Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern
    replied
    I've never given a shit about classing with the e30, I just do what I want to do and let the classing land where it wants.

If you want to win some sort of autox class, you should just buy a different car that would be competitive in whatever class you want.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    basically with each mod to have a better a/x car you move into a class that you are even more outclassed.

Leave a comment:

• Reichart12
    replied
    One guy I follow on IG, Hanson Motorsport, I think, has an LS e30 he runs in Utah. Local level events, he appears to do well.

I never cared much about the class, as long as I felt like I was getting faster/better throughout the days. I was in STX for SCCA stuff with a Z3 rack, may have been incorrect idk haha. I think a lightly modded e30 fits in there well at least locally. I was always a second or two off the pace but I put that down as having the "e" rear end and not the 'i" gearing. Now with the ITBs I'm bumped up to DSP I believe. Hopefully I can make it to another event this year.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    What happens? You swap the steering rack in your nearly stock E30 and wind up in a modified class against cars that have a clean E30 worth of modifications on them and can run with the big boys on a track?

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Can’t change the steering rack without getting thrown in an even more competitive class...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X