No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must mean that you're sick of exercising.

Comment

You lazy bastard
      88 325i Cabrio
      04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
        Good on ya then. Noticed that a lot of people your age don't even know what memorial day is for so expanding their knowledge, including music, isn't a priority. That's okay though! (maybe!)

Going to sound snobby here buttfuckit. If you haven't yet, get yourselves an amazing sound system. Not some logitech stuff or polk audio either. Better yet, build your own systems. Since we're on an e30 forum and foruming it up, I suggest joining diyaudio.com and partsexpress.com fourms (if you haven't already) to start learning how to do just that. I copied a design with 12 dollar full range drivers that you could build with $1 store foam board. I think the entire project cost me $30 dollars and these things sing just like $100+ 2 way systems. Fun, easy and super satisfying! Opera, classical, spanish guitar sound, female vocals, classic rock just wake up with these guys.

here
        and here

Read through that thread. Other parts of that forum teaches you how to build amps from $10 boards from china that rival things amps well over that price range. Guys making amps out of cigar boxes and the like. Great great source of info there.
        I've got a pretty decent setup I've assembled, for not being a hardcore audiophile. Basically I've got a 70's magnavox hight output FM/AM head, hooked up to a matching freq. modifier, with inputs for my aux jack, CD player, Mag dual cassette player/ recorder, as well as some Lafayette (?) vintage 8 track player (that doesnt work, but looks practically new, and lights up so I keep it.), And of course, the 45-72-33.3 record player. All of this comes out via two Pioneer 4-way floor speakers (I believe they're CS class, but i can check. they came with paperwork) that I re-coned, insulated, and re-baffled 2-3 years ago.

For what it is... it kicks ass. It was (relatively) cheap to compile all of the stuff, and the resto kit for the speakers wasnt super expensive. I took everything apart for cleaning, changed some display lightbulbs (if I could find the size), waxed the brushed metal finishes/ faceplates... so everything looks really good and it's all very clean.
        It was very worth it, and the functional-cool-factor is awesome.... the damn setup just takes up a lot of room.

As for the garage, I just use an old AM/FM/Cassette boom box that my uncle was going to throw away. Good enough, and I don't have to care that it's "outside" all the time.
        Last edited by 15Michaeljoseph; 06-01-2016, 08:13 AM.
        (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
          I have this recurring dream where I am able to levitate simply by lifting both of my feet up as if I were doing a standing ab crunch, which results in me simply hovering in place only a foot or so of the ground. Then I am even able to glide or float short distances. What does it mean? What does it mean?!
          You are going to grow into a cloud. :0

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
          (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Originally posted by 15Michaeljoseph View Post
            I've got a pretty decent setup I've assembled, for not being a hardcore audiophile. Basically I've got a 70's magnavox hight output FM/AM head, hooked up to a matching freq. modifier, with inputs for my aux jack, CD player, Mag dual cassette player/ recorder, as well as some Lafayette (?) vintage 8 track player (that doesnt work, but looks practically new, and lights up so I keep it.), And of course, the 45-72-33.3 record player. All of this comes out via two Pioneer 4-way floor speakers (I believe they're CS class, but i can check. they came with paperwork) that I re-coned, insulated, and re-baffled 2-3 years ago.

For what it is... it kicks ass. It was (relatively) cheap to compile all of the stuff, and the resto kit for the speakers wasnt super expensive. I took everything apart for cleaning, changed some display lightbulbs (if I could find the size), waxed the brushed metal finishes/ faceplates... so everything looks really good and it's all very clean.
            It was very worth it, and the functional-cool-factor is awesome.... the damn setup just takes up a lot of room.

As for the garage, I just use an old AM/FM/Cassette boom box that my uncle was going to throw away. Good enough, and I don't have to care that it's "outside" all the time.
            Whoa. Have a picture of the setup? I've haven't recently heard any pioneer home setups but I remember loving their kevlar ( I think ) cone car audio speakers in the e30. Used a great soft dome tweeter in that set.

Man, them boom boxes make the best projects!

Comment

Whoa. Have a picture of the setup? I've haven't recently heard any pioneer home setups but I remember loving their kevlar ( I think ) cone car audio speakers in the e30. Used a great soft dome tweeter in that set.

Man, them boom boxes make the best projects!
              Sorry about the clutter.

With one speaker cover removed

Tapes

It's hard to get a good angle on it, leaning over my drumset. My vinyls are in the two bottom cubbies, and there are more tapes in the boxes in the middle

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
              Last edited by 15Michaeljoseph; 06-01-2016, 05:49 PM.
              (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Now that's a collection! Interesting that the magnavox looks like a marantz. I can picture you and 3 other friends listening to music and the camera panning around like 'that 70's show' during that '1 scene'. How low do those cabinets go and what kind of collection do you got with those cassettes?

Great looking setup!

Comment

ON the days I dont' ride my motorcycle I feel very depressed and irritable (mostly because I don't have rain gear).

Is this normal?
                  If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

i'm a big fan of vagina. its just so....useful.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                      Except when you have to watch a fucking Nicholas Sparks movie to use it.
                      88 325i Cabrio
                      04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                      If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                        ON the days I dont' ride my motorcycle I feel very depressed and irritable (mostly because I don't have rain gear).

Is this normal?
                        Bike life bruh. Sucks when you automatically throw out the deuce from a car and they have no idea what you're doing that for lol.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                          They are indeed great, but the shit attached to them can be troublesome at times
                          sigpic
                          1991 318is x 2 .

Comment

Bike life bruh. Sucks when you automatically throw out the deuce from a car and they have no idea what you're doing that for lol.
                            LOL troof!!!!!
                            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                              LOL troof!!!!!
                              So just to add to the moment. I had my 98 vfr800 in the shop for a full check up and get the valves adjusted and etc. She was in a couple rough ups and has 50,000 miles on her and has never had the valves adjusted!!!!

Hear me out. These bikes are okay with you doing that. The darn thing was in the shop for a week. Brake fluid flushed, new coolant, new oil, new chain and sprockets, new air filter, fixed something blocking air flow and finally valves adjusted (which weren't too out of wack). Got it last night at 8pm. Was supposed to be home at 9 for something. Didn't come home till 1AM, it just felt that good. Put an instant 300 miles on it lol.

As flyboyx could probably attest to, just fucked it right in the waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

Comment

Originally posted by Fsnow View Post
                                They are indeed great, but the shit attached to them can be troublesome at times
                                Amen brotha!

Comment

Working...
                                X