Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reichart12
    replied
    One guy I follow on IG, Hanson Motorsport, I think, has an LS e30 he runs in Utah. Local level events, he appears to do well.

I never cared much about the class, as long as I felt like I was getting faster/better throughout the days. I was in STX for SCCA stuff with a Z3 rack, may have been incorrect idk haha. I think a lightly modded e30 fits in there well at least locally. I was always a second or two off the pace but I put that down as having the "e" rear end and not the 'i" gearing. Now with the ITBs I'm bumped up to DSP I believe. Hopefully I can make it to another event this year.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    What happens? You swap the steering rack in your nearly stock E30 and wind up in a modified class against cars that have a clean E30 worth of modifications on them and can run with the big boys on a track?

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Can’t change the steering rack without getting thrown in an even more competitive class...

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    Are there any E30s that are competitive in state level or higher autocross these days? I'm sure there are some locales where there are some fast guys in E30s but every time I see E30s and autocross come up people seem to say not to bother making an E30 an autocross car unless you're not really interested in the competitive aspect because the chassis and suspension are outclassed.

Leave a comment:

• McGyver
    replied
    Reichart12 Yeah, I don't think there are many "cheap" options left out there, but I'm also not looking much. I'm pretty sure I could get a 4-cyl z3 for cheap. Although that'd be a familiar car to work on, I'd really like to branch out from BMWs since that's all that I've really owned (except for a 1991 Buick Skylark).

I didn't even think about classes to be competitive, apparently I have a bunch of reading to do. I guess I should just try it with the sedan as-is and let that guide the next toy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X