No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Their basic ballpark ends up being 140-170k/ year, no idea what the length of time would be, but the position will exist for 2+years. I'm hoping they will offer a 6mo or shorter rotation, without mandatory reup

From what some of the guys who have served over there, and the guys who have family in that part of the globe, it really sounds like somewhere I don't want to go, but it is hard to get an accurate picture of what is going on through media or word of mouth.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny View Post
      I heard some contractors were paying 40k+ per 6 month rotations. That was back in like 2003 when they needed to bulk up bases for operation freedom. Bet you sleeve knows more?
      well, i for one would take my a&p license and shove it up someone's ass if they told me to go over there and only make 40k for 6 months. that would be a joke. aircraft mechanics can easily make that kind of money here and not worry about your wife fucking the mailman or being blown up.

Originally posted by Northern View Post
      Their basic ballpark ends up being 140-170k/ year, no idea what the length of time would be, but the position will exist for 2+years. I'm hoping they will offer a 6mo or shorter rotation, without mandatory reup

From what some of the guys who have served over there, and the guys who have family in that part of the globe, it really sounds like somewhere I don't want to go, but it is hard to get an accurate picture of what is going on through media or word of mouth.

i suppose that would be a decision you would want to make with your wife/girlfriend. being away for that long is murder on a relationship if that is important to you. i have friends that have flown/turned wrenches on airplanes over there. they all pretty much say its a shit hole but they have always made really good money. they all say those contracting companies are really fucked up to the point were the shit that goes on over there can drive you bat shit insane if you let it. a couple of them found themselves divorced by the time they got back home. a few of them came home and found out the wife had a new penis to ride on. a few of them were single to begin with.

i don't know if you have kids but if you do, i think the answer would be clear if i were in your shoes.

its nice to get ahead, but money ain't everything.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Apparently rotations could be as short as 3 months at a time. Probably only one time based on the number of people interested. They've still only given us info on the politics/dangers of living there, no real word on anything else. Everyone is interested to know and stay in the loop, but I doubt many are serious at all about actually going.

I don't have kids, but my woman may not enjoy me leaving for that amount of time, but she is pretty busy in the summer with work. I guess I'll be on the fence for a while yet

Comment

Their basic ballpark ends up being 140-170k/ year
          Where do I sign up?

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
          i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
          Originally posted by slammin.e28
          Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Got some random mid-april snow up here (slush, really), but no salt. On my way to work i saw a guy doing donuts in an empty parking lot in a grey ferrari FF - glad to see some people don't just drive them for show
            1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
            1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
            1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
            My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

Comment

Apparently rotations could be as short as 3 months at a time. Probably only one time based on the number of people interested. They've still only given us info on the politics/dangers of living there, no real word on anything else. Everyone is interested to know and stay in the loop, but I doubt many are serious at all about actually going.

I don't have kids, but my woman may not enjoy me leaving for that amount of time, but she is pretty busy in the summer with work. I guess I'll be on the fence for a while yet
              I'm gonna turn the house into a pirate ship if you're gone for 3 months.
              For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
              Originally posted by mbonanni
              I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Just rented Titan Fall. Quite fun.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
                  I'm gonna turn the house into a pirate ship if you're gone for 3 months.

fak

Comment

Ate ten wings an hour ago. Just took a huge poop. Now I'm hungry again.

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I ate 1/4 gallon of stater bros mint chip ice cream. And I'm lactose intolerant. Totally worth it.

Comment

Im hungry af. Been trying to decide what i want to eat tomorrow. So many restaurants so little time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                        DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

I just bought two big jugs of bubble fluid and lots of fruit to make smoothies. Tomorrow is gonna be sweet.

Comment

Their basic ballpark ends up being 140-170k/ year, no idea what the length of time would be, but the position will exist for 2+years. I'm hoping they will offer a 6mo or shorter rotation, without mandatory reup .
                            If its still on the table in a year and a half when I'm done school you know I'd be down to hop a plane and go off to Pakistan for a year for money like that. And really, what would I have to spend money on over there? Buying goats and wives? Ain't nobody got time fo dat.
                            For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                            Originally posted by mbonanni
                            I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

And really, what would I have to spend money on over there? Buying goats and wives? Ain't nobody got time fo dat.
                              Just think of it as an investment.

Comment

If its still on the table in a year and a half when I'm done school you know I'd be down to hop a plane and go off to Pakistan for a year for money like that. And really, what would I have to spend money on over there? Buying goats and wives? Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

I think that estimate includes whatever "danger pay" they include for working on the base where people seem to like to hurl various things that go boom over the wall. Also supposedly you wouldn't be allowed/advised to leave the base at all while you're there.

Still no actual figures/info on anything about it, but I feel those initial numbers were inflated to try to draw people in/peak interest.

Comment

Working...
                                X