Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post

EVERYONE will get it... the ONLY variable is how many people are sick at once in a given area and what the burden will be on local health care resources.
    winner winner.... It will stop when herd immunity reaches a high enough percentage of the population. Its the only way it stops.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post

winner winner.... It will stop when herd immunity reaches a high enough percentage of the population. Its the only way it stops.
      I read about field hospitals that were deployed, but then packed up without seeing any patients.

Those resources COULD HAVE gotten us to community immunity more quickly. At first it sounds nice that fewer people got sick, but that just means that this whole cluster fuck goes on longer.

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	laughs superlatively.jpg
Views:	1358
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	9933441

Who would've figured that many of the owners of a new car made by a company which has over time tried to appeal to the lowest common denominator, would be among the lowest common denominator?
        The YouTube videos are all the same, and all equally useless. I just need to find a service manual PDF and leave the forums be.

The only good one is Kies Motorsports, and he's about 6/10. Guy seems nice enough waffleswaffleswaffles.
        I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post

The YouTube videos are all the same, and all equally useless. I just need to find a service manual PDF and leave the forums be.

The only good one is Kies Motorsports, and he's about 6/10. Guy seems nice enough waffleswaffleswaffles.
          You know how varg feels, if it doesn't have an M42 he can't stand it.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

You know how varg feels, if it doesn't have an M42 he can't stand it.
            It's true, he tells me all the time how he wishes he put another M42 in his car instead of the M20.
            -Dee
            5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
            IG: @deebelmont

Comment

If you have issues with the F30 let me know. I got a 2016 328x drive for my mom and I work on them pretty much daily just about seen it all and have access to ista to help walk through repair manuals etc

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post

If you have issues with the F30 let me know. I got a 2016 328x drive for my mom and I work on them pretty much daily just about seen it all and have access to ista to help walk through repair manuals etc
                Thanks! I'll definitely keep that in mind.
                I do things.

Comment

Friday I take my SANS504 exam....to say I'm nervous is an understatement....

SANS504=Hacker Tools, Techniques, Exploits and Incident handling.

Edit: I've been studying since March...everybody talking about having all this free time during covid...I've been studying till late and during work...no spare time.
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd
                  g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Good luck! Look at it another way; COVID helped take temptation to be outside away. Dont burn yourself out the night before the test. Get some rest, that will be worth more than cramming.

Also, the only suggestion I ever make on long tests (not sure if this is one) is to take a break every hour. Just getting up and walking away for a moment is great for the brain. I always say I have to use the bathroom and walk there, wash my face and walk back. Soak in the sun too for a moment if you have a minute to spare.

I've had several 3+ hour tests and this is a huge help. The brain burns out after an hour
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                      Friday I take my SANS504 exam....to say I'm nervous is an understatement....

SANS504=Hacker Tools, Techniques, Exploits and Incident handling.

Edit: I've been studying since March...everybody talking about having all this free time during covid...I've been studying till late and during work...no spare time.
                      Best of luck man!
                      I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        Good luck! Look at it another way; COVID helped take temptation to be outside away. Dont burn yourself out the night before the test. Get some rest, that will be worth more than cramming.

Also, the only suggestion I ever make on long tests (not sure if this is one) is to take a break every hour. Just getting up and walking away for a moment is great for the brain. I always say I have to use the bathroom and walk there, wash my face and walk back. Soak in the sun too for a moment if you have a minute to spare.

I've had several 3+ hour tests and this is a huge help. The brain burns out after an hour
                        Thanks for the tips!
                        Yeah this is a 4 hr test. They are only going to give me 1 15min break. I'm definitely going to take it.

Yeah with quaritine it wasn't too bad to be inside. Just here in Texas the spring is the best time to go outside before the hot temps get here. Hit 90 today...

Best of luck man!
                        THANK YOU!!! I need it lol
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post

Thanks for the tips!
                          Yeah this is a 4 hr test. They are only going to give me 1 15min break. I'm definitely going to take it.

Yeah with quaritine it wasn't too bad to be inside. Just here in Texas the spring is the best time to go outside before the hot temps get here. Hit 90 today...

THANK YOU!!! I need it lol
                          I enjoy taking exams and have a few tricks to share as well.

Last October I took the SE II (Structural Engineering Level 2) exam, one of the most difficult exams in the world (pass rate hovers around 20%), which is 16 hrs long. Two consecutive 8 hr days. 80 multiple choice questions and 8 essay style questions. With (1) bathroom break I had mere minutes to spare. This test was so intense that I slept ~14 hrs a day for the three days afterwards to recuperate. And I was still tired!

- Excellent sleep the night before. I'm talking 10-11 hours if you can get it.
                          - Good breakfast. Nothing extreme, but some high quality foods that can satiate and sustain you for a while.
                          - Prepare beforehand to be as organized as possible. All your references and calculators and tools neatly organized.
                          - Have brain stimulating snacks on hand. I'm talking pistachios, green tea, dark chocolate (not Hershey's), things like that. This helped perk me back up after lunch, and in the afternoon.
                          - Don't stress about the time. Just work through the problems. Be cognizant of the time, but only when you choose to check it to determine how much time is remaining. Adjust on the fly and continue working.
                          - Study up on test taking strategies beforehand. There are a few neat little tricks that can make a big difference in performance.

Best of luck.
                          My previous build (currently E30-less)
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

TeXJ Will you find out immediately after or is there some long process that you have to wait for?

I hate when they ask if you want to take a survey BEFORE you get your results. NO A$$HOLES, I JUST SPENT MY ENTIRE DAY HERE. GIMME MY SCORE!
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              TeXJ Will you find out immediately after or is there some long process that you have to wait for?

I hate when they ask if you want to take a survey BEFORE you get your results. NO A$$HOLES, I JUST SPENT MY ENTIRE DAY HERE. GIMME MY SCORE!
                              2mAn I get the results right when I finish the last question...

I failed... I got a 67 and need a 72 to pass...I was so pissed...still am. To retake the test it is $799...
                              At first I was DONE with all of this. As I've had a chance to cool down and kind of think things over...I think I may go ahead and do retake the exam. My problem was I didn't have a way to practice the labs and thought my notes from doing the practice test labs would be sufficient. The commands I did before resulted in me not getting the same information as before. Same command, same scenario, different results. So frustrating.

Anyway...life sucks..yay me...
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

I enjoy taking exams and have a few tricks to share as well.

Last October I took the SE II (Structural Engineering Level 2) exam, one of the most difficult exams in the world (pass rate hovers around 20%), which is 16 hrs long. Two consecutive 8 hr days. 80 multiple choice questions and 8 essay style questions. With (1) bathroom break I had mere minutes to spare. This test was so intense that I slept ~14 hrs a day for the three days afterwards to recuperate. And I was still tired!

- Excellent sleep the night before. I'm talking 10-11 hours if you can get it.
                                - Good breakfast. Nothing extreme, but some high quality foods that can satiate and sustain you for a while.
                                - Prepare beforehand to be as organized as possible. All your references and calculators and tools neatly organized.
                                - Have brain stimulating snacks on hand. I'm talking pistachios, green tea, dark chocolate (not Hershey's), things like that. This helped perk me back up after lunch, and in the afternoon.
                                - Don't stress about the time. Just work through the problems. Be cognizant of the time, but only when you choose to check it to determine how much time is remaining. Adjust on the fly and continue working.
                                - Study up on test taking strategies beforehand. There are a few neat little tricks that can make a big difference in performance.

Best of luck.
                                Thank you for the tips. For this exam, no food/drinks allowed with you. A pen/paper isn't really needed. I was doing pretty good with my time management. I had the questions down pretty good and had an hour and 45 minutes left for the 11 lab questions. Some of the lab questions can be done in under a minute.

So I thought I had plenty of time. I also skipped some of the more troubling labs, and went on. Good thing I did that I was able to get the ones I knew and worked out of the way.

Oh and I had a hard time getting to sleep(after 1am) and then I woke up about 5:30am...couldn't go back to sleep...So I laid in bed till about 7:30 and then let my wife sleep and got the 15month old.

My wife did make me a toast with avacado and an egg on top, two slices.

Oh I do get one 15 min break and I have to take all 15 mins at once. So no, 5 min breaks spread throughout. :(

I took my break between the lab and questions portions. Ate a peach and some almonds and drink some water.
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd

Comment

Working...
                                X