No announcement yet.

One step closer (building a garage)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pm me if you want me to review the plans. I'm a structural engineer.
    sigpic

Comment

I got my variance approval number in the mail on friday. Going to the county building on tuesday for the permit. I've got a tree guy coming in to remove a couple trees and the guy doing the site work (grading) will be starting as soon as the trees are down. I'll try to post some pics soon.
      sigpic

Comment

good shit. I'm finishing off my garage as we speak
        "I wanna see da boat movie"
        "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

We've been doing a bunch of land clearing. I had to take down about six trees to make room for the garage and the driveway. My brother and i have spent the last three weekends removing trees and brush, and we have had a massive bonfire going every weekend. The guy doing the grade works will be dropping of equipment tonight and grading this weekend. I should be ready for the builder by next weekend. Theres a lot of work that has been done you cant see in the pic.
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

Here's a couple more pics of us clearing the trees and the brush from the side of my yard where the garage is going. We used my fathers mini excavator to do a lot of the work. I'm hoping the rain holds off long enough to get the rest done this weekend. If all goes well this weekend i'll have the material for the building dropped off next week, and the builder will be in shortly after that.
            Attached Files
            sigpic

Comment

Site is ready for the building. Stone is being delivered for a temporary driveway for the construction workers. Building materials should be dropped by the end of the week. Hopefully construction will start by next monday.
              sigpic

Comment

Sweeet, keep posting pics/details, can't wait to see how it turns out.

Comment

sounds really cool. going on Thursday to finish up the Bank stuff on my new man cave.

35X45 is what I am going for. Going to be a steel construction with sandwich insulation panels for sides and roof. plan has been approved for a few weeks now, just been going back and forth if I want to start this late in the year, gets pretty cold over here in Jan.

What are you building with? wood? What is the thickness of the concrete of the flooring are you going with? I will be doing an 8 inch floor over the complete structure so later I can install as many lifts as needed/wanted.

Comment

It's metal walls and roof (pole building). Insulated on the inside of the panels and the roof. This will control condensation. The ceiling joists are at twelve foot and I'm having a white metal reflective ceiling put in. Then i will have cellulose insulation blown in on top of that. For the concrete floor i'm only going with six inches reinforced with wire sheets and rebar. I own a tractor trailer shop in Wilmington and our floor there is only six inches thick with reinforcement. We've been at that location for over ten years and haven't cracked the floor yet. I think eight inches would a little overkill. This garage is just for my cars and a shop at home. I can no longer build cars at work due to the amount of space required. Hogging a bay with a project car means someone has to work on a truck outside. Floor space is valuable. I talked to the builder today and he will have a "materials drop date" for me tomorrow. I'm so freakin glad this is finally coming to fruition.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                      If you aren't signed up here:

Do it.

And I'm sorry, your free time is now less and forum browsing time just doubled.

^this

I love GJ
                      www.classicdaily.net
                      1970 m42 swapped 2002
                      1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
                      https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

i'll try to get on there later and create a thread. I've been so busy between work and trying to get my yard prepped for this building, I haven't had much time to do anything. My e30 has been down for two months now. I've been gathering parts for a rebuild, but i don't think i'll be able to put it together until my garage is up. Here is a pic of the entry to my driveway, the cleared area in the back is for the building (40x50) and the front portion is going to be the new driveway/basketball/bicycle area.
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

Nice!

Take a progess pic at least every morning to log the build. We all love to watch progress threads.

Comment

Delivery date for the materials is next monday. The crew should be here to put it up about a week later. I'm looking into epoxy floor options now.
                            sigpic

Comment

I got some crush and run (driveway base/stone). Two triaxles showed up this morning, got some work to do grading it out for the construction driveway. I'll try to post a pic later.
                              sigpic

Comment

Building materials are supposed to be delivered today.
                                Attached Files
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X