No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, it's terribly expensive out there I bet. Our real estate market here is stupid high for the area because of the oil refinery bringing in jobs. This house is gonna cost me 100k and it still needs work. I would be living in a cardboard box if I lived on the west coast.
    88 325i Cabrio
    04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
      If it weren't for amazon, I would probably get into fights with moms at target while xmas shopping. People are so fucking rude
      Dude, Amazon is a great resource. But it is straight up fucking killing my business. Mercilessly. After our commercial lease ends in 2.5 years we are packing up shop and moving on. By then Amazon will be a literal behemoth and there will be no way to keep up.

Good luck on your home search fro you Cali guys. That market is berzerk!
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I honestly try and go out to stores to buy my shit, but around Christmas I just cannot lol.
        I hate that amazon is shitting on "in store businesses." I'm a big outdoors guy, and I used to go to Sport Chalet all the time to get last minute supplies, but they got butt fucked by amazon and no longer exist. Really Sad. I was talking to my friends and we were talking about how amazon is literally going to take over the world. There's probably going to be a great war between Amazon Primions vs Walmart War Boyz

Even here at my shop, a lot of my customers are getting their parts of Amazon which is a huge profit loss for me...
        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
        Q
        :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
          I honestly try and go out to stores to buy my shit, but around Christmas I just cannot lol.
          I hate that amazon is shitting on "in store businesses." I'm a big outdoors guy, and I used to go to Sport Chalet all the time to get last minute supplies, but they got butt fucked by amazon and no longer exist. Really Sad. I was talking to my friends and we were talking about how amazon is literally going to take over the world. There's probably going to be a great war between Amazon Primions vs Walmart War Boyz

Even here at my shop, a lot of my customers are getting their parts of Amazon which is a huge profit loss for me...
          I do my damndest to shop at local businesses exclusively, but it isn't always possible. I hear you on the customer purchased parts. That's gotta blow.

Things happen and times change. A one off, locally owned, retail store 10 years ago was a great idea and made lots of money. But good things do not last. That's why the wife and I focus our future business models on things that the internet can't undercut (hopefully)!

Comment

What about selling stuff on Amazon?
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd
            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
              What about selling stuff on Amazon?
              I do not have the storage space to buy things in bulk, store them, and then sell things via Amazon. And drop shipping straight from my vendors is INSANELY expensive. Completely unsustainable.

Plus I cannot support the Amazon machine in that way. Same exact thing when Home Depot swooped in and changed how things were done. Mom and Pop shops, with local families, keeping money local, supporting local charities/drives, etc. have been replaced with minimum wage employees pumping shit through a mega machine.

Comment

Annoying isn't it?

A while ago, we needed a door lock. Needed to know if it could be rekeyed to match our current locks. Home Depot guy said to ask at another place. This was an old school lock shop, in an old building (probably used to be a house), no attention paid to aesthetics whatsoever. Smelled funky. Nice assortment of stuff in there, old safes that looked to be from the 20s, up to brand new locks. Guy in there seemed to know everything there is to know about locks. You ask a question, he has the answer. Shame that places like that are going away to be replaced by the likes of HD, Amazon, AutoZone, etc. where the employees know fuckall, and are just there to fetch you a part.

In a number of ways, I'm not convinced that this society is better than the one we had 50 years ago. Certainly not all ways though. I switched dentists a few years ago and had a filling done. It was blasted out with a laser. No anesthetic whatsoever. In and out in 20 minutes. Totally painless.

Comment

I need a key for my Datsun Roadster. You think I can go to Home Depot or the dealership and they can get me one? Nope. I can go to an old-school locksmith and he can make me a key.

The low prices you get from mega places is a result of the stuff coming from China, paying their employees min. wage and no benefits.

I try my best to keep my money "local" but sometimes its just not possible... The effort is worth it though.

I used to be a Small Business Banker and Id see how thin the profits are on most small businesses. Its scary
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I need a key for my Datsun Roadster. You think I can go to Home Depot or the dealership and they can get me one? Nope. I can go to an old-school locksmith and he can make me a key.

The low prices you get from mega places is a result of the stuff coming from China, paying their employees min. wage and no benefits.

I try my best to keep my money "local" but sometimes its just not possible... The effort is worth it though.

I used to be a Small Business Banker and Id see how thin the profits are on most small businesses. Its scary
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

who is that chinese man in so many peoples profile pic?

Comment

I think it’s kim jong un

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                        Q
                        :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                          who is that chinese man in so many peoples profile pic?
                          you've been around here forever. how have you just now noticed this? we've been on this shit now for like 2 or 3 years
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Its our Supreme Leader
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

I had to get a Key cut for the e30 and had to go to rinky dink lock smith for it. Those big box stores just do you main keys. Hell my home depot doesn’t even cut keys anymore. You probably cant get one from dealership cause weren’t Datsun and Nissan technically two brands?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                                You probably cant get one from dealership cause weren’t Datsun and Nissan technically two brands?
                                Datsun is just the name Nissan was sold under here. In Japan, they were sold as Nissans. Parts that are still available would be sold at a Nissan dealership.

Comment

Working...
                                X