Post pictures of your most recent purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not at the moment.

College buddies who went on the adventures with me all moved away. I sold my hard tail and then my downhill shortly after. No friends to go with = not nearly as fun of a time. Was time to move on.

We did end the biking spree with a week long trip to Whistler Canada, where we went to the mecca of all downhill mountain biking. Was a blast. Almost died too many times, but fun nonetheless.
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
      Nice, I was always a fan of hardrocks. You get a lot of bike for the money.
      I'm pretty excited, it's my first "real" mountain bike :)

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
      ^^ I had one of those, 29'er style.

I took it downhilling once while my downhill was out of commission. Brakes didn't like it, neither did my legs/butt, but the bike came through unscathed.

Enjoy yourself!
      I don't foresee doing anything too extreme as I need to do my best to avoid ending up on the injured reserve at work, but it should suffice!
      2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
          How much, and what's the zooommmmmmmmm?
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
            That's pretty extreme just to find the orange peel on the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
              How much, and what's the zooommmmmmmmm?
              Originally posted by uturn View Post
              That's pretty extreme just to find the orange peel on the paint.

haha.

When we had the super moon, I took out our antique optical level and pointed it up. The kids enjoyed it so much, I got this for the lot of them for Christmas. It's a 4.5" Newtonian spherical optics telescope. 300x with the lenses included, up to 500x using add on kits. Comes with an equatorial mount with fine manual adjustment to track planets (mechanical optional) and optional camera t-mount. Normally $200-ish, picked it up $115 on sale.

EDIT: I have seen pics of the Crab Nebula, Andromeda, even Neptune with this thing. Hoping the kids will catch on and we can drop some coin on a 10" Dobsonian. The type of scope I got them used to be as much as the 10" are now a days ($500 for s decent budget 10").
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:

Comment

^
                with the correct adapters, and some decent photo software and relatively inexpensive tracking base you can get some really nice photo stacks.....
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  ^
                  with the correct adapters, and some decent photo software and relatively inexpensive tracking base you can get some really nice photo stacks.....
                  Comes with a manual tracking tripod (equatorial), with motors optional (cheap too, like $38). I chose this one because of the price vs available add on features. Read tons of reviews for scopes, looked at pic quality etc. Pretty stoked to get that first 30min exposure, for sure though.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:

Comment

I got my first telescope when I was like 10. It was all my birthday money and my Christmas money combined. Only a little 50 (with a 2x doubler that sucked) and I spent weeks looking at the moon's surface. Getting kids looking at the stars at a young age I think is important as math, or reading.
                    Originally posted by Matt-B
                    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Post pictures of your most recent purchase

Purchased a little more than $500 of wood to finish my attic....at least that was the first Home Depot trip.

Before:

Note the floor sloping down -- the total drop was about 2” from the top of the stairs to the window.

During:

New sub-floor framing sister’d to the existing. Trusses raised to 7’. Did some more work last night, hoping to have the subfloor down by Friday (working solo after work every night).

Edit: got the first sheet of sub-floor laid tonight (glued and nailed). Finally have a nice spot to work on up there.

Plan is to make i‎t an office/guest room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Joe G; 12-13-2017, 09:59 PM.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                      Sounds like you need a massage.
                      Originally posted by kpeng
                      Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Nice work!
                        My previous build (currently E30-less)
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

That's an old house. I would guess 40's? There is definitely a lot of space up there for you to reclaim.

I hope you saved all those pine 1x12s. I would use them the re shelve every closet in the house. Everything left over would be put to making shelves in the garage.
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                            That's an old house. I would guess 40's? There is definitely a lot of space up there for you to reclaim.

I hope you saved all those pine 1x12s. I would use them the re shelve every closet in the house. Everything left over would be put to making shelves in the garage.
                            Maybe use them as your baseboards in the attic space, saves $, you won't have to move the wood downstairs, and you'll keep some of the rustic look.

Comment

I'd guess it's from the 20s.

I'd plane the old boards smooth and put em back down as flooring. Pine makes for beautiful floors.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                                I'd guess it's from the 20s.

I'd plane the old boards smooth and put em back down as flooring. Pine makes for beautiful floors.

Thanks guys.

The house was completed in 1919. We found these in the attic when we took up the floors. (Warning racist content - “yell #2”)

Regarding the pine planks, we kept all that we could salvage, same goes for the old 2x4s. Not sure what I’ll use them for yet.

Made a little more progress today. My goal is to have the floor completely down by the end of this week.

Only the two sheets agains the east (window) wall are glued and nailed. It’s amazing to have ~50sqft to stand and work on.

More to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                                Sounds like you need a massage.
                                Originally posted by kpeng
                                Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Working...
                                X