No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are making me feel old. My daughter starts graduate school next semester, I started driving in 1991 o.0
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I started driving at about 1990...legally around 1994 haha

current exhaust config, m52b28, OBD2 headers straight to an exhaust...no cat...and the drone at about 45mph is deafening.
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Current exhaust situation is a nice and quiet Bosal unit. Because the rag top on the highway is enough noise
        88 325i Cabrio
        04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
        If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
          You guys are making me feel old. My daughter starts graduate school next semester, I started driving in 1991 o.0

:(

Licensed in 1984... Learned on a Ford Pinto - Manual..

Comment

Lol

I totally chopped my muffler of my ix in high school

Recently, I got rid of my magnaflow setup and went with a "stock muffler" and a resonator

Can't say I miss the loud exhaust. now I get to hear all the great induction noise and I don't turn every ones head in a 1 mile radius when I'm stepping on it
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by 95BMWIC View Post
              :(

Licensed in 1984... Learned on a Ford Pinto - Manual..
              1986. My first car was a fucking pinto station wagon with a 4 speed. Stfu! I inherited it from my granddad when he died so it was free which is a really good price for a middle class teen.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

My first car was a 1986 Caprice wagon, complete with the faux wood grain wrap two-tone looking crap, and red cloth interior (inherited from Grandpa). :/

Similar to this...

Ugly as all get out, until I flipped the rear facing seats and all my friends realized I could seat 9 haha
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:
                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                  1986. My first car was a fucking pinto station wagon with a 4 speed. Stfu! I inherited it from my granddad when he died so it was free which is a really good price for a middle class teen.

First car I drove was my sisters shitvette. Learned stick on a 77 Nova. That car later donated its drivetrain to my 72 240z.
                  Originally posted by codyep3
                  I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                  2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                  1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                  1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                  2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                  2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                  2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                  2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                  2010 F650gs twin
                  2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

I lived like a mile from my high school so I lived too close to have the bus pick me up. My parents didn't want to drive me to school so my dad had a 5 spd Ford Ranger. He said I could walk to school or learn to drive a manual...I learned to drive a manual lol

Oh, and at the beginning I did walk back and forth to school...no sidewalks. It was a country 2 lane road...and all the kids from school would honk at me and yell at me as I was walking home...it was great! (no not really)
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd
                    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Learned to drive stick on my dad's 1959 Corvette.

First car was my '87 325is ($2500 in 2005).

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                      Sounds like you need a massage.
                      Originally posted by kpeng
                      Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

^fuck you man!!!! no seriously. that is a really sweet car. we had a 67 mustang 6cyl 3 speed manual that my dad and I restored when I was a teen. my dad let me drive it to school once or twice a week. I was nominated for both best and worst car in the class of 1989. I think it was the irony that pushed it over the edge for most people. there was one kid with a fucking rusted out pacer that was waaay worse then my stupid pinto.
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

Yah, I think that’s the year I started as well.

I started street racing immediately in a ‘67 Chevy II. Don’t get too excited, 250 straight 6 with a three on the tree 4-door. But I did have a lot of fun with that car..

Back then, ricer was still a term and used for pretty much any import that showed up. It wasn’t an acronym, it was purely racist. That’s probably why I stopped myself using the term in public long ago...

But on the same side, as annoying looking as some of those fads have been, at least their car people. I’ll take 100 fart cans over some Prius owner with all their “I’m smarter than you because I support blah blah blah” bumper stickers plastered all over the millions of dents.

Carry on, time for my old man nap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                          2016 Ford Flex
                          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                            ^fuck you man!!!! no seriously. that is a really sweet car.
                            I LOVE that car. My dad just had the body/paint fully restored -- it looks AMAZING now. Motor was rebuilt maybe 5k miles ago. It's a driver though - we used to drive it from NY to Carlisle, PA every single summer for Corvette Carlisle. We did this for the better part of 10 years. He's owned it since the late 70s and used to street park it in NYC in the 80s. Very badass DD.

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Your Dad had/ has a Corvette... my Dad had a Datsun sedan. I dont think it was a 510, but had the same damn shape... late 70s and yellow. It was the car my brother learned how to drive stick in and he proceeded to blow that car up. I learned on my brothers 95 Honda Accord.

First car was a 92 Golf, customized with shaved door handles, OZ Fittipaldis and a monster of a 1.8 8v motor haha
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

^ The corvette was/is the 'fun' car, his daily drivers from around 1995 - 2005 consisted of of high mileage E28s with a couple of w201's peppered in. He pretty much always had something 'cool'. His e28s are the reason I gravitated towards an e30 when I got my permit/license.

One of my favorite family vehicle was my step-dad's '89 grand wagoneer....my sister blew that up after using it as her DD one summer and never checking the oil. That old AMC 360 died a slow and painful death.

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Working...
                                X