Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    hey,

thank you for asking. we have two houses. one in kingwood and the other is south of kemah a little ways. we live full time in kingwood and are about 1/4 mile from the san jacinto river. fortunately we are probably 15 to 20 feet above the flood plain here.

our house on the south side of town is actually on dickinson bayou. when i built it, i spent about 6 grand on 300 loads of dirt that i piled up under the foundation. that was fortunate because water came up to about 4 feet from the bottom of the garage slab. most of the homes in the neighborhood flooded but ours did not.

here is a pic the neighbor sent of the home 2 down from ours also on the water. this one is on pilings about 7 feet above ground level.

this is a house we used to own as a rental in a neighborhood about 6 miles north. it has about 3" of water running through it in this photo. fortunately, we sold it 4 years ago.

earlier today my wife and i tried to drive the f350 downtown to help with evacuations. unfortunately. all the roads are so flooded out, they were completely impassable. after about 2 hours of trying different routes, we had to give up and return home. i do have to say that it is indeed as bad as the news shows.

to all the other r3ver's from houston, god be with you. i hope you are as lucky as my wife and i have been.
    Glad to hear you guys are alright, and haven't received any serious damage. I heard that the storm is headed back out into the gulf and is suspected to make another hit on the greater Galveston/Houston area... That could be extremely devastating.

My parents are discussing taking time off work to take my dads lifted F250 and our 4x4 tractor down to help with the relief effort once the major flooding goes down a bit.

Wishing all of R3v-Houston well. If you need us, we'll come running. TexasStrong
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
    Originally posted by Northern
    beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
    Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
    Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
    '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
    Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
      Glad to hear you guys got lucky. It really is a terrible situation... 185 pending rescues right now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      there were more than 2,000 pending two days ago.
      i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

man, i have no idea how they could quantify that. i bet there are 10x 2000 people needing rescue. almost everywhere you go, there are guys in little boats taking people and their pets to higher ground. its gonna get worse before it gets better.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
          man, i have no idea how they could quantify that. i bet there are 10x 2000 people needing rescue. almost everywhere you go, there are guys in little boats taking people and their pets to higher ground. its gonna get worse before it gets better.
          I was referring to literally one Facebook rescue page that was 2000+ it has to be like you said ten times that.
          i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

when i was getting older i started to get hair in my buttcrack and i would pull it out.
            that shit was the thickest strongest hair i've ever seen. stuff you forget about and remember again.

Comment

So those bolts I ordered to replace the ones I lost for the pressure plate...........

They fucking vanished. Spent the last 3 hours looking for them. Guess I'll clean the shop, was planning on a late night getting this thing together.

I'm thinking the S4 is mad at me for taking so long.

Oh, and my dog just took off into the woods after a couple deer. Yay.
              No E30 Club
              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Dog is back. Seems he had fun on his 15 minute chase.

Now if I could figure out how to train an 8 year old lab to take them down and drag them back.
                No E30 Club
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

i think you just point and say 'gitem! go gitem!' whos that! gitem!

Comment

Sitting in the parking lot waiting for orientation at my new job. I haven't woken up before 7am for anything other than the racetrack since football practice in high school, much less before 6am.

My wheels and tires for my truck are supposed to get in today. When I'm all done at work, I'm gonna give it and my parents Camaro that I've been driving much needed baths and some TLC. One I get my truck inspected, and replace the heater for she should be good to set to the daily status.

how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?

Comment

Just seems fitting for the nonsense thread.
                      Attached Files
                      No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                        Sitting in the parking lot waiting for orientation at my new job. I haven't woken up before 7am for anything other than the racetrack since football practice in high school, much less before 6am.

My wheels and tires for my truck are supposed to get in today. When I'm all done at work, I'm gonna give it and my parents Camaro that I've been driving much needed baths and some TLC. One I get my truck inspected, and replace the heater for she should be good to set to the daily status.

What type of job did ya get?
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd
                        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                          What type of job did ya get?

It's a Die Cast manufacturing job for Spectrum/Kwikset in Denison. I'll be in charge of 3-4 machines injection molding door mechanism parts. Hours are nice, and pay isn't bad. It'll do for now.

Comment

nice man, congrats!
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd
                            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                              nice man, congrats!

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

So my wheels came yesterday, and they look awesome. Unfortunately, Tire Rack sent me the wrong size lug nuts for my truck, so I can't put my wheels on yet and drive it. I don't want to put the old ones on because they'll ruin the finish around the lug holes. Hoping they'll expedite me new ones, or I'm just going to get a refund and source some locally.

Full suspension droop, but I still like the look a lot. A lot more aggressive look, especially from the front.

Comment

Someone school me on homeowners insurance..

At my parents house, they discovered a water leak with the source of it being under the concrete. They got quoted some insane amount to fix it, because they need to dig up a lot of the floor in the house to access the line.

My parents have full coverage on the house, so they thought this was no big deal. Now, the adjuster is at their house telling them that the water piping underneath the concrete is a "wear and tear" item, which is not covered.

So, my question is; is that really in the wear and tear category?
                                Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                                Q
                                :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Working...
                                X