Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midwest To West Coast Road Trip (now with a real update!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midwest To West Coast Road Trip (now with a real update!)

Sup guys?

As of Today, I'm officially jobless. Yesterday was my last day as the assistant manager of a paint store where I've worked for almost 4 years. Wednesday of next week I'll be leaving my hometown to road trip to the west coast to find somewhere to live. I will be traveling with a good friend of mine named Ruben, we are loading up my 94 525i and hitting the open road. We have friends and family up and down the west coast and plan to stop at almost every major city/area along the way.

Heres a rough outline:

If any of you live anywhere along this route let me know, I'd love to meet some fellow r3vers. We may need places to crash along the road if the weather won't allow for camping or sleeping in the car. If you happen to have a spare couch/floor, I would be forever grateful.

We don't want to look like freeloaders though so we are willing to help you with something while we stay. Need some help working on your e30? I'd love to lend a hand, I've done all my own work on my own e30 so I should be able to help out with basic work. Have some work to be done around the house? We will do our best to help out, heck I could probably help paint your house or a few rooms at least. Want a photo shoot of your e30? Both Ruben and myself are amateur photographers and would love to shoot some photos for you.

Speaking of photos, we want to see as much of the countryside as we can while we are on the road. If you are local to an area we would love to hear about cool places to visit/see while we are in town. If you want to hang out for a day and come shoot photos and guide us around that would be great too!! We have no specific timeline necessarily so we are free to go where ever and do pretty much whatever we want, so feel free to come hang out with us while we are in your area.

We made a really simple tumblr page to share the trip while we are on the road, mostly for friends and family. Feel free to follow along if you want, were pretty cheesy in a few posts but can you blame us? Were fucking excited to leave!

http://lost-on-land.tumblr.com

Thanks,
    -Mike

Please pm me or post in here if you want to meet up or are able to help us out on the road, even if its just to lend a hand if something happens to the car.
    Last edited by noE30; 04-04-2014, 02:58 PM.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

I think this is really cool man, Wish I was in a place where I could do something similar.....maybe one day. Good luck and safe travel brothers!
    sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Take 101 and 1 along the coast. NOT the interstate, and if possible go north, then south along the coast. You're in an ideal location to take the same route I did.

See my sig for reference.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
        Take 101 and 1 along the coast. NOT the interstate, and if possible go north, then south along the coast. You're in an ideal location to take the same route I did.

We are trying to avoid the winter weather in the north right now

Flickr

Comment

yo! Hit me up when you pass through Las Cruces, NM.

Edit: You're also doing the road trip I've been dreaming of for a few years now, minus the Iowa --> Texas part. I wanna drive the whole PCH from San Diego to where ever it ends.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Good luck Mike. Sounds like a great time.

By the way Avi and I did this trip a while back in an 02 and we set the GPS to avoid all freeways. We were on dirt mountain roads in parts and it was the most fun Ive ever had. Id encourage you to take as many 2 lane roads as possible
            We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
            www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Good luck!

Another vote for staying off the interstates here. My wife and I traveled from Chicago east and avoided all interstates. It was gorgeous and an amazing adventure.
              - Josh
              1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
              Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Good luck! Looks like an awesome trip. Been wanting to do something similar myself.
                91 318is M50 swapped
                05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

good luck, i am oh so jealous.

i have no idea what i am doing with my life

Comment

Should hit as many national parks as you can! Yosemite, Zion, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Redwood. All great places to stop, and they're all worlds apart when it comes to different landscapes.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Awesome dude, followed on tumblr. Will pay close attention to the blog. Something like this is calling my name in the next couple years with a close friend as well. Good luck with everything and have fun!
                      1990 325is Brilliantrot/Natur

Comment

unless u wanna go to yosemite then avoid the valley all together hwy 99 is full of trucks and crazy ass drivers go to san diago and follow the coast all the way up would be worth the extra time!

also i would stay away from dallas and go through arizona instead, dallas sucks nuts.

Comment

Super awesome! Sounds like fun. Did you ever post pics of your e34?
                          I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
                          Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post

Listen to this guy. He crashed in my spare room for a couple days when he did his road trip. Depending on what day you guys come through, I might be able to swing a futon/couch for you. PM for my number when you guys start planning dates.

WTB NorCal: Z4 shifter + misc. parts

Comment

Originally posted by Albuquerque30 View Post
                              Listen to this guy. He crashed in my spare room for a couple days when he did his road trip. Depending on what day you guys come through, I might be able to swing a futon/couch for you. PM for my number when you guys start planning dates.
                              That would be fantastic man. I will definitely let you know.

Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X