No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds amaze-ballz. will you use stock rods?

i remember when i first joined this rodeo, everyone was like: fuck that shitty m20. it is ghey! lets swap in an m50 bitches!!!!

it is good to see that that conventional thinking has come back full circle. nowdays, it seems like people are like: what? you dropped an m50 in your e30? how can you be such a lame ass?
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

84mm crank, 130mm (eta) rods, "9.4" b25 pistons, .5mm off the block deck will make a 10.3:1 2.8l m20.

Seeing I have built 2 budget 9.4:1 2.7l strokers recently that made 180whp/180wtq using 81mm eta cranks, 130mm eta rods, 8.8:1 b25 pistons and 2mm off the decks, this new motor should net 190-200whp. Mind you, both those motors are using stock intake manifolds and stock valves.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

https://youtu.be/HcXNPI-IPPM Does any one know how he does this @ 5:15 ?? Cruise control? Also do we have a thread to post e30s sighted in movies and music vids?

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
          84mm crank, 130mm (eta) rods, "9.4" b25 pistons, .5mm off the block deck will make a 10.3:1 2.8l m20.

Seeing I have built 2 budget 9.4:1 2.7l strokers recently that made 180whp/180wtq using 81mm eta cranks, 130mm eta rods, 8.8:1 b25 pistons and 2mm off the decks, this new motor should net 190-200whp. Mind you, both those motors are using stock intake manifolds and stock valves.
          i've started developing a closet interest in these m20 mods. for example, i really like reading the posts by the member digger. i understand that you are trying to comply with the legalities of a certain racing class, but i wonder what would be the potential of that bottom end with some more liberal top end mods? 200whp should be....say...230 at the crank? that is pretty awesome for a lowly little m20
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beamerboi View Post
            https://youtu.be/HcXNPI-IPPM Does any one know how he does this @ 5:15 ?? Cruise control? Also do we have a thread to post e30s sighted in movies and music vids?
            what in the world did I just watch...
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd
            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
              Some fire nonsense haha. I love that vid I didn’t realize the e30 till after I had one. Just saw one on the new Mission impossible too!

Comment

https://youtu.be/7Rp54zKTe2E It’s an e28 nvmd still cool tho!

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post

i've started developing a closet interest in these m20 mods. for example, i really like reading the posts by the member digger. i understand that you are trying to comply with the legalities of a certain racing class, but i wonder what would be the potential of that bottom end with some more liberal top end mods? 200whp should be....say...230 at the crank? that is pretty awesome for a lowly little m20
                  Problem is the clients who don't care about rules just put turbos on them, it takes a lot more bling to make high NA power. I feel is someone walked in with deep pockets I could get 270+whp. My personal best NA m20 is 217whp/202wtq with a mild (272) cam and 9.3:1 compression. I built the car several years ago and he keep talking about bringing it back to get some more out of it - but the thing just runs so good and smooth now, he is hesitant. I've gained a lot more experience since, specially in the last 3yr or so. For comparison, in 2015 it took me larger valves, porting, headers, stand alone and ITB's to break 180whp, I now do that just mixing/matching/balancing stock parts, no porting or headers and using the stock ECU etc.

Digger knows his stuff. He has sent a few stateside clients over my way when they are looking for m20 cylinder heads.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:
                  Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post

It's called art
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

It's called art
                      Some fire nonsense haha. I love that vid I didn’t realize the e30 till after I had one. Just saw one on the new Mission impossible too!
                      O.o
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd

Comment

holy crap. hoo da fuq listens to music like this? i think i am permanently scarred from all the ballsacks and buttcheeks wrapped in thongs. i wish i could unsee that.
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

holy crap. hoo da fuq listens to music like this? i think i am permanently scarred from all the ballsacks and buttcheeks wrapped in thongs. i wish i could unsee that.
                          ^this
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

It's called art
                            Agree with 'burgs here, Die Antwoord is way out there but it's still art, although I don't think they've done a music video in a long time. In their earlier years I think they were more about their message/artwork than the actual music, in much the same way as this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvHYWD29ZNY

Just thought of another old music vid with an E30, and this one's at ~15s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSC9cgvtkRs

Comment

The same people who buy a car based on the name of a lil peep song aka. Beamerboi
                              91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                              Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                              E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                              "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                                Agree with 'burgs here, Die Antwoord is way out there but it's still art, although I don't think they've done a music video in a long time. In their earlier years I think they were more about their message/artwork than the actual music, in much the same way as this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvHYWD29ZNY Just thought of another old music vid with an E30, and this one's at ~15s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSC9cgvtkRs
                                Good eye!! That vert for like 2 seconds lol

Comment

Working...
                                X