No announcement yet.

The R3V R/C car,truck thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

god damn this thread makes me want to start wasting money on rc cars again, i thought i learned my lesson with my tmaxx but i feel like im catching the bug again. at least this time i know im staying away from nitro cars next time, $30 per gallon is to rich for my blood.
    Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
    Bimmerbuddies LLC
    717-388-1256
    2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
    bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by WILDMAN442 View Post
      Well I got a TT-01 Type E used from a guy.

All decked out with Castle Brushless electronics and a Spektrum RX/TX

Probably going to splurge and get the 3Racing Sakura Drift chassis though.

And then my M3 body.

AHHHHHYEEAAHHHH

Justin
      Don't hear to many good things about the Sakura chassis. I hear its a nightmare to tune & has some problems with parts coming loose.

Can't really complain for 150$ chassis though. I'd rather get the r2hobbies r31 clone.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
      DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Really diggin the r32.
        Added some spacers in the rear.
        A Nissan banner
        & some nismo love
        Last edited by E30_Pare; 01-07-2013, 01:10 PM.

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

I really need to look into what i can do to my TT-01 to hop it up.

1992 BMW 325iC
          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Honestly. Not that much could be done to the tt01. That's worth it anyways. I'd look into upgrading dampers & a brushless/lipo setup.

For brushless setups I'd go for the JustStock Hobbywing ESC & 8.5t Tacon motor. That's going to be your best bang for buck.

You can also lock the rear diff & get a front one way diff. If you look to upgrade for drifto.

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post

r32 body
              Quoting because amazing r32 rc drift car.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

I had the blessing to be part of the first RC track/club in America, the Ventura County Roadrunners.

Before I got out I ran these:
                Xray XB8 with RB C6BB

Schumacher Mi4LP

Both painted by me. I got lucky and had the chance to paint for RC Car Magazine, if you want check it out at oomsgfx.com

When I go autocrossing with the Porsche club, luckily my friend is currently the club VP, so after autocrossing I go out and get to join the fray with his toys. The club has had the opportunity to host several on and off ROAR regional events, while I teched for a couple, and once in a while we get some nutty fast guys like Hiro out there.
                Last edited by R3Z3N; 01-07-2013, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Here is where my R/C adventures have taken me.

Started with a AE TC3 Racer Kit, then moved to a AE B3. Got out for awhile, got bit by the rock crawling bug. Picked up an Axial AX10 ARTR, converted it to SCX10 status.

And in the works are a Toyota Tundra & a Hilux/Yota Truggy.

My oldest daughter (almost 9) is in to it even, in fact I'm getting ready to purchase her a crawler kit to build herself. We go trailing with a few local people, recently met a bunch more that trail down near Columbus, OH.

I know my rig is quite different than what others have posted, but here it is. HAHA

Comment

I'm so jelly. Always wanted to get into crawlers but I don't have any spot to crawl. The local hobby shop has a sweet indoor crawl course. It's a mountain with a bridge & all the good stuff, but it's a little out of the way to go crawling often.

I'm looking for a nice electric off road rig, but I don't know what to get. Been thinking about a slash or a losi scte.

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Get a Traxxas E-Revo with the Mamba Monster in it...
                      I had one for a while and it was the most insane RC I had ever dealt with, ran it with two 25-35c 5800mah 3 cell lipo batteries that we had to shave out the body to fit...
                      It would do double standing backflips, which also broke all of the driveshafts at the same time ;)
                      Expensive car but it was batshit crazy

Comment

Thought about the revo. Out of the budget lol. Looking for something a little low maintenance. Just want a reliable basher that my pops can play with & I won't be sad when he smashes the crap out of it.

I've got a nitro mammoth, but parts r pretty much gone so its retired.

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
                          I'm so jelly. Always wanted to get into crawlers but I don't have any spot to crawl. The local hobby shop has a sweet indoor crawl course. It's a mountain with a bridge & all the good stuff, but it's a little out of the way to go crawling often.

I'm looking for a nice electric off road rig, but I don't know what to get. Been thinking about a slash or a losi scte.
                          What about an E-Maxx. Always a good basher, and they've been around for a while, so parts are easy to find, and they are easy to find used.

Comment

Yeah it sucks when the parts start fading out.
                            The revo is a money hog for sure!
                            Does duratraxx still make the evader? I know that those are not too bad on price and parts were reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by 318isbmw View Post
                              What about an E-Maxx. Always a good basher, and they've been around for a while, so parts are easy to find, and they are easy to find used.
                              Just watched a review on the e-maxx. All looked swell until the durability test :(

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Thar r32 is sooo dank. I think its because the fitment. I have soo much gap in mine. I should get bigger wheels

Comment

Working...
                                X