X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Which years are the ND?
    2016+

For 2019 they added nearly 30hp, a higher redline, and more torque in the middle. And they weigh PRETTY close to what the original 90-93s did.

Since the winter weather watch was canceled, I think I'm going to go to the dealer and see what they can do for trade on the 135i and order a 19.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Oh wow, they have 180hp now? Now we're talkin! AFAIK, they weight around 2400lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
        For 2019 they added nearly 30hp, a higher redline, and more torque in the middle. And they weigh PRETTY close to what the original 90-93s did.
        These things are all true and valuable and encouraging....but that pinched, squished, creased, forced, odd shape I just. don't. like.

JMO, as always.

The original was obviously too "cute," a round blob, a lozenge, which is the source of all the crap I assume. I think the NC can be made to look pretty good with enough wheel / moar low / moar powr!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Miata MX5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	7198452

Click image for larger version

Name:	MX5 grey RR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	7198453

Comment

I still think a MR2 spyder with a 2ZZ swapped in is better... Cant shake that idea.

The Poor Mans Elise
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            I still think a MR2 spyder with a 2ZZ swapped in is better... Cant shake that idea.

The Poor Mans Elise
            This guy I knew had a 300bhp mr2; said it was the scariest car he's ever driven due to the lift off oversteer

I do love the NC body, when done up as Latefan pointed out. Now that I think about it, I rarely see miatas anymore around here in SoCal..
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I think the NDs look awesome. Especially when lowered over some big meats.

MR2 Spyder doesn't do anything for me looks wise.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Anyone prefer the fiata version
                Originally posted by codyep3
                I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                2010 F650gs twin
                2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
                  I think it looks okay; better than the miata though

I like the sound it makes more than anything, but the power output is pretty sad for it being a turbo car.. then again it is a SOHC 1.4 IIRC

If you're in it for performance, you'd be a fool to get the fiat that makes 20 less hp now than the NA miata
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I don't like the Fiat, or the hard top Miata, but the standard ND looks really good IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
                      No, the proportions seem off. But I haven't seen one in person.

Apparently, the engine is terrible. Tiny turbo, with horrible lag and response that makes crummy power.

Like so bad, Flyin' Miata didn't even bother trying to develop mods for the turbo engine after testing wasn't doing much.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Like so bad, Flyin' Miata didn't even bother trying to develop mods for the turbo engine after testing wasn't doing much.
                        Wow..bummer. I don’t like that farty rally car sound anyway. They really should have put the 1750T in it from the Alfa 4C. Or...y’know...a Ford..
                        I like the looks of the 124, looks more like a classic sports car with some overhang and horizontal lines - but I haven’t seen one live either. And I had two real 124s back in the day so I lean towards old skool Italian.

Comment

I guess I have a soft spot for the fiat cuz I got a 124

I bet mine would keep up with a new one lol

Comment

Hey hey! I had a ‘70 and a ‘71, both with the 1608 and a single Weber. But they were both pretty ratty.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                              This guy I knew had a 300bhp mr2; said it was the scariest car he's ever driven due to the lift off oversteer

I do love the NC body, when done up as Latefan pointed out. Now that I think about it, I rarely see miatas anymore around here in SoCal..
                              I love lightweight cars, and its mid engine too, and with the 2ZZ motor (Celica GTS) the goal would be 200whp pushing that 2200# car... also not as much of a racecar like an Elise is, also nowhere near as good looking.

I see Miatas all over the place

I think the NDs look awesome. Especially when lowered over some big meats.

MR2 Spyder doesn't do anything for me looks wise.
                              Yea the Mr2 isnt much of a looker... I really think Im turning a blind eye to it because I can get MR2MAN as a custom plate... is there really any other reason I need to get one?
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                              X