Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redsubdivisions View Post
    Still haven't figured out what I want to do with my life. I turn 26 next month. Son of a bitch. I could really go for some frosted flakes right now.
    I'm only a year behind you in the same spot, except I don't even have an e46.
    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
    Originally posted by mbonanni
    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Isn't that the bitch of it?

I thought I wanted to turn wrenches, and now I'm 27 and would love to do something else.

That said, I've just settled into what I'm good at. Which turns out to be diagnosing shit that other people can't figure out.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
        Isn't that the bitch of it?

I thought I wanted to turn wrenches, and now I'm 27 and would love to do something else.
        I was in the same boat. I quit my job as the lead technician at a dealership to go back to school. I'm finishing with a b.s. in Information Technology in a few months at 29. It's been a tough transition but I'm glad I did it.

My dad used to say, even into his fifty's, after working in computer programming for 20+ years, that he still didn't know what he wanted to do when he grew up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm 20. Getting my pilots license right now (private, instrument, commercial, and certified flight instructor) all through my university. By the time I graduate in 2 years I'll be doing flight lessons and flying for a charter company. By the time I'm 27-30 I'll hopefully be flying commercially or close to it.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
            well, fyi: it takes a minimum of 130k to buy a decent house in houston, tx.
            Sorry for the huge bump, but are houses really that cheap in the states? or is Houston some shithole and I just don't know?

If not, fuck this, I'm moving to texas.
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
              Sorry for the huge bump, but are houses really that cheap in the states? or is Houston some shithole and I just don't know?

I'll take care of The Bimmerhaus when you move.
              I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
                I'm only a year behind you in the same spot, except I don't even have an e46.
                So at least you're doing something right

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                  So at least you're doing something right
                  You always know just what to say, Boo.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post

texas (well, i really only know houston) is not a shit hole. we have unlimited land. if you want a reasonably priced house, just live a little further from the city center. nice homes in nice areas in downtown houston are really expensive. some times up to 500.00/sq ft. however, the burbs are pretty nice, safe, good schools and very cheap.

i see you are in halifax. i fucking love that southwest coastline in nova scotia. peggy's cove-forget about it!!!! you get an hour or so away from halifax, you can find really nice oceanfront homes in your area for less than 250k. to me, that is fucking cheap. i dream of having one of those for a summer cottage/vacation rental. even the bazillion lakes around you are phenomenal. nice lake houses a ways away from the city are damn cheap too. i get to halifax for my job about 3 or 4 times a year. i am always shopping for a good housing deal up there.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Northern bought a house in the middle of town here in Haliwood. It's pretty nice except for some of the critters that like to hang around.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                        texas (well, i really only know houston) is not a shit hole. we have unlimited land. if you want a reasonably priced house, just live a little further from the city center. nice homes in nice areas in downtown houston are really expensive. some times up to 500.00/sq ft. however, the burbs are pretty nice, safe, good schools and very cheap.

i see you are in halifax. i fucking love that southwest coastline in nova scotia. peggy's cove-forget about it!!!! you get an hour or so away from halifax, you can find really nice oceanfront homes in your area for less than 250k. to me, that is fucking cheap. i dream of having one of those for a summer cottage/vacation rental. even the bazillion lakes around you are phenomenal. nice lake houses a ways away from the city are damn cheap too. i get to halifax for my job about 3 or 4 times a year. i am always shopping for a good housing deal up there.
                        My woman and I bought a place in the west end back in october. We're slowly updating/opening up the interior and (hopefully) adding a garage this year. We got a pretty good deal compared to everything else we had looked at. Most of the small 1.5 storey 1940's post-war pre-fab houses in this area are up for $275k, and anything that's ever been touched or updated is asking $325k or more. There is a house 4 down from ours that was stripped and built up into a 1500-2000sqft, and they're asking 650k without garage door, front porch/stairs, or landscaping.

Our place was built up into a 2-storey with two additions onto the back and a fully updated exterior/roof/electrical/heating system, but it hadn't been looked at once over the entire summer. based on the amount/frequency they had been dropping the price of the house, we lowballed them and ended up getting it for very close to the low end of that range above.

If you further south or downtown, you'll quickly find places in the 800k-1m plus for not a lot of house.

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
                        It's pretty nice except for some of the critters that like to hang around.
                        Don't be so harsh on yourself. :p

Comment

Enough of this no nonsense.

Click image for larger version

Name:	no-nonsense-muscle-building.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	7163845
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by JinormusJ
                          Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                          1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                          1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                          1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                          1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Let me know when they release the Fat Guy Secrets to Insane Muscle Gain

I am a pursit now.

Comment

+1 to that.

Comment

My daughter got my lazy pupil.

Freaking awesome.
                                No E30 Club
                                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X