No announcement yet.

Computer thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more crappy TS overwolf either. I can monitor my CPU and GPU temps, and have teamspeak up while playing a game and never having to stop to check on things.

Also, the increase ability to powertroll R3V in two full sized browsers makes it all worth while.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

My super-budget desktop:

AMD A8 Quadcore
      8 gigs of ram
      Nvidia 9800gtx+ GPU
      Thermal take PSU (Don't remember the wattage)
      Asus Mobo
      500gig HDD

Most of this shit was gotten for free so it's ghetto rigged to all hell. But it works for schoolwork and really low end gaming alright.
      -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
      -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
        atl tabbing or switching applications will never be the same as having true dual screens
        how bout' a 49" tv so you don't need to alt tabs or have different monitors? :devil:

Comment

TV's just don't look as good as a quality monitor
          No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

think about it 198020x108 over 49" wide vs 27i" in pixel density ought to be obvious quality of resolution
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
              This is why I'll never go back to single monitor.

Baby Einstein for her, with audio routed through standard speakers. BF4 for me, audio through my headset. We don't have cable so the few times she gets to watch anything resembling television she loves it.

I've fallen in love with dual monitors for more than this, actually just discovered this use for it last night.
              I have dual monitors at work, but a larger, high res display is still better.

Sleeve is right. A 49" 1080p screen actually has less space than either my 24" (1920x1200) or my 27" (2560x1440). It's just blown up to a larger surface.

Actually, 1080p monitors seem small. I had more vertical resolution 15 years ago..
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Looks good for me ;) I got it for black friday for under $400 and for gaming... well.

Well after all that, my buddy was using my tv/computer to watch topgear and he somehow installed the 'bikiniland' hijacker virus. I had avira and malwaybytes and that shit latched on to my googles!
                Last edited by Dozyproductions; 02-25-2015, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Computer thread!!!

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  think about it 198020x108 over 49" wide vs 27i" in pixel density ought to be obvious quality of resolution

Nice resolution bro, you use a stock ticker too?!

I did a fun test a while back as I was moving screens around. My 32" 1330x768 had the same pixel density as my new 46" 1080 screen, and they both cover the same field of view when across the room as an iPad held at comfortable arms length or iPhone pretty close to the face. Basically you have to factor size, resolution, and viewing distance. We also use a 1024x768 projector, but from farther away so it still looks pretty good. 46" as my main pc monitor for games, Internet, Photoshop, movies, works fine but I wish I had more pixels to fit photoshop tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                    TV's just don't look as good as a quality monitor
                    Using an LCD screen with a tuner built in (aka T.V.) can be just as good as an LCD w/o a tuner. The thing with TV's is that you have to do your research or the quality can be crap, but an LCD is an LCD, just plus or minus the tuner. I did my research, purchased a very specific model Samsung 32" T.V. and use it as my center screen (triple screen setup). For the two on the outside (ears) I use cheapo basic PC LCD's that were on super special at newegg.

The cheapo non-T.V. LCD's are FAR LESS superior in quality to the center LCD with T.V. tuner.

On a side note.. since everyone seems to be quoting their opinions as fact concerning which is better; Dual Screen or a single large screen, I say you are all wrong, wrong, wrong. 3 screens or go home. You are doing it wrong! ;)

Comment

As some of you may have gathered from my rig.... by day I am a digital artist.

Recent project I collaborated on... 360 degrees or go home :)

Rig is 6 blended HD projectors & 7.1 surround sound.

No - unfortunately I didn't fire up r3v on this setup - we did have the after show party "in Hawaii" though out in the middle of the arena :)

My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

That is pure awesome.

I have seen guys use a single projector and a custom 3/4 dome screen along with 3rd party software to create an iMax style setup. Always thought that would be pretty cool, especially for my sim racing.

Comment

Yep - the domes can be done with a single projector. Normally the video is shot specifically for it though through combinations of fisheye lenses etc & some processing.

The military is doing some pretty amazing stuff in simulation using immersive domes for training
                          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

I'll play. Here's my my wife's and my "gaming" PC's. They aren't really gaming grade but get the job done for Diablo III and other titles. I need to upgrade our video cards... I'm running a 560ti and she's running a 550ti. I5 for me and I3 (both Ivy bridge versions) for her. Using am LG 32" 1080p 60hz LED TV for each monitor.

Both installed in a Logisys 4U rack box inside a modified filing cabinet I bought from Staples. Nothing too special, but I think it's pretty cool... and the wife and I like how clean it looks.

I'll post some pics later of a garage system I built from spare parts that has been modified with a "BMW"ish theme.
                            "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                            -----------------------------------------
                            91 318is Turbo Sold
                            87 325 Daily driver Sold
                            06 4.8is X5
                            06 Mtec X3
                            05 4.4i X5 Sold
                            92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                            90 325i Sold
                            97 328is Sold
                            01 323ci Sold
                            92 325i Sold
                            83 528e Totaled
                            98 328i Sold
                            93 325i Sold

Comment

Aww man, post two of this thread made me all jelly. I used those things when I was in grade 2!
                              ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Man I am so pumped to build a system... I've been watching a bunch of YouTube videos on builds and individual parts and what not...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X