Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
    Time to restock the coffee shelf...
    How is their coffee? The reviews range from best shit ever to over hyped/over marketed swill. Personal taste is a big part of it obviously. I have the benefit of having an in house roaster here that produces a mighty fine bean, so I don't usually try other stuff. If nothing else I like their company.

Also, do yourself a favor and get yourself a grinder. Buying it whole roasted and grinding it yourself makes a big difference. I never considered myself a coffee snob, in fact I don't really know shit about coffee, but grinding your own produces a noticeable difference. I haven't gone down the rabbit hole that is extreme hipster brewing methods, but a french press and a decent grinder were some of the best investments I've made for brewing good coffee.
    Follow us on Facebook and Instagram

On qualified parts... email me at dealindave@blunttech.com

Comment

Originally posted by DealinDave@Blunttech.com View Post
      How is their coffee? The reviews range from best shit ever to over hyped/over marketed swill. Personal taste is a big part of it obviously. I have the benefit of having an in house roaster here that produces a mighty fine bean, so I don't usually try other stuff. If nothing else I like their company.

Also, do yourself a favor and get yourself a grinder. Buying it whole roasted and grinding it yourself makes a big difference. I never considered myself a coffee snob, in fact I don't really know shit about coffee, but grinding your own produces a noticeable difference. I haven't gone down the rabbit hole that is extreme hipster brewing methods, but a french press and a decent grinder were some of the best investments I've made for brewing good coffee.
      It's kind of hit or miss. I absolutely love their Thin Blue Line edition coffee, and Silencer Smooth was very good as well. It wouldn't be a stretch to say I thought their Freedom Blend was terrible, and one other I tried was "meh" at best.
      As a bonus, being that I'm an LEO myself, I like to support their company for giving back to the LEO community (all proceeds from the Thin Blue Line coffee goes to families of law enforcement that have lost their loved ones in the line of duty).

Is it that much better to grind your own? I've avoided it up until now because of my stupid working hours, didn't want to be grinding coffee at 10pm or 5am depending on my shift.
      2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

I have a small single pot grinder that I use, takes 10 seconds and makes a big difference IMO.

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
        HSAX Instructor

Comment

It's kind of hit or miss. I absolutely love their Thin Blue Line edition coffee, and Silencer Smooth was very good as well. It wouldn't be a stretch to say I thought their Freedom Blend was terrible, and one other I tried was "meh" at best.
          As a bonus, being that I'm an LEO myself, I like to support their company for giving back to the LEO community (all proceeds from the Thin Blue Line coffee goes to families of law enforcement that have lost their loved ones in the line of duty).

Is it that much better to grind your own? I've avoided it up until now because of my stupid working hours, didn't want to be grinding coffee at 10pm or 5am depending on my shift.
          Well I'm glad BRCC is not all just hype then. I mean there is a lot of personal preference involved, but the reviews are kind of polarizing. I'm all about their campaign to employ veterans and giving back to LE families.

As for grinding vs buying ground I would definitely say it's a noticeable difference. I'm not sure what your brew method is, but I pretty much make everything with a french press. There is a lot of fucking around that can change the final product, but once you have the process dialed in, you can get some really awesome results in less than 10 minutes start to finish. In the summer I make a lot of cold brew and can make a week's worth of concentrate with about 15 minutes of work. The plus with that is if you want hot coffee, you can just add boiling water to it and you have an awesome lower acidity coffee.

If you can spring for it, get a decent electric burr grinder and don't waste your time with manual hand grinders. I think they're great for travel/camping/etc, but they take a comically long time to grind enough bean to make a single cup of coffee. 2 minutes cranking it versus a few seconds pushing a button is worth the price difference. Then you have more time in the morning to crank it, or whatever.

Comment

Well I'm glad BRCC is not all just hype then. I mean there is a lot of personal preference involved, but the reviews are kind of polarizing. I'm all about their campaign to employ veterans and giving back to LE families.

As for grinding vs buying ground I would definitely say it's a noticeable difference. I'm not sure what your brew method is, but I pretty much make everything with a french press. There is a lot of fucking around that can change the final product, but once you have the process dialed in, you can get some really awesome results in less than 10 minutes start to finish. In the summer I make a lot of cold brew and can make a week's worth of concentrate with about 15 minutes of work. The plus with that is if you want hot coffee, you can just add boiling water to it and you have an awesome lower acidity coffee.

If you can spring for it, get a decent electric burr grinder and don't waste your time with manual hand grinders. I think they're great for travel/camping/etc, but they take a comically long time to grind enough bean to make a single cup of coffee. 2 minutes cranking it versus a few seconds pushing a button is worth the price difference. Then you have more time in the morning to crank it, or whatever.
            Good to know, I think I'll give grinding my own beans a try! I just bought a brand new coffee pot, I usually brew them consume 8-10 cups throughout the morning.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Good to know, I think I'll give grinding my own beans a try! I just bought a brand new coffee pot, I usually brew them consume 8-10 cups throughout the morning.

Damn you get after it. I will usually have 1 or 2 cups a day. You probably have that before you go out to your car in the morning lol.

This is the grinder I have. It's pretty much entry level electric burr grinder, but it does the job and has worked great for me for the last 4 months. Mine was under $90 from Amazon, so I think if you shop around you can get them for less.

Comment

Damn you get after it. I will usually have 1 or 2 cups a day. You probably have that before you go out to your car in the morning lol.

This is the grinder I have. It's pretty much entry level electric burr grinder, but it does the job and has worked great for me for the last 4 months. Mine was under $90 from Amazon, so I think if you shop around you can get them for less.
                https://www.amazon.com/Capresso-560-...0000AR7SY?th=1
                That's usually over the course of an 1-1.5hrs or so, then I take my travel mug to work. I've been trying to cut back, I get headaches if I don't get at least 3-4 cups shortly after walking up :/

That's not too bad, I may pick that up..

Comment

When we aren't using our Gaggia espresso machine with its built in grinder, we use the one that Dealin Dave posted about.

We used that model quite often when we had our coffee shop downtown. It held up to the test of time very well.

Would highly recommend, almost require really, that you grind your own beans.
                  My previous build (currently E30-less)
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I make Cuban style coffee and use a Bialitti pot. Bought beans but the local stores all have horrible grinders (needs to be super fine) so just been purchasing Cafe Bustello. You'll have piqued my interest again.
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:
                    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Since I had to rent one this weekend. Went ahead and just purchased it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EREKSHUN View Post
                        Since I had to rent one this weekend. Went ahead and just purchased it.

I have one of these as well.

Well worth the money. Very useful and saves so much time.

Comment

Post pictures of your most recent purchase

Donor car for swapping the motor into my e30!

1996 328i. Has a leaky radiator and a dead battery as well as a bonus feature of a squirrel nest under the hood. Opened it up and acorns poured out of the insulation for about a solid 7 seconds lol. I was the last one to drive it 6 months ago and it belongs to a friends roommate. Will be hopefully driving to it’s new home/final resting place this weekend to yank the engine out for a general refresh and new clutch before putting it into my e30

1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                            I make Cuban style coffee and use a Bialitti pot. Bought beans but the local stores all have horrible grinders (needs to be super fine) so just been purchasing Cafe Bustello. You'll have piqued my interest again.
                            That shit will kick start your heart and rot your teeth, but it's so damn good. Our buddy in San Jose owns a Cuban restaurant and I got my first Cuban coffee experience when we went out there a couple years ago. They made an insanely good coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                              I have one of these as well.

Well worth the money. Very useful and saves so much time.
                              Where can you get a good quality one at a decent price? I've heard complaints that the cheaper ones are made out of cheese and the jaws spread with little force.

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              [CoTM: 4-18]
                              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                              - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                                Where can you get a good quality one at a decent price? I've heard complaints that the cheaper ones are made out of cheese and the jaws spread with little force.
                                Let me look at my receipt this week. The first fan I pulled with it was stubborn as hell, and there was no deformation of the tools.

Comment

Working...
                                X