fxxk my life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ak- View Post
    maybe he stopped you from doing something even more stupid upon finishing the bleed
    +1
    I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Sorry OP ...............but you did buy a IX E30.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Where do you live? I'm in grand junction!
        1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
        BMW

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty325ix View Post
          I guess I forgot every step

I don't know what was wrong with me but I filled the coolant from the reservoir instead of the upper radiator hose and I am thinking there was not enough coolant in the system to circulate or sum shit barly could get any to come out of the bleeder and I didn't notice a problem until water started leaking out of the overflow at the top of the radiator and then just a minute later it starts boiling.....I never even saw it get past the 3/4 mark on the temp gauge

But i then filled it back up(just topped it off with straight water cause i figured i blew it)

Kinda hate my self right now not in a great spot to drop $200 on a headgasket kit and to get the head decked

Uggg this was the fluid change since I did the 5 speed swap and engine reseal
          I'm just retarted
          trust me when I say that temp sensors can ONLY read coolant (or water or any liquid for that matter) they dont on air.
          I had a sensor come out on the track, saw some steam but it went away, temp guage stayed at like 160, I came in, found out I pumped out the water and ran three laps with no water and the engine was so hot that the decal on my oil filter had melted and shrunk. water would boil just adding it to the rad for almost half an hour. the Engine lived for the rest of the season, as this was on the second night

sigpic1984 318i Total conversion to a DIRT race car.
          Check out our build on facebook @ www.facebook.com/brewstermotorsports

Comment

Originally posted by Smelser View Post
            trust me when I say that temp sensors can ONLY read coolant (or water or any liquid for that matter) they dont on air.
            I had a sensor come out on the track, saw some steam but it went away, temp guage stayed at like 160, I came in, found out I pumped out the water and ran three laps with no water and the engine was so hot that the decal on my oil filter had melted and shrunk. water would boil just adding it to the rad for almost half an hour. the Engine lived for the rest of the season, as this
            was on the second night
            Uhhhh...temp sensors will read whatever medium they are in, whether it be air or coolant or anything else. The air will be typically be a lot warmer than the coolant, so that is why the temp gauge will go up and down when the sensor is reading the hotter air and then the cooler coolant. You even said yourself that the coolant on your own car came out and the gauge was still reading 160 even though it wasn't plugged into the coolant stream.

Comment

yin yang
              Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I've been looking for a project IX...

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty325ix View Post
                  I filled the coolant from the reservoir instead of the upper radiator hose
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X