OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spike68 View Post
    Heres a photo dump of some wheeling stuff.
    oh hai

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Also since Tony doesn't like to show us being Toyota bros...

DSC01713 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Weekly trips in the Tacoma are a thing now, despite it not being done.

Water system, and full blown AC and DC power system is fully functional. This thing is ridiculously convenient.

Power command center

Tacoma Work Round 5 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Near Sedona AZ

Tacoma Work Round 5 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Near Superior AZ

Tacoma near Superior AZ by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
          Weekly trips in the Tacoma are a thing now, despite it not being done.

Water system, and full blown AC and DC power system is fully functional. This thing is ridiculously convenient.
          quite the step up from sleeping under a tarp in your 1st gen tundra I met you in lmao

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post

quite the step up from sleeping under a tarp in your 1st gen tundra I met you in lmao
            Man, I know!

Glad to have that experience, but also glad that I never have to do that again!

Comment

Dang. Some of those pics makes me want to also overland, but bring a trials bicycle to jib off everything while waiting around....

Comment

Also since Tony doesn't like to show us being Toyota bros...
                Iconic photo because of rigs and crocs

DSC_9313 by Anthony Gomez, on Flickr
                I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

Dang Mike!

I still gotta see this thing in person.
                  Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                    Dang Mike!

I still gotta see this thing in person.
                    Many big things have happened in the past week.

Many thousands of dollars worth of suspension has been added. I cannot describe how much of an upgrade this modification has been. It's not accurate to say that it has no problems with speed bumps at 40+ mph. Its far more accurate to say that it is if they do not even exist. It is ridiculous.

33's will be installed this week when they arrive. Pardon the temporary tiny looking tires.

Tacoma Work Round 8 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Comment

Dang, what suspension?

Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                        Dang, what suspension?
                        Custom rear leafs from Alcan Springs, designed for my type of offroading preferences, and 2" of lift at 1,200 lb of weight.

2.5" extended travel Radflo shocks, valved to the same load requirements as the rear leafs, with 2.5" external reservoirs and compression clickers. 700# springs in the front coils.

Camburg upper control arms, Wheelers Super Bumps, and U-Bolt Flip Kit round out the other related modifications.

Archive Garage Hammer Hangers, with shackles, poly bushings, and cross brace, will finish off the rear (until I upgrade to 14" shocks on relocated towers). The front is complete for now. Nowhere else to go with that except for Long Travel, which isn't happening on this thing.

Comment

How long did it take to get the Alcans? I've hear leaf springs are hard to get nowadays.

Comment

How long did it take to get the Alcans? I've hear leaf springs are hard to get nowadays.
                            ~2 months from date of purchase (paid entire price then, excluding shipping, shipping was charged when shipped) to when they arrived at my house.

Shocks were much, much longer. Talking ~5 months for those.

Comment

Tires came in. First decent photo, many more to come in the future. The look is simply stunning to me.

Tacoma - New Stance by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Comment

So I did a thing back in dec. With no need for a 3/4 ton diesel anymore and 18 years since my last new truck for me I picked this up.

Untitled by mrsleeve, on Flickr

Last year of v8s. So it was a now or never kinda thing. Needs some things that I will be adding as the year goes on after I get the fzj finished up and more friendly to drive on the hwy. Only pic. I have of it from when I was down in Houston with it.
                                Last edited by mrsleeve; 01-29-2022, 07:03 PM.
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X