Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im lazy and want to lose weight, but how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ak- View Post
    I eat a daily max of 90g of good carbohydrates spread through the day - diet mostly consists of good fats and protein to hit calories. Been doing this for nearly 6 months and I've put on 38lbs of GOOD weight with weight training and hiking every weekend even with my carb deficit.

Point being, a huge part of how your body changes is the calories in vs out supplemented with whatever exercise. I'm eating just like the guy above me (no alcohol though/count my carbs), and I gained good weight.
    90gr of good proteins per day is quite low.

how big/small are you to begin with? are you feeling okay/sleeping ok?

you'd be edging on a state of ketosis due to a low intake of carbs (if you're a bigger guy) which can effectively be dangerous in a sense it can affect your mood as carbohydrates are infact a source of fuel in order to produce the macronutrient in which our bodies produce both serotonin and melatonin...the "feel good and sleep" fuel which fire off to our neurotransmitter in order to feel happy/sleep properly.

my advice to all is YES in a reduction of carbs, but be very weary on a drastic reduction...good guidelines to follow but just remember CARBS ARE NOT BAD follow a good balance guideline and smart choices.
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Originally posted by Liquidity View Post
      Why do people drink protein shakes when they're trying to lose weight? First of all, they are not a replacement for a proper meal. Second, protein shakes are for adding weight in the form of muscle at the gym. If you're not going to the gym, it's just gonna turn to fat. Get rid of the protein shakes.
      so much misinformation

Comment

i have an idea: eat less, get some exercise?
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
          This.

Lazy ≠ Weight Loss

/thread
          Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
            This.

Lazy ≠ Weight Loss

/thread
            it's not so cut and dry.

what about those who are bound to wheelchairs who simply can't move?

Parapalegic's for example?

it IS possible to drop actual mass after a lifetime of poor diet choices and habits.

you don't necessary NEED to "eat less move more"

being informed is the # tool you can use in your toolbox towards better eating habits and lifestyles changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
              it's not so cut and dry.

what about those who are bound to wheelchairs who simply can't move?

Parapalegic's for example?

it IS possible to drop actual mass after a lifetime of poor diet choices and habits.

you don't necessary NEED to "eat less move more"

being informed is the # tool you can use in your toolbox towards better eating habits and lifestyles changes.
              Actually it is.

Lazy is a catch-all term in the way I was referring to it. If you're lazy about your health it will affect you. If you don't bother to care what you're taking in, that will drastically effect you life. Most people should partake in exercise.

If you want to live a healthy lifestyle being lazy (eating fast food for example because making your own meal is too much work) won't work. Eating processed sodium filled, sugar filled foods will end you up in the hospital if you were lazy and decided to eat out for every meal. Remember Morgan Spurlock's movie? Hell, you can be the skinniest guy in the room and your metabolic age could be in the 80's because of a lifetime of terrible dietary choices. The visceral fats around your organs can age you even faster than father time.

You are right, it's never too late to change and become healthy. Laziness about your own health though will cause you to change for the worse.
              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                That could still not be helpful, though. You have to be more conscious of what you're eating and when for you to optimally reach your goals.

Also, everyone takes what has given them some results and says that's the #1 way. It is not the case. Some people are different and respond differently to factors such as weight training, cardio, carb intake, protein intake, sleep, etc.

But overall it is pretty easy, keep your protein intake right, avoid eating things that aren't food, and if you're running a calorie deficit, you will lose mass, either muscle or fat.
                For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                Originally posted by mbonanni
                I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Also gaining muscle will burn fat on it's own as it takes more calories for your body to maintain a higher muscle mass.
                  For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                  Originally posted by mbonanni
                  I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
                    90gr of good proteins per day is quite low.

how big/small are you to begin with? are you feeling okay/sleeping ok?

you'd be edging on a state of ketosis due to a low intake of carbs (if you're a bigger guy) which can effectively be dangerous in a sense it can affect your mood as carbohydrates are infact a source of fuel in order to produce the macronutrient in which our bodies produce both serotonin and melatonin...the "feel good and sleep" fuel which fire off to our neurotransmitter in order to feel happy/sleep properly.

my advice to all is YES in a reduction of carbs, but be very weary on a drastic reduction...good guidelines to follow but just remember CARBS ARE NOT BAD follow a good balance guideline and smart choices.
                    I wrote 90g of carbs a day not protein :p
                    I'm 6ft 190lbs with low body fat and have great energy and no problems sleeping - and I'm not saying this to refute your point! I understand what a carb deficit can do to bigger guys or people who aren't used to it. I'm definitely not going keto though :)

My body already got used to my carb deficit diet where processed food and breads upset my stomach, but then again that's crud I don't ever crave anymore.
                    Last edited by ak-; 08-01-2014, 02:42 PM.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Liquidity View Post
                      Why do people drink protein shakes when they're trying to lose weight? First of all, they are not a replacement for a proper meal. Second, protein shakes are for adding weight in the form of muscle at the gym. If you're not going to the gym, it's just gonna turn to fat. Get rid of the protein shakes.
                      YOU ARE LOLZ!

Protein shake is a meal replacement. They are fast to do so it's for convenience if you don't want to cook and it doesn't turn into fat. You still need to eat carbs and fat also.
                      Also each person is different so the right answer on what fat, carbs and protein grams to eat are different. They depend on your weight, height and age.
                      You can find all sorts of calculators online for what you want to do. Cut, gain, maintain.

for me to maintain I need somewhere around 2500 cals a day.
                      right now I'm in a carb cycle to lose last 3% to get to 7% bodyfat.
                      I eat 3 days
                      45g of fat
                      170g carbs
                      215g protein
                      then 4th day
                      45g fat
                      300g carbs
                      180g protein

o boy it's fun
                      "I wanna see da boat movie"
                      "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                        I wrote 90g of carbs a day not protein :p
                        I'm 6ft 190lbs with low body fat and have great energy and no problems sleeping - and I'm not saying this to refute your point! I understand what a carb deficit can do to bigger guys or people who aren't used to it. I'm definitely not going keto though :)

My body already got used to my carb deficit diet where processed food and breads upset my stomach, but then again that's crud I don't ever crave anymore.

GAH! I typed to quickly I meant to type carbs! (I think you caught on) Glad you know the limits!

I personal did exactly that (mind you I'm 6'2 230 and went in around at 50gr carbs daily for about 2 weeks....dropped weight, but wasn't balancing out everything else...

started getting SUPER grumpy, tired, sad...and my sleep was super messed up, not to mention the wild heart rate I self induced (PVC's)
                        pretty scary to be honest...never had I truly experienced first hand how important carbs are!

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKCHARM88 View Post
                          I'm at 3000 calories and can eat what ever I want, I just exercise as much as I can and randomly to trick my body. Also if you go with weights go light for the first 3 months, you'll get more toned that way and just up the sets and reps. Plus I smoke a pack a day, yes it may not be a healthy alterative but smoking keeps you skinny. All those ppl who say smokers cant run is bs, its all about your breathing control, my last PT test before I got out (2months ago) I had a 12:48 2mile. How are them apples?
                          Wow you are just full of good advice. OP trick them muscles brah, lift light so you don't get bulky and keep toned, also have you tried smoking yet?

Comment

I lost about 50 lbs a few years back by doing the following:

Stopped drinking beer
                            Stopped eating fast food
                            Stopped drinking soda
                            Cancelled my cable to get my fat ass off the couch

Comment

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
                              Stopped drinking beer
                              Let's not go crazy here.

Comment

I'd like to update this to say that I've actually grown an inch since I've lost that weight! I'm now 195lbs 6'1" because of the decompression in my joints and spine. It's pretty amazing, I'm taller and lighter than I've been in probably 8-10 years? And I feel pretty fucking great, dating, working, paying off debt, getting stable, going back to school soon. Losing weight literally changes your whole life!
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Navarone; 09-03-2014, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X