Still more affordable than LA though.
    :hitler:

fact tho
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

got my house in the beautiful 90220 last February. My property taxes where a little over 8k this first year there. Totally worth the sacrifices and i got 2 garages now. Fahq to the HOA i had a condo for 10 years before making this buy.

Comment

Originally posted by EREKSHUN View Post
        got my house in the beautiful 90220 last February. My property taxes where a little over 8k this first year there. Totally worth the sacrifices and i got 2 garages now. Fahq to the HOA i had a condo for 10 years before making this buy.
        is compton as sketchy as its made out to be, because I can buy something big in that zip code
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

^I've been curious about the same things as we've begun to look a bit more seriously.

I'm already used to hearing gunshots on the weekends, so I assume it wouldn't be too much of a change (based on all of my Compton assumptions) haha

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
          Sounds like you need a massage.
          Originally posted by kpeng
          Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
            ^I've been curious about the same things as we've begun to look a bit more seriously.

I'm already used to hearing gunshots on the weekends, so I assume it wouldn't be too much of a change (based on all of my Compton assumptions) haha
            I remember trying to go to Six Flags one time when I first moved to SD. Some freeway construction had us take a detour. We got lost along the way.

I remember driving down a road in my E30 with my buddy in the passenger seat. I see signs like "Compton Liquor" and "Compton Title Loans" etc. Dawned on me that I was on Compton Boulevard.

Not as sketchy as I thought. I grew up in a serious ghetto though.
            My previous build (currently E30-less)
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

What I keep hearing is that during the day it may not look bad, but its at night when you really see the dangers. Theres also a lot of gangs in LA (180 according to this list), but Compton isnt the main area where they hold down. I found this map, and it was both eye-opening and depressing....

East Los Angeles, City Terrace, Boyle Heights, Chinatown, Lincoln Heights, El Sereno, Highland Park, Garvanza, Glassell Park, Cypress Park, Atwater Village, Eagle Rock, Glendale, Montebello, Pico Rivera, Whittier, Los Nietos, Norwalk, Artesia, Bellflower, Lakewood, Hawaiian Gardens, Paramount, Downey, La Mirada, South Gate, Lynwood, Huntington Park, Walnut Park, Maywood, Cudahy, Bell, Bell Gardens, Commerce

Theres also an LA Times crime map, where you can see the crimes that have been reported by zip code/ area... spoiler alert, its mostly bad! :rofl:
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

I just live in an apartment with all my brozz

0 proper taxes plus all the homies

ha jk it sucks, i hate my life.
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

^Are you missing the feeling of the strap-on by any chance?;D
                  1990 325i
                  2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                  sigpic

Comment

Honestly guys i love where i live. My street is well kept and seems to be like the grandma street. All my neighbors are nice and even wave hi as you drive by. There is some commotion at night that you can hear off in the distance but i haven't had any issues as of yet. We are only a 20 minute drive from the beach. i read this the other day that made me feel good about my purchase.

If you were to stand near the corner of 57th Street and South Vermont Avenue, you might not see many great selling points.

Comment

plus if you're from compton you get free "straight out of Compton" shirts all the time :D
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd
                      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I think the further west you are the better and there is so many people that want to buy that eventually it forces the change into the neighborhoods. Thats a good article Erekshun. One of the houses that was an obvious flip was in a neighborhood that was in the middle of being renovated. Inglewood prices have already gone up, its crazy out here
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

180 gangs? Man, I'm missing out.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                            180 gangs? Man, I'm missing out.
                            Yea and thats likely a low number. Most of the gangs listed are the Hispanic gangs, theres still Black gangs too

fuck, just found this one....

Map of L.A. Blood, Crip, Hoover, Piru, Paisa, and Sureño gangs. Shouts out to LAStrikeUps, LAC_StreetArt1, SanFernandoValleyHitups, and HoodlumSociety2, for many of the photos on Instagram. Blue - Crips β™ΏπŸ”΅ Cyan - Blocc Crips πŸ’™β™ΏπŸ”΅ Light Blue - Neighborhood Crips or 2X βœŒπŸ‘β™Ώ Dark Blue - Gangster Crips or 3X β“‚οΈπŸ‘Œ3️⃣ Green - Hustler Crips πŸ’²πŸ€™πŸŸ’ Yellow - Mafia Crips γ€½οΈβ™ΏπŸŸ‘ White - Kitchen Crips πŸ”ͺβ™Ώβšͺ️ Orange - Hoovers or Criminal Gangs πŸ†—β­πŸŸ  Red - Bloods πŸ…±πŸ©ΈπŸ‘ŒπŸ”΄ Dark Red - Brims πŸ…±πŸŽ©πŸ€˜πŸ”΄ Burgundy - Pirus πŸ…ΏοΈπŸ‘ŒπŸ”΄ Black - Black P. Stones πŸ…±β­πŸ€Ÿβš« Charcoal - Tiny Raskal Gang πŸ‡°πŸ‡­πŸ‡»πŸ‡³ Gold - Asian Boyz or Asian Gangs πŸ‡°πŸ‡­πŸ‡»πŸ‡³πŸ‡°πŸ‡·πŸ‡¨πŸ‡³ Amber - Armenian Power πŸ‡¦πŸ‡² Silver - 18th Street 1️⃣8οΈβƒ£πŸ‡²πŸ‡½ Grey - Sureños 1️⃣3οΈβƒ£πŸ‡²πŸ‡½ Brown - Paisas 1️⃣6οΈβƒ£πŸ‡²πŸ‡½ Dark Green - Maravillas γ€½οΈπŸ‡²πŸ‡½ Notes: This map MOSTLY INCLUDES gangs within the City of Los Angeles and most of it's surrounding cities. Though mostly complete this map is still under construction.
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

I went to Disneyland in 92 or 93, we drove from my uncle's in Bakersfield and got to LA and it started to get dark, my mom says dont look over at other cars. Well i asked her why and she says they might be a gang member and they might shoot at us. Then it got dark and she had us lay down in the seat. Wayyy to go mom, I was like 8 and thought we were going to a fucking war zone. Fast forward to 99 and she thinks it's perfectly ok to stop and get churches chicken in a neighbor hood in Chicago where it's been a while since we've seen someone that isn't black, with a brand new rental car and my confused ass in an overly huge baby blue fubu shirt.

I think it would be cool to go to Compton now.

Comment

My neighborhood in KC is making similar progress.

Based on the comparable sale research I have done, my house has appreciated ~30% in a little over 2 years.

For those of you that don't know KC, I live one block east of Troost (google it), which is essentially the dividing line between 'the hood' and everything else. On Saturday night I heard ~25 gunshots that were fired between two rival cars within a block or two of my house - it was STUPID FUCKING LOUD, woke us up out of a dead sleep (first such occurrence since I've been there), but I have heard shots in the distance before.

That said, the neighborhood as a whole is on the upswing and I'm making money on my house everyday.

So my two cents says buy a house near "the hood" and play it long, especially in rapidly growing areas like LA where housing is scarce and expensive.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                                Sounds like you need a massage.
                                Originally posted by kpeng
                                Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Working...
                                X