No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still don't get it i only see two rocker shafts.
    i did the intake side and tried to pound out the shaft from the back of the head but it stuck like a MF.

i'm just going to take the head off and take it to a rebuilder to put the springs in

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    Exhaust front/rear, intake front/rear, parts #1 and 3...

To get the shafts out, you have to slide the rocker to the side away from the black washer looking thingy (compress the rocker spring) and it hides a little c-clip. Take the clips off and the rocker shafts will slide out once you get the cam oriented so all the rockers on that shaft are slack.

Comment

I had to do a lot of work on my MX5 for the last year and a half (recently in about 95° Fahrenheit, with no AC anywhere in sight, which is unusually hot for northern Germany), but despite everything I'm kinda happy that the engine was fine with flushing the oil and putting a new gasket on the exhaust-manifold.
      On my next project I want to open up the engine just to have that done once, but this project is taking so long already that I'm happy about any part that's fine on it's own.
      It probably helps that the car has under 60k miles on it.

Max
      E30-Fan from Germany, here to learn about and get some inspiration for my next car.

Comment

Last night on my way home I got a ticket for "blowing a red arrow" on a light that doesn't even have an arrow... you're just supposed to yield for on coming traffic..
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

WTF that was a DWB
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
            Last night on my way home I got a ticket for "blowing a red arrow" on a light that doesn't even have an arrow... you're just supposed to yield for on coming traffic..
            You still technically have to come to a complete stop though, don't you? That does suck you got a ticket though for such a minor offense.
            1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
            1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
            E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWipprSnappr View Post
              You still technically have to come to a complete stop though, don't you? That does suck you got a ticket though for such a minor offense.

No, yield doesn’t mean stop.

Well the ticket says I ran a red arrow, but that arrow doesn’t exist, so imma fight that shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

it was a fishing expedition, to see if you were drunk, high, or doing some other illegal shit and had to do something to justify why you were stopped
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

I'm so angry about this whole situation....

Jesus, like I'm not the kind of guy who is like "fuck cops," but shit like this a joke..

Comment

Originally posted by TheWipprSnappr View Post
                    No, yield doesn’t mean stop.

Well the ticket says I ran a red arrow, but that arrow doesn’t exist, so imma fight that shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I'm so angry about this whole situation....

Jesus, like I'm not the kind of guy who is like "fuck cops," but shit like this a joke..
                    Perhaps he meant to write it for failure to yield? What's the statute/name of the offense on the citation? I've mistakenly used the incorrect statute on a citation in a similar manner, simply changed the statute and sent a letter of explanation to the person who received it.

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    it was a fishing expedition, to see if you were drunk, high, or doing some other illegal shit and had to do something to justify why you were stopped
                    Or the officer saw a violation and made a traffic stop. Without seeing the offense or being there in person to verify, you can't possibly know anything you just posted.
                    2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                      Perhaps he meant to write it for failure to yield? What's the statute/name of the offense on the citation? I've mistakenly used the incorrect statute on a citation in a similar manner, simply changed the statute and sent a letter of explanation to the person who received it.
                      It reads, "CVC 21453 (c)-Red Arrow"

Comment

i'm seeing allot of police activity this past month.
                        just watch your back. head on a swivel

also, do those radar detectors still actually work?

Comment

It reads, "CVC 21453 (c)-Red Arrow"
                          Without looking at your local statutes, I would say it's likely the wrong statute selected. Here we have multiple statutes that cover multiple ordinances like Resisting/Obstructing, Failure to Move Over/Failure to Obey Officer Sign, etc.

Red Arrow *could* also cover failure to yield if it's an intersection with multiple stop lights/arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                            Without looking at your local statutes, I would say it's likely the wrong statute selected. Here we have multiple statutes that cover multiple ordinances like Resisting/Obstructing, Failure to Move Over/Failure to Obey Officer Sign, etc.

Red Arrow *could* also cover failure to yield if it's an intersection with multiple stop lights/arrows.
                            The Sargent just got back to me and told me that statute is specifically for a red arrow and the citing officer explicitly said I completely blew a red light.

The Sargent said he's going to watch the video and get back to me, so we'll see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                              also, do those radar detectors still actually work?
                              They work, but if they're doing it right you're screwed either way :)

We're trained to visually estimate speed, then confirm it with radar. I can write a speed citation based on my visual estimation alone, given I have the required training and experience.

The Sargent just got back to me and told me that statute is specifically for a red arrow and the citing officer explicitly said I completely blew a red light.

The Sargent said he's going to watch the video and get back to me, so we'll see what happens.
                              Good to know, that's the best way to handle these things.

Comment

ya but don't they usually go off before you even see the cop is what i'm saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X