when I'm working on the e30.
                            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Save your self the headaches and get a toyota. I was in the same thought process a number of years ago. I went with an fzj80
                              Last edited by mrsleeve; 11-15-2017, 09:03 PM.
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

What fun would that be...life isn't interesting without british reliability

Comment

Working...
                                X