X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
    Suburban
    +1

Nice rigs, built like a tank. Made in the USA, cheaper parts, reliable.
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I also vote for the 4Runner (V8 or V6). I currently drive a basic Toyota Tacoma and have previously owned a 4WD Toyota p/u. Maintenance is minimal, parts (if needed) aren't too pricy. See my sig re: present Toyota......it really has been that reliable for me.

Jon
      Rides...
      1991 325i - sold :(
      2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
        Suburban
        +2 My brother snagged one with ~90k for $5k. Gets decent mileage, and had no problem hauling an e30 filled with a townhouse 8 hours. Even had passing power up slight grades..slight.

Comment

My father-in-law has an X5 with the N62. He's had it for eight years with no mechanical problems at all. He doesn't tow, but he does drive it a lot.

IIRC the only issues have been with the AC, which needed to be recharged a few years ago and a faulty fuel level sender.
          I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Thanks Gents. I ended up with a 2002 (M62) after all from the original old lady owner with 75k miles and perfect maintenance record. I a quite pleased so far and it is surprisingly quick.
            Last edited by fronton; 05-23-2014, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X