No announcement yet.

Calling all nerds (gaming) GET IN HERE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but getting a high watt PSU and wanting a quiet rig has nothing to do with the circumstantial quality deficits that raidmax is known for. You likely use under 500w at full load, that's less than 60% of capacity. so if the raidmax does in-fact use inferior or lower quality parts, is far less likely to be obvious at 20% capacity, or 30%, or 50%, or even 60%, than someone that needs 450w and bought a 500-600w psu.

like the old scepter LCD TVs, they sure player 1080p, but the main thermosistor would literally desolder itself from the board if it was on for more than a couple of hours running.

it's not like raidmax never made a single good psu and they all blow up outa no where, if that were true it wouldn't be a company, yet even a large company. what was

Comment

and given that OP's video card consumes half the power (at peak) that the two of mine do together, and he's not running the GPUs full-time like i am, it's very likely that he's asking as little of his PSU as i am of mine.

if we're going to recommend that OP spend money anywhere, it should be to fix the GPU he has or buy a better one (Gigabyte's implements of Radeon chipset have been working great for me).

can i be any clearer here? we've identified the failure point. stop telling OP to spend money on shit that isn't fucking broken.
      past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

My original post said to fix the airflow and grab a zalman heatsink for his GPU. Crap man, calm down. Idk why you keep arguing a point that never existed.

Comment

Lastly he's using at least 85% of his PSU capacity under full load, where-as your 60% just can't be compared.

Again, as has been said before: fix video card. Then future-proof the machine by ditching his PSU for a better quality or higher watt one. The same way someone would tell you to ditch a victor reinz HG.... sure, it may work just alright for a while, but it'd be your best idea to stay away or upgrade to ensure proper operation for the future

Comment

Honestly a Corsair 600-800PSU is like 50-100$ not a ton, and with GPU's my recommendation is a Sapphire Radeon 7870 OC edition, its like $150 and runs almost everything on highest.
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

No need to get into arguments over nothing, I appreciate the help and info.

YES I KNOW I need a better PSU down the road, YES I KNOW I can save some money and get a better GPU, add case fans, and have a better, cooler running PC, right now I don't have a lot of money to spare and I got both for $110, couldn't pass that up :D
              Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
              If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
              Originally posted by J3M93
              This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

so just spend the extra $40 for a nice heatsink that you can use with any future card

Comment

Working...
                X