Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMO, one of the worst terrorists in America.....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO, one of the worst terrorists in America.....

are shitty teen drivers. that's right.... if you are under 18 and suck at driving (yet don't think you do) then I might be talking about you!!

An analysis of federal crash statistics by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety found that nearly 31,000 people were killed in crashes involving drivers between the ages of 15 and 17 between 1995 and 2004.

The death toll included 9,847 passengers of the teen drivers, or 31.8 percent; 7,477 occupants of other vehicles operated by drivers at least 18 years of age, or 24.2 percent; and 2,323 pedestrians and bicyclists, or 7.5 percent.

So by rough estimate, bad teen drivers kill about 2,000 adults in this nation a year on average.

And women, women are the scourge (fuck if I spelled it wrong) of the roads.
    Im now E30less.
    sigpic

Comment

especially old women..

I'm getting mad just thinking about the possibility of getting stuck behind an old slow ass waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

Comment

I thought this was going to be about George W. Bush . . .

Seriously, though, these statistics tell the story - kids are crappy drivers.
        Current Cars
        2014 M235i
        2009 R56 Cooper S
        1998 M3
        1997 M3

Comment

inexperience is part, but those stats prove that alot of the trouble is with distractions.

people messing around with their passengers and not paying attention to the road... thats why so many collisions with teenagers involve a car being rear-ended.

Comment

Mmmmm... shitty kid drivers. I use to be one. I absolutely hate what we call "driver education" over here. I'm all for a German inspired system where tailgating will cost you $800, and it costs something like $1500-2000 to get a driver's license after god knows how many years of driving instruction. Fuck any argument about there not being enough public transportation... then don't live over an hour from where you work.

Whenever I have kids, they will each get a go kart at age 5 and start learning how to drive from that day forward. I just had a 1240 mile drive to Key Largo a couple weeks ago and the shit I saw some people pulling pissed me off. Then I go and get pissed and have to pass them on the right, which if the system were perfect I would get a nice big ticket for, but then again the asshole who made me do that would realize that slow traffic should stay right, pass left.

Oh... where was I... oh yeah... teen drivers in the US are abhoringly bad.

Comment

I'm 17 in 11 days and have had my licesne since may of '05 (drove on a permit for a long ass time) and that's as much as I'm going to say bceause karma has bitten me in the ass before.

But I'll just sum it up with saying my car and no one elses has suffered damage due to my inexperience/stupidity or whatever you'd like to call it..

*knock on wood*

but I agree that the large majority of teen drivers suck, which is why I refuse to drive my E30 to school just to have some dumbass back into me in the parking lot.

91 318is | 97 FZJ80

Comment

jsut to make things clear... im still 17

i've had my license since march '04, but i've been driving since I was about 9

I think learning to drive that early definately gave me a lot more experience, teaching me the limits and characteristics of what cars can and can not do, something some people never learn until AFTER they have been allowed to be loose on the roads by themselves.

books can teach you alot, but there is no substitute for experience.

Comment

haha, here come the 16 year olds heeter! watch out!

Comment

I drove crazy two years ago, ebraking, drifting, taking my cars to the limits. Stupid? Yes. However, because of it, I believe I am a much better driver than many people on the road that crash into guard rails or oncoming traffic because they can't control their slipping car due to lack of experience even though they have more wheel time than I.

Comment

Originally posted by BENdashdash
                      I drove crazy two years ago, ebraking, drifting, taking my cars to the limits. Stupid? Yes. However, because of it, I believe I am a much better driver than many people on the road that crash into guard rails or oncoming traffic because they can't control their slipping car due to lack of experience even though they have more wheel time than I.
                      congrats, you risked yours and others lives driving recklessly on the street to get a grasp of what you think is car control at limit....instead of you know, finding legal and safe controlled venues to pick up on car control.

Comment

I'm 17, it scares me that some of the idiots around me at school are starting to drive, it just seems impossible.

I've always been a HUGE car fan and have driven in my head since I was like 2, but I really haven't had any instances that I've even been close to a wreck (caused by me.)

That being said, I NEVER really push cars on the road, and unfortunatley, I haven't autox'd or gone to a track either. When I four wheel, however, I get to wring the hell out of my cruiser.

I love the "drifters" at my school, they're so awesome with their cars and their drifting, its a funny (stupid) bunch.

chase

Comment

statistics dont lie people. i'll admit i was an inexperienced driv0r. hell in MANY respects i still am. theres no shame in admiting that. but for the love of christ, don't sit here and tell me that you 16-17 year olds are "good drivers".

Comment

Originally posted by Il Duce
                            statistics dont lie people. i'll admit i was an inexperienced driv0r. hell in MANY respects i still am. theres no shame in admiting that. but for the love of christ, don't sit here and tell me that you 16-17 year olds are "good drivers".
                            i never said i was a "good driver," just better than the average head up their ass jackass teenage driver.

on another note.... in 2 months I'll be 18 and I'll be a "good driver" YAY!

Comment

gah, only 4 months left until i'm 19

and I haven't felt reckless since the time I hit 155 (...not in the e30, that would be impossible and scare me shitless).

Unless you count doing doughnuts in the middle of an intersection during a blizzard. But that wasn't my fault.
                              Last edited by Tvan; 01-18-2006, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X