No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Direzza DZ102s are not Direzza DZIIs. DZ102s would not survive Chump usage, DZIIs work quite well on the street and track.

FWIW my favorite street tire of all time has to be the Michelin Pilot Super Sport, but they're only 17"+. They're also fairly expensive, and don't last long. So, it's my opinion that if you have over 200HP in a sporty E30 DZ102s are not going to give a decent safety margin, and you'll want more grip and/or a wider tire.

I'll probably try the Conti EC Sports next time as the price point is only marginally higher, and wet/dry grip is probably a bit better.

All this is moot anyway because every single r3v member keeps shenanigans on the track and never, ever drives to have fun on the street at all. Right?

Comment

I have the DZ102s on Klaus' Ronals. It's a good all-around tire, especially for the money.

Jeremy I think you may be talking about ZII Star Specs. ;)

Ninja edit: roguetoaster beat me to it
      Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
        The point he was trying to make was the problem he originally came with still existed.

He's just going to take to yelp and bash my business.

One guy on yelp was bashing me over a warranty. Everything I do comes with 2 year warranty. This one guy on yelp left me a one star review because he I "only offered a 2 year warranty and I had to talk him into giving me a 24 month" LOL. He was pissed because I did a bunch of suspension work and I don't do alignments at my shop and told him he needed to get one done after this job was complete.
        I've worked at a few shops that didn't have alignment machines, we'd just run the car down to the nearest place that did quality alignments and add it to the bill.
        90% of customers are good people, but you always have the assholes who bitch and moan about everything. I can't tell you how happy I am to not have to deal with the general public anymore or service writers for that matter. My favorite are the ones who say "can't you just plug your machine into it and have it tell exactly whats wrong with it" or the ones who "read on a forum"

I was working on a 2001 Ranger that had an extended crank problem, turned out to have some seriously fucked up heads that were filling the cylinders with coolant but the customer kept telling me it was the fuel pressure regulator and I kept having to tell him and the service writer the truck didn't have a fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail because it was a return-less system. He couldn't seem to grasp that. The same way way my coworkers who hadn't gone through any update training since the 70's couldn't grasp how a cylinder with lower compression then the rest could cause a misfire code to set.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRob View Post
          I've worked at a few shops that didn't have alignment machines, we'd just run the car down to the nearest place that did quality alignments and add it to the bill.

90% of customers are good people, but you always have the assholes who bitch and moan about everything. I can't tell you how happy I am to not have to deal with the general public anymore or service writers for that matter. My favorite are the ones who say "can't you just plug your machine into it and have it tell exactly whats wrong with it" or the ones who "read on a forum"

I was working on a 2001 Ranger that had an extended crank problem, turned out to have some seriously fucked up heads that were filling the cylinders with coolant but the customer kept telling me it was the fuel pressure regulator and I kept having to tell him and the service writer the truck didn't have a fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail because it was a return-less system. He couldn't seem to grasp that. The same way way my coworkers who hadn't gone through any update training since the 70's couldn't grasp how a cylinder with lower compression then the rest could cause a misfire code to set.

For BMW now thats pretty much what it is most of the time. You plug in your ICOM read the faults and then hit calculate test plan. It will say check injectors for these date codes if they are those replace all injectors and the car is fixed. Had an e90 with a no start. Plugged it in and it said starter is getting power but not kicking over replace starter. Every once in a while you will have to do some digging if its a weird issue that ISTA isnt going to figure out.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Yeah, the newer stuff is a lot more intuitive, Fords IDS and Toyota's factory tool are both fantastic tools to work with. Same with VW and the Rosstech tool. But the older stuff is what I was referring too. Old early OBD2 stuff that barely had any live data and really vague freeze frame info and pre-obd 2 you were lucky to get anything at all out of.

Comment

Yup, my bad, I did mean the Star Specs..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                people don't get rich spending cash
                Ohhh yes they do.
                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                  Work rant:

Then he persisted to scream at me at the top of his lungs in front of my other customers, calling me a fucking idiot, a liar, a cheat, ect ect....

I kept my cool the whole time, but god damn, the severe retardation this guy suffers is mind boggling.
                  This is one of the biggest reasons I hated being a service advisor. I always exuded borderline teeth cringing politeness to customers. Even when they were being unreasonable.

Having a conniving piece of shit as a service manager was the kicker though.
                  Follow us on Facebook and Instagram

On qualified parts... email me at dealindave@blunttech.com

Comment

Shout out to my Valentine

Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                    Q
                    :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

That's a nice hand you got there.
                      My previous build (currently E30-less)
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                        That's a nice hand you got there.
                        not as purty as his mouf
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

It’s my valentine, so don’t get any funny ideas and stop talking about my mouth!!!

You guys are ruining my Valentine’s Day.

Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                          Q
                          :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Just squeeze tighter
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Someone finally posted nudes of their GF.

Comment

squeal like a pig!
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Working...
                                X