Who has a pit? (Dog)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 325_e30
    replied
    I absolutely adore these dogs, you cannot get a more loyal dog.

    and for the naysayers talking about how aggressive they are:






    edit: forgot to post my little mix

    what she was



    and how she is now
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 325_e30; 01-13-2014, 10:01 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • CabbE30
    replied
    Tank:

    Leave a comment:


  • Ether-D
    replied
    Yep, that dog just wants to play. Did anyone else watch the pits pulling 5000lbs thing? Fucking awesome. Way to harness (no pun intended) their abilities. They clearly love to do it, too.

    Leave a comment:


  • dreamchasin
    replied
    Haha I was waiting for that comment. I think it's hilarious when I wear a lot of pink.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • ParsedOut
    replied
    Originally posted by dreamchasin
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwEV...e_gdata_player

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    1st view FTW! By the way, you wear too much pink.

    Leave a comment:


  • dreamchasin
    replied


    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Ether-D
    replied
    Yeah, I see this thread is becoming so classically r3v. We all have opinions and we all think our opinions are right. There is a gray area.

    Just like an ethnic stereotype, there is at least some truth to the talk about dangerous pits. I've never seen a bad one in person, only on the news, like serial killers.
    "Oh shit! Don't make new friends, they may be serial killers!"

    I own two part pits, and they are complete babies. Unless you are one of the two guys from my neighborhood that I don't want in my yard, then you better keep your hands in your pockets and move on. I don't know how my dogs know that those guys aren't allowed, but they do.

    Leave a comment:


  • gtdragon980
    replied
    Originally posted by slaterd
    I don't understand why all of the caution about body language. Yes, you must read every dogs' body language, but you're all making it sound like it is something to watch over constantly. Ra, my new 70lbs. pit, I wrestle with him all the time, rough-house with him, hell I've even bitten his face cause he was "play biting" a little too rough, and not once did he ever snap at me or did I feel I was in danger. Maybe I got really lucky and have a pit that is incredibly un-alpha. Maia, the female, is exactly the same way. She's a little more aggressive, but only towards Ra (she's put him down several times). Towards people, though, she's as gentle as a Guinnea Pig.
    When my dog is around unfamiliar people, I am always watching body language. I need not worry when it is just me or people she knows. I can do the same with my dog and she will play rough and stop in an instant when I tell her so. But around new people or pets, I always watch her like a hawk. Not that she is aggressive, but I like to be cautious about it. She had gotten aggressive with those small annoying dogs that always try to hump her though.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • dreamchasin
    replied
    I'll upload a video of my pit where I'm rough housing with him and he'll instantly stop when I either point my finger or say "nice". He immediately stops and sits down.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • slaterd
    replied
    I don't understand why all of the caution about body language. Yes, you must read every dogs' body language, but you're all making it sound like it is something to watch over constantly. Ra, my new 70lbs. pit, I wrestle with him all the time, rough-house with him, hell I've even bitten his face cause he was "play biting" a little too rough, and not once did he ever snap at me or did I feel I was in danger. Maybe I got really lucky and have a pit that is incredibly un-alpha. Maia, the female, is exactly the same way. She's a little more aggressive, but only towards Ra (she's put him down several times). Towards people, though, she's as gentle as a Guinnea Pig.

    Leave a comment:


  • gtdragon980
    replied
    Originally posted by cale
    It's not dumb nor ignorant, lap dogs cannot rip off an arm no matter how vicious they become. All you can grasp from his statement is that when things go wrong with pits, they go very very bad. They have a bad reputation because they attract shitty owners who often exploit them or involuntarily bring out their ability to do harm, an ability that is substantially greater than most other breeds. What is dumb and ignorant is the lengths at which many owners will try and excuse this breed as the most peaceful pet you could possibly own. Can they make great companions that I would trust around my kids? Yes. Are they extremely fucking dangerous when you piss one off, simply because of how they were bred over the centuries and their physical stature? Yes.
    I can agree with this. They are very powerful dogs and can inflict serious damage to a person or animal. However, given the right training, these issues can be avoided and almost fully suppressed. I know my dog and I can read her body language. If I sense that she does not like someone or she may be aggressive around another dog, I will avoid confrontation altogether. My dog has never bitten anyone or anything because I have taken the proper precautions when having her around others. She is extremely friendly by nature and has been since she was a puppy. With any dog, and this can be applied to other things such as guns, proper training and precaution must be taken in order to prevent catastrophe.

    Leave a comment:


  • charlescho
    replied
    Originally posted by cale
    It's not dumb nor ignorant, lap dogs cannot rip off an arm no matter how vicious they become. All you can grasp from his statement is that when things go wrong with pits, they go very very bad. They have a bad reputation because they attract shitty owners who often exploit them or involuntarily bring out their ability to do harm, an ability that is substantially greater than most other breeds. What is dumb and ignorant is the lengths at which many owners will try and excuse this breed as the most peaceful pet you could possibly own. Can they make great companions that I would trust around my kids? Yes. Are they extremely fucking dangerous when you piss one off, simply because of how they were bred over the centuries and their physical stature? Yes.

    for what its worth, they have been bred for dog aggression and not human aggression.

    Leave a comment:


  • cale
    replied
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    thats the dumbest, most ignorant thing ever posted here. i mean this in the most respectful sense possible.
    It's not dumb nor ignorant, lap dogs cannot rip off an arm no matter how vicious they become. All you can grasp from his statement is that when things go wrong with pits, they go very very bad. They have a bad reputation because they attract shitty owners who often exploit them or involuntarily bring out their ability to do harm, an ability that is substantially greater than most other breeds. What is dumb and ignorant is the lengths at which many owners will try and excuse this breed as the most peaceful pet you could possibly own. Can they make great companions that I would trust around my kids? Yes. Are they extremely fucking dangerous when you piss one off, simply because of how they were bred over the centuries and their physical stature? Yes.
    Last edited by cale; 01-03-2014, 10:35 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • frankenbeemer
    replied
    Originally posted by LowR3V'in
    Lap dogs can't rip your arms off. These things where made to be killing machines.
    Originally posted by dreamchasin
    I seriously hope you're just being a prick to stir shit up.

    However if you really do believe what you say, you're the cause of so many pit deaths. How does that make you feel?

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I can't connect these dots.

    Originally posted by flyboyx
    thats the dumbest, most ignorant thing ever posted here. i mean this in the most respectful sense possible.

    are sharks evil because you saw the movie jaws?


    you are entitled to your opinion and i know i won't change it with words. just know your point of view posted here is ignorant as hell.
    I don't think this is even close to being the dumbest, or most ignorant thing ever posted here, this is r3v, for crying out loud.

    Leave a comment:


  • flyboyx
    replied
    Originally posted by LowR3V'in
    Lap dogs can't rip your arms off. These things where made to be killing machines.
    thats the dumbest, most ignorant thing ever posted here. i mean this in the most respectful sense possible.

    are sharks evil because you saw the movie jaws?


    you are entitled to your opinion and i know i won't change it with words. just know your point of view posted here is ignorant as hell.
    Last edited by flyboyx; 01-03-2014, 06:39 AM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...