No announcement yet.

Show-off your JEEP's....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My '14 Trailhawk shortly after I got her. Sad day for the E90 as she got traded in for a Jeep.

She does well off road but stock tires kind of suck. Went to a couple off road parks outside of Chicago last year but haven't had time other than playing in the fields this year.

'08 E90 328i Sport '04 E53 3.0 '02 E46 325i Sport '91 E30 325ic M-Technic

Comment

Picked up a 1994 XJ on Friday. Has a lot of front end play so I need to work on that, but other than that I've driven around 250 miles already without any serious issues.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1458532816324.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	7184292

Comment

^ 2wd or 4wd?

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

It's the 2.5L i4 5 speed 2wd.

Comment

Cool, got any plans for it?

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

In its previous life it was used as a beater but maintenance was kept up on pretty well, so I want to do a basic tune up, fluids, and fix a lot of the little things like interior lights, dash, door locks, seats, etc. Once I get the little quirks fixed I'll worry about rebuilding the suspension, brakes, upgrading steering and what not. The 2.5l is pretty damn slow, so my plans of doing a prerunner style build goes out the window. Not sure what I will do for lift and tires, but it will happen.

Comment

Tall and skinny tires look awesome on those 2D XJ's
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Went and got stuck the other day. Didn't take much, but I was asking for it. Some guy in a truck came and pulled me out. A locker and tires will be in order.

Comment

hell I think just tires would have been enough to keep you moving in that... Do you mean like and ARB air locker or like a limited slip/detroit locker..... Depending on how serious your going to want to get, a limited slip would be where I would want to go with it, unless your going to get really really into looking for places to get hung up
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

I mainly want to keep this a trail rig. Something I can thrash around in a little mud and on fireroads etc. I'm not too big into getting stuck, so sounds like a limited slip/detroit will do just fine.

Trying to find a place to buy a full suspension rebuild kit but they don't seem to exist. Or do I have to piece it all together?

Comment

Went on a little trail run with a few buddies for Easter. Ended up throwing a cel after a little while and I continued on with what seemed like a misfire for a little then made my way back home. Found a few intake hoses with no clamps and a random wire unplugged. I fixed those, topped off all the fluids, and she was good to go. I also put air in all the tires which seemed to help with the death wobble I got on the freeway the other day. So with the jeep running and driving well I think it is time to start replacing/upgrading things.

So I have decided that I want to keep the jeep as low as possible, but still get decent travel for trails etc. I plan to find a 2" lift, Notch Customs Flares, and 33s. These are the flares for those that haven't seen them, allows for large tires with minimal lift, and because I do not plan to do any crawling this is perfect for me. http://notchcustoms.com/product/m-max-fender-flares/

Last edited by mbonanni; 03-28-2016, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Sounds like you are having fun with it!!

Mine blew up last month. It started to knock really loud and I just said lets see how long it lasts... around 30 miles it did. Grenaded #6 piston, and put a hole in the wall. Picked up another engine from a lower mile 96 XJ and painted it AMC blue. Its back in and running fine. The MSD wires where on the engine already.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Anything to look out for with the Unlimited models?

The Saab is getting annoying to the point that we might bump up our purchase timeframe. It will be a manual.
                            No E30 Club
                            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                              Sounds like you are having fun with it!!

Mine blew up last month. It started to knock really loud and I just said lets see how long it lasts... around 30 miles it did. Grenaded #6 piston, and put a hole in the wall. Picked up another engine from a lower mile 96 XJ and painted it AMC blue. Its back in and running fine. The MSD wires where on the engine already.

I love that color! My 2.5 has been "knocking" since I got it 2 years ago.
                              2004 BMW e60 525i - Daily
                              1996 BMW e36 M3 - Toy
                              1994 Jeep Wrangler - Summer Toy
                              1993 Range Rover Classic - Handsome Looker that never gets driven

Comment

That motor would go perfect with my teal. I want to do a 4.0l swap eventually, but that will be a ways away. I've done some searching and gathered a list of susp parts to replace, I think I got it all, anything I should add/remove?

Front:
                                - Front Track Bar
                                - Front Sway Bar Bushings
                                - Sway Bar End Links
                                - Sway Bar Link/Stabalizer Bushing
                                - Upper/Lower Control Arms
                                - Tie Rod Ends
                                - Tie Rods
                                - Power Steering Pitman Arm
                                - Steering Stabilizer
                                - Tie Rod Tube

Rear
                                - Leaf Spring Bushings
                                - Rear Spring Shackle
                                - Sway Bar Link
                                - Sway Bar Bushings

I still need to see what parts lift kits come with, so I may not need all of those items. However, I do not know what lift I am going to go with yet so I'll just jeep that stuff there. As far as lifts go, I only need 2-3" so I plan to piece it together with some decent shocks and what not, any recommendations? Or will a Rubicon, OME, or Rough country lift be sufficient for trails?

Comment

Working...
                                X