No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just spent $80 on a key to find out that my lock set isn't original :hitler:
    Originally posted by Vokuhila
    I laughed, and then I serioused

Comment

Yea most people these days just buy an entire lockset.

I sold a set for $100 with 2 keys a few years ago.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Rebuild your locks. Thats what i did

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
          I've consolidated my hobbies. Rather than be spread across multiple account drainers, I decided to just excel in those 2 areas.
          Cars and cameras. That's what Ive consolidated down to.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Torn between running Water/Meth, Water/Isopropyl alcohol, or some shitty octane booster like xylene.

W/M doesn't seem to raise octane much at all (Meth is 98.65AKI according to wikipedia), but still suppresses knock/EGT nicely. Just not sure if its going to do THAT much for what's going to cost me 1k by the time it's on my doorstep.

W/Iso seems like it could raise octane more (Iso is 108AKI according to wiki) but when this idea is brought up, people just say "Meth has higher octane" and link the wiki article that shows that it doesn't... Hell, I can buy 1/2L of 50/50 distilled water/Iso from the dollar store for a buck, so it wouldn't be expensive.

Octane booster/xylene just seems "Ghetto af" as they say.

I've been reading this shit all night and I'm no closer to figuring any of it out.

Yea, that's pretty much 99.99%. I've consolidated my hobbies. Rather than be spread across multiple account drainers, I decided to just excel in those 2 areas.
            Cars and house reno. Unfortunately they both suck right now.
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Why not 100% methanol?

I'm running 23-24 degrees advance up top with 25psi of boost.
              No E30 Club
              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Scared of the boom

Comment

and mostly just confused because I want stock compression bottom end power/drivability, but not to be limited to ~10psi.

Comment

Then just run w/m with reasonable timing. I would only be running 10-12* or so advance without the methanol, its very efficient at knock reduction.
                    No E30 Club

Comment

I'll probably pull the trigger on a progressive control devilsown setup + tank/float before spring then. Everywhere else seems way more expensive after shipping.

Comment

I'm running the devils own progressive. I didn't bother with a level sensor because I have a 2.5 gallon tank, I just randomly check it and top off.

Also put the pump in the trunk. I mounted my pump directly below the tank, with the check valve up front right on top of the nozzles. Burned up a pump already when mounted under the hood. Granted, it was a used pump. Still, trunk is much cooler and friendlier to electronics and seals.
                        No E30 Club

Comment

Says VAST, but it's just rebranded Devils Own.

I also ditched the quick disconnects for standard compression fittings from home depot wherever I could. Leaks are a pain in the ass.
                          No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                            Rebuild your locks. Thats what i did
                            What will that accomplish? My only key for this set is ready to break on me
                            Originally posted by Vokuhila
                            I laughed, and then I serioused

Comment

Originally posted by Best_name_available View Post
                              What will that accomplish? My only key for this set is ready to break on me
                              tumblers won't stick and it will just be better
                              Last edited by e30onBBSs; 01-25-2016, 10:21 PM.
                              BMW tech
                              Umass Amherst
                              05 wrx sti

Comment

I'm running the devils own progressive. I didn't bother with a level sensor because I have a 2.5 gallon tank, I just randomly check it and top off.

Also put the pump in the trunk. I mounted my pump directly below the tank, with the check valve up front right on top of the nozzles. Burned up a pump already when mounted under the hood. Granted, it was a used pump. Still, trunk is much cooler and friendlier to electronics and seals.

Definitely going for a trunk setup, just not sure where (Their 2.25gal baffled tank). Either mount the tank on the back seat bulkhead, to the floor at the front of the trunk, or in the spare tire well (But I think the tank is too tall, so maybe one of those spare tire well shaped plastic fuel cells?)
                                Pump, either in the left trunk pocket, or in the spare well.

If I'm going to rely on it to suppress detonation, I definitely want to have the peace of mind of a float. I'll probably wire it into the oil level light on the check panel (E36 pan - no level sensor, so it's unused.)

Comment

Working...
                                X