Clear All

Originally posted by doorman View Post
    The Great Spelunker
    The Supersoaker

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
    (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
      that would take all night and possibly a good deal of time tomorrow. maybe it would be better to start a thread about it so everyone can contribute?
      Originally posted by UlrichFennec View Post
      Blood engorged sin sword.
      Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
      heat seeking moisture missile.
      The Great Spelunker
      Originally posted by 15Michaeljoseph View Post
      The Supersoaker
      !!!!lmfao!!!!

Thanks for not disappointing.

Comment

So I'm going to see The Cure in concert at Fiddler's Green this Saturday.

I'm so fucking stoked. I grew up on shit like The Cure, Duran Duran and Depeche Mode. I wish more people my age knew who they were instead of looking at me funny when I listen to them on the stereo.
        "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
        The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

I'm so fucking stoked. I grew up on shit like The Cure, Duran Duran and Depeche Mode. I wish more people my age knew who they were instead of looking at me funny when I listen to them on the stereo.
          Duran Duran is not as high up my list as the others.
          My wife has this funny/bouncy dance she does when they come on the radio.

I'm more of a RATM, Soundgarden,etc kinda guy. The late 80s early 90s were a good time in music in my opinion.

Comment

My wife has this funny/bouncy dance she does when they come on the radio.
            video?
            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
              It's a trap.
              When they finally meet, she's 6'2 250lbs with a handlebar mustache. "Since when did I start talking to Hulk Hogan?" Lol

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
              Originally posted by flyboyx
              how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
              Originally posted by Northern
              beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
              Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
              Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
              '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
              Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                video?
                I'm gonna have to plan that one!!!
                I will try. May take some time

Comment

Big time feels with this... as with many things, our generation missed out on something genuine and good.

*Enter Feels-Vent*

I think it takes a certain kind of zen to go from listening to music that came out many years ago and saying "this sounds cool, I'm a hipster and I listen to Cyndi Lauper ironically while vaping" to "this sounds cool, and I feel like I understand it". Anybody can buy a windbreaker at Goodwill and cruise around in an old car, but not everyone can say they have a real connection to the music, whatever it may be. I mean, obviously I wasn't there, but the music still holds real meaning for me.

Call me generic, but Just Like Heaven may be one of my favorite songs of all time. Like you, I also grew up on loads lf this stuff, I remember distinctly going for rides with the parents, my mom popping in the Rio cassette tape as we headed for the beach in dad's '93 (?) Thunderbird. Let's not even get started on the amount of The Outfield I was exposed to back then.... and this was only growing up in the early 00's. In general though, my music tastes have always been a bit of a time travel trip.

Starting in middle school, I picked up jazz drumming and started gravitating my piano playing away from classical and into jazz improv and pop... So I think that had DEFINATELY had something to do with it. Glenn Miller, Dizzy G., Buddy Rich.... expanding into vocal Jazz, Sinatra, Armstrong, Louis Prima, Lou Monte, and so many others. After that, I discovered the bands of the 50's and 60's, and took on a new, non-grease inspired appreciation for oldies and surf music (corrupted by New England... But, I mean, Dick Dale is some shit). Then I hit the 70's. I liked some of that grungy disco, but I focused (and still do) on the pop rock bands, like Led Zep and Yes (you might know their song "Roundabout" from memes)

But, the 80's music never really CLICKED with me until I got my e30 as my first (and still current) car, that this stuff meant more than just memories of my childhood and my parents... and is even somewhat current, given the amount of electric-inspired music out today. I began to seek out my own taste in 80's bands, like The Split Enz. ;)

I've always been a fan of the older stuff (I like to listen to the local 50's-80's AM station like an old man), but I think my fascination of getting involved in the 80's BMW scene definately changed the meaning of my musical tastes, and though I'm not one of those people who despises anything new, I certainly prefer older sounds.

But thats just me. I should really stay away from the keyboard when I'm tired and nostalgic.

(OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

How old are you if I may ask?

Music has no age man and no 'must be this tall' to enjoy minimum. It's all about where you were, or what you were doing, and especially, how you felt when you experienced it. Perhaps with the music today, you just have to sift through more shit than you did in those years.

lol though about the e30 getting you into 80's music. It must be the square lines jiving with the synth sound of that decade.

Comment

See, I love Fascination Street..

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

See, I've got more of a click with older music than a lot of new stuff. I'm 21, and I get asked if I was raised in "the now" with how eclectic my taste is. My playlist can range from stuff like Zeromancer to Yes, then Nujabes to Junkie XL. I don't think there are a lot of artists now that really...click with me. If I wanna find something new, I'll go on SoundCloud or just look up artists I haven't listened to specifically on YouTube to see if they've done collabs or singles.

I've been on a huge Synthpop and retro wave kick lately. Kavinsky, Lazerhawk, Miami Nights 1984 and Mitch Murder have all found their way on my "Cruisin'" playlist.

Music to me is something that helps me think, feel and relax. Some things feel great in the E30 with the top down, help me relax and enjoy the drive. When I do schoolwork, some music helps me focus and keep my train of thought on rails. Same thing with exercise.
                        "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
                        The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

Speaking of a different genre of music, am I the only one here who really enjoys listening to Andrea Bocelli?

Last edited by BECKSTER; 05-30-2016, 11:43 PM.
                          1990 Alpine 325is
                          1992 Schwarz 325ic (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                            How old are you if I may ask?

Music has no age man and no 'must be this tall' to enjoy minimum. It's all about where you were, or what you were doing, and especially, how you felt when you experienced it. Perhaps with the music today, you just have to sift through more shit than you did in those years.

lol though about the e30 getting you into 80's music. It must be the square lines jiving with the synth sound of that decade.
                            I'm 12, just big for my age. (I'm 19)

It was just that getting into the e30 scene, I started to explore 80's music more... trying to see what was going on in music while my car was brand new (its a restoration project, no stance/ noticable mods)... so something like that. But I ended up really liking a lot of it. And I agree that there's no "requirement" for liking certain music... but it seems like some of us dont bother to see what the other stuff is like, maybe somewhat influenced by the fact that it isnt generally considered "cool" or whatever.
                            Originally posted by BECKSTER View Post
                            Speaking of a different genre of music, am I the only one here who really enjoys listening to Andrea Bocelli?

I have to admit... I do like some of that. Josh Groban, Sarah Brightman.... it's a very clean, modern operatic sound. I think I like Bocelli's italian and spanish songs mostly. My mother and grandmother are fans of that type of music, so I can say that I've listened enough, to say that I do like it at times... but its not stuff I listen to often by myself, say, in the garage. Excellent dinner/ sleep music for me.

(OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Good on ya then. Noticed that a lot of people your age don't even know what memorial day is for so expanding their knowledge, including music, isn't a priority. That's okay though! (maybe!)

Going to sound snobby here buttfuckit. If you haven't yet, get yourselves an amazing sound system. Not some logitech stuff or polk audio either. Better yet, build your own systems. Since we're on an e30 forum and foruming it up, I suggest joining diyaudio.com and partsexpress.com fourms (if you haven't already) to start learning how to do just that. I copied a design with 12 dollar full range drivers that you could build with $1 store foam board. I think the entire project cost me $30 dollars and these things sing just like $100+ 2 way systems. Fun, easy and super satisfying! Opera, classical, spanish guitar sound, female vocals, classic rock just wake up with these guys.

here
                              and here

Read through that thread. Other parts of that forum teaches you how to build amps from $10 boards from china that rival things amps well over that price range. Guys making amps out of cigar boxes and the like. Great great source of info there.

Comment

I have this recurring dream where I am able to levitate simply by lifting both of my feet up as if I were doing a standing ab crunch, which results in me simply hovering in place only a foot or so of the ground. Then I am even able to glide or float short distances. What does it mean? What does it mean?!
                                My Feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X