No announcement yet.

Computer thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might let my 2 month old 980TI go for a pretty good deal when the 1080s come out.

Comment

Originally posted by JCarp90 View Post
      I might let my 2 month old 980TI go for a pretty good deal when the 1080s come out.
      I need deets.

I am undecided on if Ill build a new PC or not. Im leaning towards building a new ZEN based system when AMD finally releases ZEN, but Im waiting on specs. Then giving my 4670K/GTX770 to sister so we can play overwatch all day and fail college.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Hopefully the next gen lives up to the hype if not I have a lead on a 980ti for a steal.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
        DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
          I need deets.

I am undecided on if Ill build a new PC or not. Im leaning towards building a new ZEN based system when AMD finally releases ZEN, but Im waiting on specs. Then giving my 4670K/GTX770 to sister so we can play overwatch all day and fail college.

That's the one I bought on March 13th. Not even 2 months ago I guess lol.

Comment

Am I stupid for wanting to do a 5820K X99 build over a 6700K Z170 build just for X99 bragging rights?

My thoughts are:

X99 build, do 5820K for now, and scoop someones 980/ti when they go for 1080, then down the road I can always pop in a 5930K, or 5960X etc down the road when I have cash.

Z170, just do I5 6600K or 6700K again, and scoop a new 1080 or 980ti. Less upgrade ability, but probably better GPU immediately.

Also keep in mind that I'm, still only running 1080p, but nicer GPU's would allow to scale resolution up to 150-200% for extremely sharp and smooth games.

Im leaning X99 just because X99.

The only reason this is happening is because I'll be moving to bellingham WA for summer, and ill leave my current Desktop there for sister, so she could play overwatch and etc with me. Then Ill build a mATX X99/Z170 PC for me that I can more easily take to dorm room in Wisconsin and move to apt in wisconsin etc.
            willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
              Am I stupid for wanting to do a 5820K X99 build over a 6700K Z170 build just for X99 bragging rights?
              Do X99. Broadwell-E will be LGA2011-3 compatible with a bios update. I hope more mITX offerings come out for X99. I want to do an mITX build so badly...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

All depends on what you plan on using the system for. The X99 combo above will be better at multithreaded tasks such as compression, video editing and the like. The single core enhancements in Skylake blow the old chips out of the water and will outperform that 5820. Since most games lean towards single core performance and really are not taking full advantage of multithreading, they will proabably come out about the same in most titles. The Skylake /170 combo will also be around $100 cheaper to build.

Comment

It's kind of interesting. I haven't found any compelling reason to upgrade my mobo or CPU. I still rock an i5-2500k at 4.5 on a z77 board. Yes, I have a GTX 970 but I only game at 1080p.

Other than media production, why would anyone want more at this point of tech development? Just curious since I am out of the computer world.
                  Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                  Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                  Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                    It's kind of interesting. I haven't found any compelling reason to upgrade my mobo or CPU. I still rock an i5-2500k at 4.5 on a z77 board. Yes, I have a GTX 970 but I only game at 1080p.

Other than media production, why would anyone want more at this point of tech development? Just curious since I am out of the computer world.
                    X99 Bragging rights.

More games really are starting to take advantage of multiple cores, which is why im leaning X99, the benefit of X99 is I can pop a 5960X if I become baller, or a new Broadwell-E or Kaby Lake which seem to be drop in replacements for X99. (Guessing they did this for people to easily upgrade rendering machines without having to build a whole new system).
                    Last edited by Wschnitz; 05-18-2016, 07:55 AM.
                    willschnitz

Comment

Random thread use, I know...

Who is making those e30 stickers for laptops?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                        Random thread use, I know...

Who is making those e30 stickers for laptops?

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by JCarp90 View Post

Give you 20 bucks for your paperweight.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                            http://www.pcgamer.com/geforce-gtx-1...buffer-pcgamer

Give you 20 bucks for your paperweight.
                            Glad my 970 is just fine still.
                            Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                            Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                            Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Wow rip 980ti resale prices.
                              willschnitz

Comment

I sill don't get why you guys think videos cards are the end-all-be-all of PC performance.
                                Originally posted by Matt-B
                                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                                X